Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wishful Living 1.14

Welcome back to the ever growing McRae family. With only one baby in the house, life is starting to settle down a bit. The wants in the family are nothing major. Nicole wants to be best friends with Noelle so they spend a lot of time talking. Neal gets an opportunity to fix someone's stereo (don't remember the name) Usually after these his handiness trait kicks in for a while so I'm hopeful it will help.



Nikita is good a cleaning things and I was very sad to see Neal roll a wish to send both Nicole and Nikita off to the school of Peace and Love. He had to run off to work so mom does the dirty work of sending off the first of their children.



Nadia got the teen rebellion want to cut and dye her hair. I think the color works well for her rocking out on the guitar.



It's birthday time in the McRae house again. First up is Nelly, looks like she might have gotten Noelle's hair color. Finally a child that did!



While Noelle puts Nelly down Nikita works on being friends with her dad even though he wanted to ship her off to boarding school. There are three cribs in the nursery and Nelly ends up on the floor.


Then it's time for Noelle to reach adulthood. And instantly hits a mid life crisis. :( Very first want rolled was to divorce Neal. Since her wants were full at the time I gladly didn't lock that one in.




Neal still loves his wife even if she is older than him and he doesn't know she wants a divorce. He chooses the proper way to celebrate her birthday.



Next day the twins spend some time with their brother. Neal yells at Nicole for some prank she has set (but I don't know what) and then the girls head off to boarding school.



We get an opening in Noelle's wants and lock in the get make over wish. On her way she's thinking about getting grandkids soon.




So both Neal and Noelle have yet to roll a want to teach Nelly any skills at this point. She rolls the want for another child and he still has a want for a boy from the last pregnancy. I've never adopted a child in game so to fill both those wants we adopt a little boy we have named Nate. Noah take a liking to his new brother. All these sisters were driving him crazy I guess.





So I've sent kids off before but never have had a child kicked out of boarding school. I didn't capture the screen shot but I got a pop up saying that Nikita didn't feel comfortable expressing her feelings and would like to come home so I let her. Neal gets promoted to Resident so he is moving along in his career. The bedtime story wants continue and the older sisters don't mind reading their little brothers to sleep.



It's time for more birthdays. First up is Nadia. She only had a B in school so I didn't get to roll for her trait this time. She ended up with the socially awkward trait. Her final lists of traits are: loner, absent minded, socially awkward, virtuoso, and genius.




Then it's time for Neal to age up with his wife. He so far has not gotten a midlife crisis. He apparently is very happy in his life.


Finally the wants to teach Nelly some skills roll in, I was getting really worried.



Bonus shot of Noelle checking for wrinkles. She does this all the time.


Just for fun I had Nadia take the aptitude test since I have 3 of those buckets sitting around the house. she scored a 1588.

More bonus shots. The family now has a car thanks to Noelle's wish to buy one.

And here is preggo Naomi






Sha-Sha is all grown up


So the broken stuff was killing me. I ended up buying two new sinks and a new shower. Hopefully Neal will want to fix things should they break this time. In order to buy that car I had to cash in more of Noelle's LTR points to get the inheritance again since she wanted one worth $10,000. If you look over the wishes you'll see that see Nadia graduate was completed in this update but not shown. Well the want fulfilled right after she aged up to YA but the actual graduation didn't take place until my next time in game. It was very odd and I have no idea why that happened.

Also if anyone would like to have Nadia or Naomi, let me know and I will upload them.

Recap of locked wishes

Noelle
Become a grandparent

Potty train Nelly
Teach Nelly to talk
See Nadia become a scientist
Improve cooking skill(cancelled for better wish)
Chat with Nicole(completed)
Clean dishes(rolled 2 times)(completed)
Sign Nikita up for after school activity(completed)
Mop up puddle (rolled 3 times)(completed)
Meet someone new(cancelled for better wish)
Get make over MLC want(completed)
Play game with Nikita(cancelled for better wish)
See Nadia graduate(completed)
Buy car worth $10,000 MLC want(completed)
Have child(completed)
Make bed(cancelled for better wish)

Neal
Reach level 8 of career
Be best friends with Nadia
Improve logic skill
Have boy(completed)
See Nadia get on honor roll(cancelled cuz she aged up)
Snuggle Nelly(completed)
Chat with Nikita(completed)
Enroll Nicole in School of Peace and Love(completed)
Enroll Nikita in School of Peace and Love(completed)
Repair dishwasher(completed)
Ask Nadia about her day(cancelled for better wish)








8 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of growing up in this chapter!

    Ah neat, an adoption!

    Sad about the boarding schools, but sometimes it's a good thing. Marie was sent home from the sports academy (can't remember what it's called dribble something lol) for getting in too many fights.
    Lol, she didn't want to share her feelings. That cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah gotta age 'em up and move 'em out LOL. That house is getting out of control with the people and I am struggle to keep up.

      Yeah I'm over the baby toddler thing so if she can fulfill her have child want through adoption I'm going for it. It's only if she specifies to have child with Neal that I have to do it the old fashion way.

      Yeah they were the first ones he's wanted to send off, but for her to come back was funny. I'd not seen that before but I guess the school of Peace and Love was not for her. Nicole seems to be having no issues right now. I wish I had gotten a screen capture of it I laughed too when I saw it.

      Delete
  2. Adoption! I usually forget about that feature in the game, poor sim children it seems they rarely get adopted! I think at this point sending kids out for a summer camp or whatever those things are called is a bit of a relief heh. Always cool to see Sims age up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I forgot about it to until my daughter said something. It's much easier as I can skip the teaching skills age and fulfill her want all at the same time. :) Having less sims to control was helpful, but since Nikita came home it didn't help too much.

      Lots of birthdays, they are making their way out of the house.

      Delete
  3. I loved Nadia's rocker hair color. And her traits are perfect for some kinds of musician. If that makes sense, lol.
    I've been lucky tat the few times my Sims have wished to send kids to boarding school, they had full wish panelsso I didn't have to do them.
    I'm glad Noelle's was full so you didn't have to let her divorce Neal! He's gem, she'd regret losing him. Even if he doesn't fix stuff. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it fit her rocker attitude however she went into the scientist career. She rolled the want to be the creature robot cross breeder as a teen.

      I was a little bummed he wanted to send the twins off, but Nikita didn't like it there so she was sent home. :P He doesn't roll wants as often so he normally has open slots. :(

      Ha yeah I was glad her panel was full too. It was the first freaking one open. It would have sucked to divorce Neal, he's a great catch. His handiness skills are lacking, but he's still a keeper.

      Delete
  4. Aw Nate is adorably froggy-ish *LOL* I love to do the adoption :) Noelle isn't thinking of grand-kids; with her midlife crisis blaring at her, I bet she's thinking of how old she is *LOL* .... I think Nikita was just missing her home ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL frog-ish way. It was the first time I'd done adoption in S3. Noelle was really worried about those wrinkles LOL. Her mid life crisis was busy.

      Yeah that was funny when she asked to come home. I didn't know that could happen.

      Delete