Friday, October 17, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.22


The next few days were hell but I was thankful Jonas stayed with me. We kept having to talk to the police they wanted to know everything, even what happened before. I didn't understand why they couldn't get that information some other way. They wouldn't let Jonas be with me, saying they needed to hear our stories separately, but they at least let Mom be with me.

Patrick had survived his wounds and was under arrest for a long list of things. Attempted murder, vandalism, auto theft, and felon in possession of a fire arm. They couldn't prove he'd been stalking me, but with the other crimes he'd be in jail for a long time. We were waiting to see if he would take some plea deal to avoid a trial or if we'd have to testify. The DA had talked to Jonas since he was the main victim about the deal they were offering. Twenty years to be served straight, no option for parole or early release. Basically they were only going after him for the attempted murder from the car accident and taking the other crimes off the table.


Jonas had asked if I wanted to go with him to the office that day, but I declined. The reporters and such were always around. Not much crime happened in Barnacle Bay and I had the misfortune of being involved in both of the major events.


I didn't want to leave the house and spent most of my time in the basement away from windows. He told me about it when he got back and said he would agree only if I was comfortable with the idea. I didn't want to see Patrick ever again so avoiding a trial was important to me. Luckily two weeks later the DA informed Jonas the plea deal had been accepted.


It was the best news ever, no trial, he would be a very old man by the time he was released and the reporters finally moved on. Just in time too since Hope had delivered a healthy baby boy they named Trevor Davis McIntyre.



Mom and Dad wanted to go see him, but didn't want to leave me until everything was over. Now they could go focus on her and their first grandbaby for a little while. I wanted to meet him, but Hope understood the stress of everything meant I needed time to let life settle back down for a bit. She sent plenty of pictures and he was adorable. I'd not seen him in person, but I was in love with that little boy already.

With everything settling down, I knew Jonas would be moving back to his house soon. There was no longer any reason for him to stay with me since there was no longer a threat. Neither of us had talked about it, but I knew it was coming, and the thought of that made me a little sad. Now that I didn't need a babysitter any longer, Jonas would leave me home when he went to work. I was getting better at preserving and my jams and jellies were big sellers. I had just finished up a batch when a soft voice spoke.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Jonas."


I jumped at the sound of her voice. I turned to see a pretty blonde fairy. She had the most beautiful teal wings and the same friendly smile Jonas always had.

"He...he's not here. Ca...can I help you?"

"You must be Grace. It's nice to finally meet you."

"How...how do you know who I am?"

"I'm Wind, my grandson has told me all about you. You are just as lovely has he says."


"You're his grandmother? Wow..."

"We age gracefully."

I felt my face heat up. "So...sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude."

"No worries. Is he here?"

"No, how..."

"He told me he had been staying with you, but he greatly downplayed the reason behind it. Imagine my surprise to learn all that's transpired here."


Feelings of regret hit me again when I thought about everything Jonas had gone through because of me. "I'm so sorry, I never meant for him to be targeted and put in danger."

She just smiled and nodded. Jonas had told me about his family, but I never thought about meeting them. Clearly he didn't know she was coming or surely he would have warned me. Now we stood out in the cold since I didn't really know what to say to her.

"Would you like to go inside?"

"Yes, thank you."


Vor met us at the door and immediately sniffed the stranger. He must have sensed she was friendly because he never growled once. I made us some tea after sending Jonas a text to let him know he had a visitor.

"Jonas tells me your family are vampires, yet you're human. Are you adopted?" she asked casually, before taking a sip of her tea.

I choked a bit on mine at her question. "No ma'am. My mother was human when she had us. My sister and I were born human. They both changed on their wedding nights."

"How romantic. Don't you want to be like them?"


"My dad would love it. He doesn't like the idea of me dying one day. Neither does my mother, or anyone in my family really. I've been thinking about it, but..."

"You aren't sure that's the life you want?" I shook my head. "I've had my fair share of loss. Having a long life span has it's ups and downs. I can understand your family not wanting to lose you. It would devastate them and considering how Jonas feels about you, it's going to do the same to him." She gave me a motherly smile as she took another drink of her tea.

I started to reply, but Vor started barking signalling Jonas' arrival.

"Grandmother, I was not expecting you."


"Well you've left some important details out when we talked. You had to know I'd come once I learned about everything." The tone of her voice was very maternal. It was odd, considering Jonas' actual age and the fact they both looked so young, knowing she was his grandmother was a hard concept to wrap my head around.

"I didn't want to worry you."

"It's my job to worry."


She gave him a loving kiss on the cheek and I set about cleaning up the tea service while they talked. It was strange meeting someone from his family. He'd met all of mine, so I'm not sure why it never dawned on me to assume at some point I'd meet his as well.
 
"Before you arrived Grace and I were discussing her life-state and her options."

"She doesn't want to be a vampire. At least that's been her decision so far."


"I take it then you haven't given her a second option."

I wasn't trying to eaves-drop on their conversation, but since only a half-wall separated my living room and kitchen I couldn't help but hear. Second option? There was no other option.

"There isn't one." His voice sounded tense.


"Jonas, I know you weren't happy with the council's decision before, but you know the circumstances were different then. Times have changed."

I stepped around the corner feeling more confused than ever. "Jonas what is she talking about?"


He looked at me then back at his grandmother. "We should discuss this at home."

"No, I'm going home. You are staying here since you clearly have some things to discuss with this lovely woman. Come see me tomorrow."


She gave us both hugs and then was gone in an instant. I was sick to my stomach. She talked as if he'd been hiding things from me. Lying to me. Why would he do that?
 
"What second option?"

He turned to look at me. "I think it's time I told you about my wife."

**A/N**

Thank you Vuneca for the use of another one of your characters. For those of you that don't read her story, Wind Solo was the generation 5 heir and is the current matriarch of the Solo clan and Jonas' actual grandmother.

The pictures of Trevor and the happy parents are courtesy of Piazzagirl's blog. You can see more shots of the cute little tike over there.

LTW update
currently she has 8 perfect plants planted, but not all fully grown so she hasn't gotten credit for completion yet.
Plants:
Grape, lettuce, plasma fruit, watermelon, tomato, basil, apple and carrot.

She's only still level 6 in her career. I've started selling at the consignment shop so hopefully she'll start to have a larger take for her produce.

14 comments:

  1. I can understand Grace and Jonas being happy with the plea deal seeing as though Patrick will never see the light of day for the next 20 years. Now they can live in peace and hopefully together. I love the fact that she doesn't want Jonas to leave :)

    It was so good to see Wind showing up and Grace got to know her a bit over tea. I love that tea set and that was the perfect opportunity to use it. All this talk about lifestate tells me we are going to have a very good update next time. Davis is pushing her to be a vampire because he doesn't want to lose her, but I know what that other option is and I am wondering what her reaction will be to that and her reaction to finding out about his former wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas would have sat through a trial if Grace wanted her day in court, but she rather never see Patrick again so it worked out well. Maybe someone in the prison will 'take care of' Patrick and he'll never get out alive.

      She's enjoyed having him around and was sad at the idea of him leaving. Of course she wouldn't come right out and ask him to stay, but he doesn't want to leave so he's waiting on her to kick him out.

      Wind was bound to show up once she learned about everything. Jonas didn't think word would reach her, but it did. Jonas has used it a bunch when he's not needed for pictures, but that was the first time I'd actually directed Grace to use it. It did come in handy for that talk as Wind was gently probing into Grace's life.

      Davis is pushing the vamp thing. Especially when Patrick was a threat. He's backed off a little now, but he still doesn't like the idea of her dying. We'll learn her reaction to learning she has another option tomorrow. She's known Jonas was married before, but he'd never talked about the circumstances surrounding her death. Grace didn't push the issue, just like he never pushed her issues. They respected each other's privacy that way. Her big 'secret' was revealed and so it's time for him to be forthcoming.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Oh my! This was quite the update. :) I'm thinking Grace and Jonas should be happy with the plea deal because it will keep Patrick away from them. They won't be in danger and they can have their happy life without the ghost of his presence invading it.

    Aww, it was so nice to see Wind. I've always liked her, and of course, you know how I feel about Jonas. Like PG, I know what that second option is, and I'm wondering how Grace will take it. She's going to have a lot to think about when Jonas tells her about his former wife. I'm sure they'll work it out though and Grace will come to the right decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are happy with the plea deal. Grace really didn't want to go to trial so this worked out great for her.

      Wind had to come check on her grandson. She's a kind soul and only wants her family to be happy. Jonas has talked to her about Grace so Wind thought it was time to meet the woman that has captured her grandson's heart. They'll have the talk about his former wife tomorrow and we'll get to see how she reacts to finding out everything. Like I told PG, Grace knew he was married and that she died, but that's all he's told her. Grace will make her decision on what to do after she's fully informed.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Yayy another Grace update!!!! Looks like "orange is the new black" for Patrick - again! Well deserved!

    What's the second option? Turning her into a farie. Looks like everyone got it but me uh oh... lol

    Gosh Jonas integrated so well in here that I forgot completely that he comes from Vuneca's story. I loved the idea of including Wind as well (actually I miss Vuneca's updates... I hope she'll be able to transfer her site soon!)
    Well.. I don't even had to say that I love your story... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah it looks that way for him. He won't be getting out anytime soon.

      Yes that would be the second option. Grace had asked them during that conversation in the park the first time she actually sat and talked to him, if humans could be turned and he'd told her no. Let's just say he wasn't entirely truthful on that and now he's about to explain.

      Aww, well that's a good thing he added in seamlessly. :) Wind has lost a lot of family, so knowing her family was at risk, she had to come check things out. I miss Vuneca's updates too. Hoping they'll be back soon as well. :)

      Thanks! I'm enjoying writing it.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. confused? about her options? Earlier Jonas made it seems like humans couldn't become fairies, she's about to learn that's not the case.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Ooh, how interesting! It sounds like she's got a very interesting choice to make! You could say... Lifechanging! :D She'd make a beautiful fairy :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does. Now that she has more than one option to consider she has a lot to think about. Either way, it will be a very life changing decision.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah! I'm pretty sure my characters look a lot better in your story than they do mine! Haha. I am so glad you gave Jonas another chance to live. I can't wait to see how the convo goes about his wife. :-(

    I loved seeing the tea set. I don't have it but I have been eyeing it forever! I'm glad Wind stopped by and and brought up the other option.

    I bet Grace is very relieved to no have to go to court and face that terrible man! She's gone through enough with out having to go through a trial as well.

    PS I loved Vor in the background playing.So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept Wind the same, other than her formal wear. Whatever you had her dressed in didn't come through on my game, she was wearing um that beige pregnant lady dress. I've enjoyed playing Jonas. Thank you again for allowing me to give him a second life. :D Hopefully you'll approve of how I worked his history.

      That was the first time I'd used the tea set. Jonas does it on his own all the time, but it was time for Grace to make use of it in her nice sun porch. It was time for Wind to come once she learned about everything. And she's dropping hints about Grace having more than one option on her lifestate.

      Grace was very relieved! Facing Patrick again was something she was dreading.

      LOL Vor is a great dog and is always playing.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Um, I hope he means wife in past tense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, in the chapter that first showed his POV he mentioned his wife dying. Jonas is a widower. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete