Thursday, May 8, 2014

Going Solo: Kerri 2.14


"When were you planning on telling me I had a son?"

"I...I wasn't."

"You need to put her son down, and leave now." Sha said, but Boyd ignored her.

His eyes were focused on me, and me alone.

"You weren't going to tell me?" he yelled.


"No!" I screamed back. "You had no interest in me. Your mother didn't approve and she wouldn't even claim Davis if she knew about him. He's not 'pure' remember."

"He's mine."

"No, he's mine!"

We were in a stand off, and Davis started crying. The yelling had scared him. Boyd took another look at him before giving Davis to me. I held him close, snuggling him, trying to calm him.

"You need to go." Sha stated again, stepping around to stand beside me.


"I'll go for now, but I'll be back. You can't keep my son from me."


I was upset the rest of the day after Boyd left. He didn't come back to the house, but the phone calls started. After the phone calls, I got a letter in the mail. He was taking me to court for custody. Not just visitation, he wanted to take Davis from me. I lost it, but Sha remained calm.


She assured me that I had nothing to worry about. I called Mom and she said the same thing. For once I traded on Mom's fame, and even though Dad wasn't around, his name still carried weight. I hired a top notch lawyer. As things progressed, I learned that Sha's family had some pretty good pull around Moonlight Falls. Learning that, I started to feel better about the situation. She said she'd see what she could do to solidify the case.


Boyd kept calling, and stopping by unannounced. He said he had a right to get to know his son. Sha always ran interference. Our first court date was to discuss visitation, and sadly Boyd was granted supervised visits. His mom was there with him, I was surprised to see her. His wife however, was no where to be seen. Mom told me later that she'd seen her around town and she was pregnant. I couldn't believe it, here he was fighting me for my son, when he had another child, a pure child, on the way. Sha said he was just being a pain because I wouldn't agree to date him again, that it really wasn't about him wanting Davis.


I hoped that wasn't the case, that he wasn't putting my son through unnecessary stress just to get back at me. I would watch him during the visits, and he seemed to actually enjoy getting to know him, but I kept my guard up just in case.




As things got more stressful, I painted as a way to relax and took to working out. I also made sure to spend more time with Davis. It was on one of those family outings that Sha surprised me in the most unexpected way.






She told me that us being in a 'more committed' relationship would prove to the judge Davis was in the right family situation. She made sure to tell me that the custody case wasn't the only reason she wanted to marry me, but I cut her off when I happily said yes.


I called Mom to tell her the good news and she shared some of her own. Apparently Gram had remarried, and it was to a much younger man. Graham and Mom both made sure there was an iron-clad pre-nup in place and Graham was in close contact with the family attorney should any strange requests be made to her will. She also said that Graham and Ichelle were expecting another child. I was happy for them. Now I just had to wait to get my own news about the case.

**A/N**

Kerri is now level 9 of the painter career, so that is almost done. Then it will be just one more trip to Uni to complete her gen's requirements. Kerri keeps rolling the want to get married, so I decided to let her have it. I didn't give Ansley her happy ending, I can at least let Kerri have one.

Picture of Elise aged up to a kid.


10 comments:

  1. That sleazebag son of a sleazepurse!
    I knew this was going to happen. All this is just so he could make her miserable. He has a pureblood on the way, so what joy is a half-breed to their family!

    I'll have my lawyer look into it as well.
    Congrats on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah Boyd has reached a new low. He's not really trying to make her miserable, he does miss her and wants her back. Kerri however will not lead the life of a mistress, so yeah he's inserting himself into her life and Davis gave him that opening. He does have a pureblood on the way and that makes his mom happy. Because he did do as she asked, she's now willing to support him in some of his decisions.

      Hopefully with all these lawyers, Kerri won't have any problems keeping Davis. And thanks. Now for a wedding...but no staging so should be easier.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Gosh what a jerk. He needs to take a hike. That first pic of Sha made me wonder if she's pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, he shows back up and is in full jerk mode. LOL nope no more babies unless they have some once Davis moves out.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. I think Sha's right about Boyd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Boyd was a father with the other lady already.... but now it makes a bit more sense why he wants Davis, other than to keep Kerri in his life as well. They had a rough start and hard time of things because of his overbearing mother. Still, he should have been upfront, then who knows? Things may have been different. Good for gramma! haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...that was a hiccup with SP before the move from Bridgeport I was given a notice that he was expecting with Bellisma (which is why I moved her) something reset when I placed them in Moonlight Falls so I just went with it LOL

      They had a rough start, and had he been up front about things maybe they could have worked something out. He chose not to do that so they are stuck. She's pretty happy in her life with Sha so not sure if he can sway her away.

      Delete
  5. What the fuck, Boyd?? You can't just walk in after all, those years and just claim complete custody of the baby! I really hope the court cases go in her favour :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure as hell is gonna try. He can argue he was kept in the dark blah blah blah

      hopefully things do go in her favor.

      thanks for reading

      Delete