Saturday, June 15, 2013

Randomacy 2-Settling In

Sleeping in a real bed again was a luxury to Eliza. She has spent so long sleeping in tents on cots or in sleeping bags at the camps where she stayed. Having his sister back was good for Reed, but it did take some adjustments on his social life. He didn't mind, as the older brother (even if it was only three minutes) he felt it was his responsibility to take care of his sister when she needed him. While Reed was at work, Eliza spent time walking around the city exploring the sights. She found a lovely little art gallery that allowed patrons to paint for free should they be inspired.



Reed's house was kinda bland so creating art to hang on the walls felt like the right thing to do. For a man that worked out and talked about being in shape, Reed had poor eating habits so Eliza took on the responsibility of making sure he had a decent meal, or at least not so much take out.


"Hey Reedy." Eliza called out when she heard him come home. "I made mac and cheese for dinner."

"Thanks for cooking." Reed replied walking into the kitchen.

"How was work?"

"Well my bosses talked about openings in the astronaut training program today."


"Do you think you will get in?"

"Not this round, I'm still pretty low on the totem pole."

Over dinner they discussed Eliza's desire to get a job, she didn't want her psychic talents to go to waste, they needed constant training. Reed just smiled and nodded as she talked, then explained getting a job could wait until after the baby is born.


"Speaking of babies, did you make an appointment today?"

"No I don't need one, I feel fine. Besides women have been having babies without the interference of medicine since the dawn of time."

"Lizzie we talked about this. You promised you would go. Isn't bad aura or karma or something to go back on a promise?"

Reed using her thought process against her worked and Eliza agreed to actually go to the doctor. The check up went well.


The midwife said she and the baby looked fine. On the way home she stopped by a community garden. She may not be able to work, but growing an organic garden would help cut back on the grocery bill and provide much better food to cook with.


It would take some time, but since she was going to be put for a little while and loved being outside, a garden would help her feel more connected to Mother Earth. The midwife suggested a few books to read, so after watering the plants, Eliza headed to the library to see if they had the book.


There was an entire child development section so she was able to locate the one she was after. Eliza couldn't resist getting an ice cream when she saw the truck parked outside the library as she was leaving.



She enjoyed her fudge bar until she got a text from Reed. The vibrations scared her making her drop the ice cream. Having a phone was new for her, but Reed insisted in case she went into labor while he was at work.


 "Oops. Maybe he won't notice the cracked screen." She said as she dropped the phone on the sidewalk. This pregnancy was making her a bit of a klutz it would seem. All in all, living the typical domestic type life wasn't all bad. Eliza felt she was settling in nicely.


10 comments:

  1. aw, cute chapter! She dropped her ice cream and her phone~.~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeah she had a bad day. She was the first sim I've had drop the phone and it really does show up with a cracked screen in her inventory. They don't have the $150 to replace it right now. :P

      Delete
  2. I LOVE HER HAIR! <3
    I hope that gets passed on...

    That's so cool about the dropping phones thing! Argh! Need uni! :( (I don't even want the schooling side of things, just everything else.)

    I seem to remember I started reading your wishacy a while ago... I don't know where I got to, but am following you now so I can get round to it (I have a lot of stuff I'm following but haven't started reading yet. I'm a bit bad at catching up, and for all you know I may just start reading from the next update and hope I can work it out ;) Did that with a random legacy when it was on gen 6. Very confusing! LOL)

    Can't wait to see what story you weave out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sadly it won't be passing down since her hair is supposed to be dyed and not her natural color.

      Yeah I've read they can drop them and damage them, but this was the first time I've had it happen. I do like some of the new interactions and items that came with Uni. Not so much the sending them to school.

      Ha no worries. Glad you've found me now and can read it at your leisure. I'm the same way with trying to get things caught up. I have tons of stories I've bookmarked to read. My wishacy is easy enough to follow since there is not story behind it. Just recounting game play.

      Hopefully I can make a simple story that is still fun and drama free.

      Delete
  3. Their personalities compliment each other! Reed is more serious and practical while Eliza is more spontaneous and flamboyant. I love how they're taking care of each other. Her dropping the phone made me laugh, hoping he won't see the cracked screen! I can't even remember how many times my phone has gone flying down the stairs!

    I enjoyed it Jaz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are exact opposites for sure which makes them fun to play. Reed has always felt the need to take care of her even though she pops in and out of his life.

      The screen is pretty cracked, I think he will notice the moment he sees it. :P Down the stairs is easy I dropped mine in the dog's water bowl last month. Thank goodness for insurance.

      Delete
  4. Hm. bad eating habits. That reminds me. I want some peanut butter crackers and root beer. Doesn't matter that it's 10:35 at night. :)
    At least they're whole wheat.
    I hate the boring, limited choices of the food available for them to cook. Makes it irritating as a storyteller.
    Uh, yeah, they've been having babies since the dawn of time, and they would frequently DIE without medical help.
    lol. Sneaky, Reed. Good job.
    Whoops. Broken phone!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes them being whole wheat makes it much better. :P

      Yeah the limited food options suck but I just pretend they make other stuff. No one really pays attention to what's on the plate. :D
      hahahaha yeah they did which is why Reed wants her to go to the doctor. He knows how to handle her in some ways.

      yeah those things shouldn't be so fragile.

      Delete
  5. I laughed when she dropped her smartphone. Jeez I was sooo glad when Shane dropped and broke his :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha luck it wasn't broken. I guess if she drops it again it might break.

      Delete