Saturday, February 15, 2014

Going Solo: Gen 2.7 Kerri


As much as I was enjoying life (other than paying bills), the urge to get another degree was tugging at me. I discussed it with Boyd, and he wasn't happy about the thought of me going away again. The local college didn't have the program I wanted for Science, so even without his support, I applied.


The acceptance came a few weeks later, I was excited and told him it wouldn't be as long as last time. He tried to be happy for me, and said he would house sit while I was gone. Once again I packed up my bags, and headed off.



Unlike last time, I opted to rent a house. After living alone all this time, I was not looking forward to sharing space with anyone. I enjoyed the 'college' experience last time, this time I was focused on getting my degree. Since the program was a shorter time, the course load was more intense. But also very boring, something should have told me that when I showed up for class and there was only one other student.



I'd also hoped that the whole, Kerri Gruber has a famous mom thing would have worn off but, sadly it seemed to be worse. I didn't want negative things written about me in those stupid tabloids so I would sign the pieces of paper shoved at me and try to smile.





Boyd and I stayed in contact, but he was being distant again. I thought he'd gotten over his attitude about me go back to Uni, but I guess I was wrong. When I talked to Shasha, she said he was just being a man and he'd be fine once I got back home. I hoped she was right. I was good this time when I saw her again. I had made up my mind I wanted things to be strictly friendship with us, and she respected that.



It didn't take long for exam time to come around. Once again, Deans's list!!!! Boyd didn't make it to my graduation this time, I tried not to let that bum me out, but I was worried. However I didn't let it stop me from celebrating my accomplishment!



**A/N and with that we have 2 down 1 to go on the degrees for Kerri. I was excited that the second time around it only required a week there instead of two. Hopefully the third will be the same. Now that I am up to date with my pictures and game play, I should be able to keep better records of how she's progressing in her painting career.**

12 comments:

  1. And here we go again... back to the Uni!!!
    It’s a shame, Boyd is acting so negative about Kerri returning to Uni. He should be happy, support her.
    Anyway... Congrats for the second degree and good luck for the last one. Hopefully will be as short as this one!
    EliRoc (still no pic.... ;( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, back to Uni. She had to get those degrees. Boyd is being a butt-face sadly. He should support her dreams, but he has his mom to contend with.

      Thanks, 2 down 1 to go. I'm hoping the last one will be short as well.

      sorry about your pic. :( Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Whooo! Another degree! Hopefully she'll make good use out of all that knowledge she is acquiring! Hopefully Boyd is more patient with her as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep!!!! Sadly she doesn't do anything with them being a painter LOL. Boyd better behave. We'll see how he does next update.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Woo-hoo! Well, not, woo-hoo, but.. hooray! Degree two in the bag. I hope Boyd's been behaving at home.. and Kerri doesn't have to buy a new bed! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I get it hahaha. #2 down, it was quicker this time. She only had to be there a week and I'm hoping the last trip will be the same thing.

      Well Boyd doesn't live at her place, so hopefully if he was misbehaving, he did it at his own house.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Donny and Skye must be total dumwads. It's taking them forever.
    I'm jealous, in other words, of just one week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well she skills a lot since I knew this would be her LTW. I was shocked when the 2nd go round only took 1 week. I still have one trip to go. :)

      And Donny and Skye have other things on their mind. LOL :)

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. If Boyd was sort of upset about her going away for the 2nd degree, I wonder if he will drop her when she goes for the third. Maybe his vampire senses picked up on her bit of experimentation that first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you may be on to something with that last comment....

    he wants to keep her close but she has dreams of her own so they are clashing right now

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come it only took her a week? It sounds too good to be true :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it had to do with her already having one degree plus all her skills gave her extra credit hours. When I went to send her it showed she'd only have to be there a week in order to complete her degree.

      thanks for reading

      Delete