Friday, October 10, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.20


The next day I woke up still feeling excited about last night. When I'd texted Hope, she couldn't contain herself to just typing out messages. Instead she'd called me and I spent a good hour outside on the back porch talking to her. I thought she'd bust my eardrum when I told her he kissed me since she'd squealed so loudly. When I told her how I felt afterwards, she said it was the same thing she had with Caleb when they'd kissed for the first time that her whole world changed. It was still strange to hear her talk like that, but remembering how she looked when around him, I knew she didn't lie. It was crazy how much difference a day can make.

Cora: Good morning, honey.

Grace: Hey Mom.

She walked over and turned on the morning news before heading into the kitchen to start breakfast. She had the same routine every time I stayed over even though I told her it wasn't necessary. No one in the house really needed to eat human food, but she'd cook it anyway. Something about old habits dying hard.


Cora: You and Jonas seemed really close last night.
She glanced back at me giving me that 'mom' look and I felt my face heat up.

Grace: Mom, how did you know?

Cora: A mom just knows these things.


Grace: Not...that, but that Dad, in all his craziness, was the one for you?

Mom's face lit up and she got this dreamy look in her eye.

Cora: Well, hard to say exactly. I just knew that when I was around him I felt complete, like this part of me I didn't even know had been missing was suddenly there. That feeling is still there, even after all these years. When your father looks at me, I still get all excited and he makes me feel like I'm the only woman in the world.



I smiled listening to her talk. My parents were unconventional at times, but the one thing that was always clear was how much they loved each other. Even after being together for so long, that love was easily felt and seen at times as they still couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Grace: Well...

"In other news, local business owner and long time resident 
Jonas Solo was in a car accident last night. Police 
say it appears he was ran off the road, as he drove 
across the bridge on Cliff Road. This was the most violent act 
in an apparent recent string of harassment aimed at Mr. Solo..."

Cora: Oh my god!



I grabbed my phone and tried his number. No answer. I tried again. Still no answer. I looked over at Mom.

Cora: I'll call the hospital.

This wasn't happening. He had to be alright. He just had to be. My hands shook and I felt the tears already running down my cheeks as I waited on Mom to get off the phone. Dad walked back him with Vor as Mom was hanging up the phone.
Davis: What's going on?

Cora: The news said Jonas was in a car accident. She can't reach him...and he wasn't admitted to the hospital.


No! No! No! If he wasn't admitted that would mean...It felt as if all the air had been sucked out of my lungs.

Grace: I...I have to find him.

Davis: Grace...

My phone rang cutting him off. Jonas' name showed on the caller ID.
Grace: You're okay! Please say you're okay.


Jonas: Yes, why wouldn't I be?

Grace: The news...it...car accident...Mom said you weren't admitted so I...I...you're really okay?

Jonas: Yes, I promise you I'm fine. My car not so much, but I'm perfectly fine.

Grace: I'm coming to see you. I need to see for myself.


Jonas: You can't. The bridge leading to my house is not drivable. I'll come to you.

Grace: How can you come but I can't?

Jonas: I have wings.

I swear I could almost hear him smiling when he said that.When we hung up, both Mom and Dad were looking at me anxiously. I told him he was fine and would be over in a little while. Dad pulled me into a hug, comforting me like I was a little girl again. Hearing his voice was great, but I needed to see him, I needed to know for sure that he was okay. It felt like forever before Jonas showed up. I threw my arms around his neck and held on tight.



Grace: I was so scared.

Jonas: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you.

Grace: What happened? How in the world did you survive you car going over a bridge?

He smiled and then he seemingly disappeared right before me. All that remained was a little light, then he reappeared.


Jonas: We shrink.

I started laughing. In all the time I'd known him, he'd never done that. I wasn't sure what all went into being a Fairy but I was so happy now that they were able to do that cool trick.

Davis: I'm glad to see you're unharmed. My daughter has been through enough, she doesn't need to lose anyone else she cares about.

Jonas: Thank you. I plan on sticking around for as long as she'll have me.


He looked over and smiled at me and I got that same warming feeling. Maybe Hope was right, somehow Jonas had gone from being just my friend. We walked in and had a seat on the sofa. Mom went back to finishing up breakfast and Cater and Erin trickled out of their rooms.

Grace: The news said this was another attack or something. They think whoever messed up your store also was the one that tried to kill you? I mean that's a bit extreme.

A funny look crossed his face.
Jonas: Well, I didn't want to worry you, but there's been other things. Started right after you left for Hope's wedding.


Grace: What!

Jonas: Yeah, it was never anything big, mostly destruction of property. Until last night.

Grace: Why would anyone do that?

Jonas rubbed the back of his neck. He cut his eyes over at Dad then back at me.
Jonas: I...I suspect because of you.

Davis: Excuse me?



Jonas: Well, they keep repeating the same message, she's mine, and since Grace is the only woman I'm seeing...

The sound of a pan hitting the floor echoed loudly in the house. Mom looked worried and I'd only see that look on her face one time before.
Cora: Davis, it couldn't be him could it? The DA said we would be notified when or if he was ever up for release.

Dad was on his phone instantly, he didn't care that it was Sunday, he wanted answers. Carter and Erin were asking questions. Jonas seemed to be just as lost, but me...I was transported back to that night.

Davis: SON OF A BITCH! Three months, three fucking months he's been out and no one thought to call!


I jumped hearing Dad get angry. Three months, that meant I wasn't crazy. It had to be him, all those times I felt I was being watched. In town. At my house. MY HOUSE!

Jonas: Grace?

Davis: The old DA retired and apparently the new kid that took his place didn't get the memo on the required notifications.


Jonas: Grace, you said you felt like someone had been watching you...

Cora: What? When? Why didn't you tell us?

Carter: What's going on? Someone has been stalking Grace?

I sat in a daze. Just when I thought my life was on the path to finding normal, it was horribly veered off course again. He was out, he'd been watching me. When I didn't answer, Jonas spoke again.


Jonas: She called me in a panic the day you guys returned from Monte Vista, she thought someone was following her. Um, since then she said sometimes when she was in town she felt like she was being followed. Who is this person?

Dad sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. No one answered and I felt like all eyes were on me. I clasped my hands together in my lap, squeezing my fingers together tightly. I'd hoped I would never have to talk about that night again. I'd wanted to believe I could just forget about it and try to pretend it didn't happen. I'd lived my life trying to never think about it, I knew now I'd been lying to myself. Everyday since that night had been a side effect of what happened.


Grace: He...his name is Patrick Wilcox and...wh...when I was sixteen, he...he raped me.

Erin: Raped?! Did she say raped?!

Both Carter and Erin started asking questions that Mom tried to answer. They both wanted to know why they were never told. Dad explained that it wasn't something I liked talking about and it happened long before they came along so there wasn't any need to bring it up. Silence fell over the house. I kept my eyes focused on my hands, but I could feel Jonas staring at me. His hand covered mine, intertwining our fingers. I was vaguely aware of Mom ushering everyone out of the living room leaving only Jonas and me. I glanced at him briefly.


Jonas: I...I suspected you had some bad experience, an ex that cheated on you...something like that, but this...I don't even know what...

Grace: They don't exactly make a Hallmark card for this sort of thing. I...I thought about telling you, after your birthday, I wanted you to know I wasn't running from you, but from the dark, because that's when...but I don't like talking about it. I kept having to repeat the story over and over to the cops, and the DA and all I wanted was to hide and forget.

Jonas: I wish there was something more I could say. I do understand a lot more why your dad was, well is so protective.

Grace: Yeah, well he never liked the idea of us dating, but after, well I guess he was more over the top. I spent a lot of time at the library while Hope snuck off to dates. He worked there and he started talking to me about books and things. He seemed friendly and I guess you could say that I started to trust him. I wasn't the most outgoing person before, all of the people I hung out with were because of Hope, except him. After...I lived like a hermit. I didn't want to leave the house and being around people...

Jonas: You were scared of everyone?


I nodded.
Grace: First I was mad at Hope for being late. I didn't want to talk to her for a long time. Then I blamed myself. If I hadn't have talked to him, if I hadn't gotten in his car...so avoiding people seemed like the safer option. But now he's back...I knew one day he'd get out. I just never thought he'd come back here. He knows where I live.

That thought was most terrifying. The nights I'd been home alone, Vor's behavior made much more sense now. His barking at the front door. The way he slept in the doorway instead of in bed with me. He must have known he was out there. I think Vor being with me was the only reason he hadn't tried anything, that is unless he was waiting for something. I felt Jonas' hand on my face.


Jonas: I'm not going to let anything happen to you. We'll talk to the cops, let them know what's been happening. He's not going to hurt you ever again.

Jonas pressed his lips to my forehead and some of the anxiety I felt went away.

Grace: Can you control moods?

Jonas: What do you mean?

Grace: Well sometimes, like now, I can feel nervous or anxious and then you will say or do something and that feeling will lessen.

He smiled.
Jonas: Nope, think that's just my natural charming personality.

I smiled in return, feeling better about things. Mom and Dad came back out to join us. Dad had already been on the phone and we all were heading to the police station once I was ready.

15 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm so glad he's alright! I completely forgot that fairies can do that :D
    A the very least they should be able to get a restraining order, right? If they can prove that he's the one who attacked Jonas he'd go back to prison for attempted murder.. Surely this can be fixed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have Jonas be hurt again. That shrinking thing is a life saver (literally!) Well, they can't prove who did it. Yes Patrick is out, but neither Grace nor Jonas have actually seen him. :( If they can prove he's the one behind the attacks, then yes he'll be sent back to prison.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Yes I always figured that creep was Patrick! Oh, poor poor Gracie, only having her fears confirmed that creep is really there. I am glad Jonas used those wings : ) I knew he would! Grace was so happy to see him again they're so close to getting together. So close! Hopefully something can be done get him in prison for attempting murder of Jonas? Or maybe for vandalism. Or maybe Davis, Jonas, and Carter, and maybe Caleb can all take turns kicking Patrick's butt. Then again it might be more justice if a woman kicked him into nothing come on Cora get out the brass knuckles! Can't wait to see what's next. Great chapter as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured most of you guys suspected it was him. I aged his sim and gave him gray hair (prison is rough on people) but it was him looking in her windows. Since he was only seen once before, it was hard to remember who he was. I'll let you in on a little secret, he's a paparazzi in game and him showing up at her house was a total accident. They linger about all the time thanks to the celeb thing. When I saw him, I had to work it in some how.

      If they can prove it was him, then yes he'd go back to prison for the attempt on Jonas life and the vandalism. Or....we can let the men in her life just beat the crap out of him hahahaha I'm sure they would love to have a go at him. And Cora...she proved she has a mean streak when she was ready to go after Peyton for slapping Hope. hahahaha

      working on next chapter today.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Yay Jonas! Use those wings! He's so laid back.
    'Yup someone ran me off the road, but hey, I can shrink!" lol

    I too had thought the stalker was her former attacker. Good thing she's surrounded by powerful supernatural people! Perhaps Caleb can be hired to track him down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep he put them to use. He really didn't want to worry her and probably wouldn't have told her just like he didn't tell her the about the vandalism.

      Yep, he's out and came back for Grace. She is surrounded by powerful people and Davis would love to get his hand on him again. This time I don't think he'd be left breathing. Caleb could offer some assistance, but being a cop in another jurisdiction will make it hard. I'm sure he'll try to help where he can since he doesn't like threats against his family.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Thank Heavens Jonas is a fairy! I forgot they could do that but damn that came in handy just about that time.

    Oh Gracie has it so bad for Jonas and I think she is starting to realize that. I loved the little chat she had with her mother and than she sounded like a young girl for the first time in love talking to her sister on the phone. Its a good feeling and one she will never forget. It's just too bad all of this happiness that she finally deserved to have was short lived. She was so worried when you thought something happened in the car accident and when she talked to him on the phone she had to see with her own eyes that he was ok. Wont be long now they just have to take care of one problem.

    Davis was livid and I don't blame him, the legal system is not only corrupt at times but incompetent. She should have been notified immediately. Davis was so right those son of a bitches.

    Poor Jonas didn't expect this. He expected something bad but not this, so glad that he is standing by her. At least things will start to make sense to him now, with her being afraid of the dark and the trust issues.

    Caleb would sooooo love to be the arresting officer. Slap the cuffs, fasten them real tight and than read him his rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that little trick did come in handy! He wouldn't have survived that drop otherwise. :(

      Yeah Gracie does have it bad for him, she just didn't know it. Staring in the face of losing him was a real eye opener for her. She's coming around and recognizing things within herself that is reflected in how she sees her parents and her sister. In some ways she has been emotionally stunted when it comes to things like that so she is very much a young girl in that aspect. She closed herself off to the prospect of relationships and such for a long time so now being confronted with it makes her question things. It's great she has a close relationship with Cora and Hope. She trusts them and knows they would never steer her wrong.

      Davis...yeah he was just a tad pissed. They were supposed to be notified when he was up for release and someone dropped the ball big time. Because of the nature of the crime and the fact that she was a minor at the time, she was supposed to be made aware. Davis is ready for heads to roll.

      Nope, he didn't. He even said he hadn't considered it to be something so bad. He wouldn't be Jonas if he wasn't still going to stand by her, and a lot of her behaviors and things make a lot more sense now. At this point I'm sure he's considering himself lucky that she even allowed him in on any level.

      LOL well can't be the arresting officer since it's not his jurisdiction, but he would love to help put Patrick behind bars I'm sure. He is a man that takes his family very seriously and even though he's new to the Gruber clan, he cares for Grace and her well being and this will not sit well with him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. I was guessing something like this... I hope they'll be brought back to where he belongs and stays there forever.
    At least Jonas knows now what Grace's problem is.
    Haha that was a great remark of Piazza Girl "Caleb would sooooo love to be the arresting officer..." I agree fully! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention about that funny picture with the two teens sitting at the table.
      This is a really funny one, like lots going on in the family and the teen waking up, still in his funny pijamas, living in a totally different world! :D

      Delete
    2. If they can find him, Patrick will go away for a long time. If he makes it that far. If Davis finds him first then he may not escape with his life.

      LOL yeah. They were just there doing their own thing. Part of what was going on, but being teens all the same.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I knew it was him damn bastard. I hope they can lock him back up and put him with the general prison population after all rapist usually get what's coming to them. I am glad Jonas was able to shrink...I hadn't thought of that. I am glad Vor has sensed something and is protecting grace. I can't wait to see where their relationship goes. I wonder if Davis will handle things legally or take matters with Grace's attacker into his own hands. Great update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! He's the only one that would have a grudge against Jonas for any reason. He's a bit off his rocker.

      LOL I'm sure he wasn't in gen pop the first time being a child rapist and all, he wouldn't have survived long. Vor did sense something, but Grace ignored it. Now everyone knows what's going on, she'll have a lot more people looking out for her. Davis...well if he finds Patrick first, there won't be a Patrick for the cops to deal with.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. She handled that better than I thought she would actually.
    I was a bit worried there about that accident. Shrinking is something we should all be able to do. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did. Being with Jonas has given her strength. She's grown stronger and a bit more confident. She also trusts Jonas, so telling him was easier to do because of how she feels about him and about herself now.

      LOL shrinking would be helpful for lots of reasons. I couldn't let Jonas be harmed. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete