Saturday, February 1, 2014

Going Solo: Gen 2.4: Kerri


After semester break, it was hard to go back to living in the dorms. I had forgotten how much I missed my old bed, and the quiet. Mom and Lenny hadn't set a date yet, she wanted to wait until I finished my last term at university so I could help her plan things. Sadly I didn't see Boyd much on break. We talked some, but his mom kept him 'busy'.


I was a Fine Arts major, but that didn't stop me from wanting to learn other subjects. The science machine was an interesting contraption, and I played around with it when I could as well as continuing to search the galaxy.


The universe was so big and there was so much unknown about it. On the fun side, I also started to dabble in street art. It wasn't as interesting to me as painting, but the self expression side of it, made me want to try.




I arrived before Shasha did, but she called me as soon as she got back to campus. I met her over at the university coffee house.



She was really REALLY happy to see me again. We went in to have a cup of coffee and the barista told us they had installed a new photobooth upstairs. We started out just taking pictures, but like I said, she really missed me, and I missed her too! She knew about Boyd, so at least I wasn't 'cheating' on two people. But I didn't see what Shasha and I did as cheating anyway. It was more about experimenting with life. Yeah that was it, not cheating at all...but why did I still feel so guilty about doing it?



With this being my final semester, I really wanted to make sure I didn't let my grades drop.



Sadly I had the same boring professor, but I was hoping the new material would be enough to keep my interest. My roomies, lost that will to keep things clean so I was back to dealing with living with slobs.




And idiots.



Boyd sent me a gift with a card saying how sorry he was for not getting to see me while I was home.


His mom was pushing for him to put the needs of the family first, and he wasn't ready for that yet. When I called him to thank him, I tried to find out what he meant by that, but he was very vague saying it was nothing to worry about.


Shasha and I had one class together. I had room in my schedule for a technology class and that was her major. We again were study buddies, and then some.





Before I knew it finals were upon us again. I passed with a perfect GPA.


Graduation day came. I had made it, I was a college graduate.



 The first in my family. Everyone came, and I was surprised that Boyd showed up. He hadn't said he was coming, but mom said she told him not to tell me. It was great to have everyone there to share in my success.
 



Move out day came. Shasha was taking a few extra courses to go for her master's degree.


We promised to keep in touch. I would miss her, she had been a great friend. I knew that friendship would continue and we even made plans to visit each other.

I packed up my few belongings, and headed home.


**A/N--whew!!! I didn't think I'd ever get through those two weeks at Uni. It really is a repeat of things so not very interesting game play. But on the upside Kerri now has 1 degree down, 2 more to go!!! Can't wait to get her home and see how far all her paintings get her in her career. She has about 5 large ones in her inventory.**

14 comments:

  1. hmm..interesting chapter. I will have to read the past ones so I can better understand the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy read since the story is based on what happens in game. No preplanning for this one.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. A short one. Congratulations for her first degree and a good start home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep one down 2 more to go! Man I'm sick of uni already LOL

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Wow only two weeks and a degree. Makes Donny look like a dunce. Well, nothing new there really.

    I kinda worried when Boyd showed up that there'd be some Boyd/Shasha drama, but none happened thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah she got done in 2 weeks. I knew what her LTW was going to be so she worked on skills a lot as a teen. Having the scholarship helped to give her extra credits so she could get done sooner! So Donnie isn't a dunce...he's just other wise occupied. hahahah ;)

      I didn't know if he would show or not, but since he did and Shasha didn't we avoided the drama. :D

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Heh, Uni is fun for a few play throughs yeah. Glad she is moving on though! It looks like her and Shasa will just be friends since she is leaving her behind and going back to her life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to make the most of Uni. It's a lot of the same stuff over and over. Gotta do 3 trips so need to find something fun. Yes she's heading home and Sha is moving on with her life. They will remain friends.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Wow! You did Uni quickly! I suppose since you have to do it 3 times, why just take 1 or 2 classes. Go for the full load! And besides, when your study-buddy is your creative outlet, you don't need a lot of free time in your schedule..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was there for two weeks plus she had some credits already because I worked on her skills a lot as a child and teen. I decided early what her LTW would be so I tried to make it as easy on myself as possible.

      LOL she has a great study buddy :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Good for her, graduated :)
    I was worried there that Shasha would make a scene with Boyd unexpectedly showing up.
    I wonder what the secret is he is holding about his Mom. I bet she wants him to marry someone influential and wealthy.... politics. haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! 1 down 2 to go

      Kerri was very up front with Sha regarding Boyd and Sha respects that. She and Kerri were friends first and she wouldn't want to damage that friendship

      his mom...we'll find out about that later

      Delete
  7. Maybe his Mum knows what she's been up to and likes her even less now? She might be hoping that Boyd will lose his feelings for her over time, though I doubt it's anything as simple as that ^^ She's probably far more evil :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His mom didn't like her ever. We'll find out why eventually.

      LOL evil, well every time I see her, she's looking grumpy so it's possible

      thanks for reading

      Delete