Saturday, May 3, 2014

Going Solo: Kerri 2.12



Davis was the apple of my eye, and Sha's as well. He was a sweet little boy and we really got into a routine with the parenting. Life was good, he was smart and picked up walking and talking rather quickly.



But he was also very stubborn and potty time was a bit more complicated. Both Sha and I doted on him often. Mom called to check on him. She talked about retiring, but surprisingly her career was picking up and the call of fame was too much to ignore.







She sent Davis toys and things from her travels and came by often. I tried to learn all I could about vampires. I needed to know about their dietary needs, if there were any strange things I needed to look out for. Being in Moonlight Falls was perfect since it was a mecca of different life states. His doctor assured me that Davis wouldn't need anything special as far as his diet was concerned until he reached childhood. I knew that was what I was told, but the fact that he would often bite Sha and I made me worry. Again the doctor said it was growing pains of sorts, him teething and being a normal toddler. Nothing to worry about. We took his word for it, but kept our fingers out of reach just to be safe.


I was still painting in my down time. Sha, being a techy girl, set me up a website gallery and I was doing well selling my pictures online. After Dad's passing, money was even less of an issue than before, but since I never looked at painting as a job, I created the art and let her worry about selling it.


My love for Sha as growing. Our relationship was going well and we worked great together. Our personalities meshed, and we really clicked. We were a happy family and often did things together like the festival. At times I felt like I was being followed and that was unsettling. I'd even caught a guy snapping shots while Sha and I were out one night.


I had hoped that I'd left the annoying paparazzi behind, but it looked like they'd found me. I wasn't going to let that dampen my spirits, their invasion into my life was something I'd been dealing with since childhood. The price of famous parents sadly. Other than that, my move to Moonlight Falls was proving to be the right choice. I was in love, I had an adorable son. I was happy.


"Boyd!?"

16 comments:

  1. This is a cool story!! I'm excited to see the vampire element thrown in! I feel bad for poor Ansley though, I was happy she and Lenny ended up together, till he cheated on her. Damn you SP!!! lol Davis is super adorable!! I wonder what will happen with Boyd now?!?!? I'd love to see him and Shasha meet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitch. I don't play much with the supernaturals, but in the spirit of the challenge I decided to tackle them and see what I can make into a story.

      Yeah...Ansley, she only wanted love and really thought Lenny was the one, but SP had different plans. :(

      Davis is a cutie, and looks a lot like his father. I'm going to work on writing up the next update today. He and Sha just might meet.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Whole update, happy... happy... happy.. then, WHAT???!!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL aww, sorry... I promise not to leave you guys hanging for long. I'm gonna work to get the next update out today.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Well crap, I just finished writing on the previous that I hope he's never in the area to sense the little tyke! And then I opened this update!

    UGH!!!
    Don't let him get his hands on little Davis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yep. He came looking for her. Let's hope she can send him away and he never learns about Davis.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Davis sure is a cutie and I always love a good cliffhanger ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lucky with the gene pool so far. I tried not to make it that long of a cliffy. :)

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Other side of the country, huh? There's no way he's gonna find out, huh?
    HUH?!

    That's what you put in the reply to my last comment, heh. ^.^
    Oh nuts, it's hit the fan now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....yeah well that's what she thought at the time. She didn't count on Boyd looking for her.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. The Paparazzi led him to her, I know it..... oh wow, this will be good.
    ... see Kerri? He loves you,,,, or is really ticked and you're in trouble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...he tracked her down one way or another. Let's see what he has to say

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. LOL, Boyd couldn't stay gone forever.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. :O Boyd! He found her :O I wonder if some paparazzi took a picture of her and the baby, published it and Boyd saw it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did find her. Next chapter should answer your questions about how.

      thanks for reading

      Delete