Saturday, October 25, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.26


Two years Jonas and I had been married and life was great. Jonas decided to just move into my house since he knew I loved it here. With him there, I finally got around to those cosmetic fixes I'd been putting off because I didn't want people in and out of my house. The living room and kitchen got major make-overs as did my, well our, bedroom.




It now felt more gender neutral and it allowed us a chance to make it more ours instead of just mine. Jonas even built me a small greenhouse in the corner of my lot, and Wilson gave us the cutest fairy cottage as a wedding gift.




We spent lots of time together, I helped him maintain the community garden and still helped out at the store from time to time.


We had a great life. The only thing missing was a child. We'd not been doing anything to prevent us getting pregnant for the last year and so far we'd not had any luck. Jonas tried to keep me from being too upset by saying trying was the fun part. I knew it would happen for us eventually, but each month that passed made me feel more inadequate. He finally agreed to go with me to the doctor, I wanted to make sure everything was okay. If I knew that, then I'd be okay with having to just wait for it to happen. The day of the appointment I was fine, Jonas decided he'd get checked as well.


The nurse called back two days later with the results. We both showed everything to be within normal range. She suggested I better track my fertile days, change my diet, and maybe take some herbal supplements, things like that, but otherwise it was just a waiting game. That news did make me feel better and Jonas took great pleasure in giving me an I told you so. Having that worry off the table did ease some of my stress.


Jonas thought we should just enjoy each other when we wanted and wait for nature to take it's course. His calm, and positive attitude about the situation put me at ease so I agreed. I did do some research on various vitamins and things that were supposed to help, but decided against them. We were both young, and hand plenty of time, I had faith it would happen eventually. Another year passed and it was still just the two of us, well three with Vor being included.


Vor, my loyal companion wasn't as young as he used to be. It was a hard fact to acknowledge, but I knew my time with him was limited. I knew we had a few more good years, I just didn't know how many, but we planned to spoil him for as long as he was around.

Today was Love Day, and our anniversary. Jonas said he had a special date planned for us. When we arrived at the park, I couldn't help but smile.


"I thought it would be nice to revisit our first date."

"It was very sneaky of you to trick me into coming on a date back then."

"Yes, it was, but I really wanted to spend my birthday with you."

We climbed into the balloon where he had champagne and strawberries waiting. Being back in that moment, I could feel how romantic a setting it was and couldn't believe I'd missed that before.


It was an amazing ride, even if we didn't check out much of the scenery.


A little over a month later Jonas was happily humming in the kitchen as he prepared his delicious pancakes. Mine just never seemed to taste as good and he wouldn't tell me his secret. Joking that it gave me a reason to keep him around.


The second I walked out of the room, my nose was assaulted by a strong odor that sent me running for the bathroom.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just woke up feeling a bit queasy."


"Why don't you go back to bed and I'll bring breakfast to you."

"No, I'm good."

Only I wasn't. Jonas had to open all the windows to get the smell out of the house. I spent the rest of the day in bed. The next day was the same thing. Just moving made my stomach turn. By the third day, Jonas was concerned and called Mom to come check on me.


"Oh, honey you look terrible," she said taking a seat beside me.

"Thanks Mom."

"When's the last time you ate?"

"A few days ago. Nothing will stay down."

"Any other symptoms? Headache? Body ache? Fever?" I shook my head. She smiled again. "You and Jonas have been trying to conceive right? I nodded. "Well, you could be suffering from an extreme case of morning sickness. Have you taken a test?"


I shook my head. "I hadn't had a reason to, I'm not late."

She sent Jonas to the store for an over the counter test just to be sure. Getting me out of bed and to the bathroom to take it was a chore since moving made the room spin and my stomach lurch. Three minutes later my world changed again. The test was positive. If I hadn't felt so much like crap, I would have been more excited, but I only wanted to get back in bed. The rough days I had experienced were only the beginning. I couldn't eat.


Water barely wanted to stay down. Vor didn't want to leave my side and the day I collapsed trying to get out of bed his barks alerted Jonas who was out in the garden tending my plants since I couldn't. Jonas called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital and admitted. I stayed there for nearly a week due to dehydration and malnutrition. Jonas looked like he'd aged 20 years with worry and refused to go home while I was there. Carter kept Vor for us and the longest Jonas would be away was to get something to eat.


The first four months of the pregnancy I thought I was dying, I felt so bad. Sleeping was the only time I felt relief so I slept a lot. When I talked to Hope, she said her pregnancy was pretty easy with Trevor, Mom said she had a little morning sickness, but nothing like I was experiencing. Leave it up to me to have the worst of it. Wind sent me some sort of tea that would help curve the nausea. Jonas just kept apologizing and promised to never get me pregnant again. Around month six I could be up for short periods of time. I'd go outside, work a little on my plants, or sit and talk to Jonas while he tended the garden.


I just needed to be outside letting the sun hit my face, I hated being cooped up indoors. As the pregnancy progressed the doctors said I was doing fine and the baby was doing fine. When we went for the ultrasound, Peanut didn't want to cooperate, so we still didn't know if it was a boy or girl. We didn't care as long as the baby was healthy.





Jonas waited on me hand and foot. Back-rubs, foot massages, crazy midnight cravings for fried peanut butter sandwiches. No matter what it was, he took care of it. He loved the idea of becoming a father. Mom and Erin decorated the nursery for us.



I picked out things online and had them shipped to the house since I was still on bedrest. We went for a jungle theme since we both loved the outdoors so much. We had just sat down to dinner when my contractions started.


I was still about 4 weeks early, but by the time Jonas got us to the hospital I was too far gone to stop it. Twelve hours later we welcomed Matthew Wilson Solo into the world.

**A/N**
So Grace is still only level 7 of her career. To move from level 7 to level 8 required like $14K in profits. She still has $2K or so to sell to make that move. This is with her selling at the consignment store and with the LTR Suave Seller (think that's it). She spends nearly all day gardening every other day since I won't let Jonas help.

Family shots
Yes, sadly poor Vor is now an elder. I'd already extended the adult dog age by a few days last time he was close, but I didn't this time. :(


Hope and Caleb's son in my game aged up to a child. Darell McIntyre


Carter and his now ex-fiance have a son named Mikel who looks mostly like his mother and appears to be human.


As seen in the last update, both Carter and Erin are YA now and available on my mediafire. Carter has CC hair that may not transfer and his shirt is also CC. I think the rest of his clothes are EA things, various store or EP things. Same for Erin, her formal wear hair is CC as is the jewelry and such she wears (shown in the wedding). Her eyebrows are also CC. 

Carter Gruber traits: loves the heat, athletic, eccentric, disciplined, and family-oriented.




Erin Gruber traits: adventurous, ambitious, loner, over-emotional, and good



16 comments:

  1. Oh dear. What a rough pregnancy....Um WHERE ARE PICTURES OF THE BABY?? You're killing me smalls!

    I like how his middle name is Wilson though, Very sweet ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( yeah it wasn't easy on her. Those pesky magical babies LOL Sorry about not posting a shot of him, but he was just a pod. There are plenty pics of him coming up in the next chapter and I gave you a sneak peak on the thread after he aged up. :)

      Yes I took a page from PG's thinking and named him after the important men in Grace's life. Since Trevor has Davis as a middle name (and I don't want 2 Davis heirs) Grace went with Matthew instead and Wilson of course for granting the approval to allow her to be a fairy.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. How sweet of Jonas to relive their first date for the anniversary. Such a romantic and this time that ride in the balloon turned out very different.

    Oh I remember those morning sickness days. I couldn't smell anything without turned completely green but she had a really bad pregnancy. My cousin was like that and was hospitalized for dyhydration. Poor Jonas was blaming himself while she was so sick. But eventually it passed even though she was high risk and on bedrest and they welcomed a healthy baby boy. Such a happy day for both of them and for the whole family.

    I think we are all going to miss Vor, its so difficult to lose a family pet like that because they are part of the family. I know Grace is going to be beside herself when it happens.

    Can't wait to see little Matthew grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah it turned out very different. It was fun to have Grace see that moment through different eyes. Boy have times changed. She's come a long way thanks to that handsome fairy.

      Grace had it bad. :( 2 of 4 of my pregnancies had terrible morning sickness. Nothing like Grace had, but still bad. Jonas, he hated seeing her so sick! And being the kind soul he is he promised to never put her through that again. She wanted a child and the suffering was a means to an end. She got a healthy, adorable baby boy she is going to spoil rotten. Well when he's at her place that is, with Cora having a grandbaby in the same town Grace is gonna have to make an appointment to see him. LOL

      I think when Vor goes, it's gonna be rough. :( I'm not looking forward to that. He's the first pet I've actually played. She taught him trick, was always talking to him and such. He really was part of the family.

      I'm looking forward to watching him grow too.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Aww, that was so sweet with Jonas having them relive the first date. She sure has come a long way. :)

    Poor Grace! Nothing ever comes easy to her, does it? To have such bad morning sickness and worry if the pregnancy is going to stick with being so ill and hospitalized isn't easy. And poor Jonas so worried about her. At least they got through it and got a beautiful, healthy baby. :)

    Oh gosh! I'll miss Vor when he goes. That is not going to be pretty. :( They become part of the family and when they go, something is missing for a long time. Trust me, I know. We've had to make the "Ultimate Decision" for several of our dogs and it about kills me every time. :(

    Can't wait to see Matthew grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas is a real romantic and he wanted to take her back to that moment. She has come a long way since that first day, even having some public woo-hoo LOL

      I know right, poor girl. First she couldn't conceive right away and when she did it was a rough start. :( Jonas was worried, he did not want to lose another wife and hated being helpless. They did make it through and got an adorable son.

      I'm dreading the day the grim comes for him. :( It's gonna be hard on Grace I know. We lost 2 of our pets last year, it wasn't easy. :(

      I'm looking forward to that as well.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Wow, she had it rough!

    Can't help but laugh at Jonas promising to never make her pregnant again. Aww, honey, YOU WILL! EVEN IF I HAVE TO MAKE YOU!! I want more Jonace Babies. Lol, look at me, haven't seen the first one yet and already demanding more!

    Haha, Loving these two together!
    Vor... :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I know. Little Matt kicked her butt.

      LOL Jonas yeah...he doesn't want to see her go through that again ever. I will give him the message that he has to produce more babies for you LOL not sure if he'll agree, but I'll let him know.

      I love them too! They are a great couple and moving on to the next gen is gonna be hard.

      Yeah Vor :( will be sad

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Yay they had their baby! It will be exciting to see those pictures in the next chapter. Can't wait to see the baby's story unfold :) Sad about Vor being an elder dog and knowing his life is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a rough pregnancy but in the end they got a healthy baby boy. Hopefully the game gives me decent traits to work with.

      I'm gonna miss Vor when his time is up. :( It will be a sad time in the family.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I love the makeover and the fact that she became a fairy ^^ Sort of figured something would happen, I know she's not immortal but at least she's going to live a long time(I forgot to comment about that, I was caught up in reading lol). I can't wait to see the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I actually gave both her and Jonas the age freeze potion so they will be around forever. LOL I just love them too much to let them go. :( She did make a very pretty fairy and I thought it was only fitting since her sister became a vampire. I couldn't leave her human after that.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Wow what a crumby pregnancy! At least the end result was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, poor Grace had it hard. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Great update again and beautiful name for the baby. I can't wait to check the next update for the pictures of the child!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry that a picture of Matthew wasn't in this one. Glad you enjoyed seeing them as married couple. I felt bad making the pregnancy so hard on Grace.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete