Sunday, October 19, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.24


My head was pounding when I opened my eyes. I looked around. I was at home. How did I get home? I swung my legs over the side of my bed. I stood and stretched. I felt like I was floating. I was floating! I'm floating!

"JONAS!"

Both he and Vor appeared in my doorway.

"You're up! I've been so worried, you've been out for two days."

"Yes I'm up, as in my feet won't touch the floor how do I make it stop?!"


He started laughing. "Um..." he floated for a minute then landed. "...think down."

I did as he said and felt my feet touch the ground.

"This will be a learning experience for us both. My grandmother has been talking to my great-grandfather. Neither of us expected you to pass out like that. It scared us both. How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts and my back itches, but other than that fine. And learning experience?"


"Yeah, it's been about a century or so since the last human was approved to become a fairy. The previous council leader wasn't very keen on handing out approvals. I'm going to be your teacher I guess. Oh, and your parents were here. Please let them know you're okay, your father has put me back on his shit list."

I could only imagine how Dad had been acting since he said I'd been out for two days. I looked at my clothes and hoped that Mom changed me.

"I'll call them, but first I want to see."

I walked into the bathroom and looked at my reflection. They were yellow. Bright and beautiful like sunshine. I had wings! I was something different. Being with Jonas my life had changed and evolved and now my body had. I was like a butterfly, I'd lived in a cocoon for for a very long time and finally had emerged into the being I think I was meant to be. I felt the same for the most part other than a tickling sensation radiating from my back. I hoped that would go away eventually.


"They match your aura of kindness."

"My aura?"

"Yes, as a fairy, you can tell a person's aura, their, um...their true inner being. When you look a person, you can see a glow around them."

I looked at him and noticed a glowing white light around him. It was strange. "Yours match as well. What does it mean?"


"Pure of heart."

I smiled. It was very fitting for him. "So every time you looked at me you saw a yellow glow."

He nodded. It was strange, but I liked it.

"Your grandmother's are teal. What does that color mean?"

"They're more blue than teal, but the blue-ish family means wisdom."

There was so much to learn, and understand, but I had time. I smiled at that thought, I had lots of time now. My stomach growled reminding me it hadn't had food in two days. Jonas went to fix me something to eat while I called my parents who were relieved to hear I was up. Dad told me he was going to bury Jonas in the hills if I hadn't woken up soon. I was happy to removed the bounty from his head. I promised to come by to visit. My next call was to Hope. I had Jonas take a picture of the new me, so she could see. Wind came by to check on me. She was waiting on me to wake up before heading back to Hidden Springs. Jonas promised to bring me soon so I could meet the rest of his family which sadly only consisted of his great-grandfather.



Jonas stayed with me and helped me get used to the new me. I enjoyed being a fairy. He wasn't lying when he said they were good with plants. My plants seemed to grow bigger and faster. It was amazing. He still hadn't moved back to his house. We'd settled into a routine of being roommates. He still slept in the spare room. We had breakfast and dinner together each day. Would watch TV or just sit and talk until we were ready for bed.

Snowflake day arrived and I was excited. Hope and Caleb were coming and I'd finally get to meet Trevor. So much had gone on that I'd never got to go out and visit them. I couldn't wait to see my nephew in person for the first time.



Carter greeted us at the door. He was the spitting image of Dad. He was doing well at college and Erin was in her final year of high school. Dad had eased up on the dating thing, for which she was grateful.

"Gracie!!!" Hope, yelled rushing towards me. She hugged me tight. It had been so long since we'd seen each other last.


"I've missed you."

"Same here. Let me see!" She turned me so that my back was to her. "Those are so cool. So..." she lowered her voice a bit... "Mom says Jonas is living with you. How's that going? I can't believe you didn't call and tell me!"


"You knew he was there. What are you talking about, not telling you?"

"Yeah, but that was because of that asshole. He's stayed...so that means things are...different."
She winked at me and I picked up on her meaning. I looked around for Jonas, but he and Dad were both missing.

"Hope! No...he...no we haven't...he sleeps in the other room."

She frowned "Seriously?"

"Yes."

She started to say something but Caleb walked over and gave me a big hug.


"If I had known you were gonna be here soon, I would have saved that diaper for you."

"I'll get the next one, but right now I want to officially meet my nephew."

Trevor was even more adorable in person. He had Caleb's eyes and Mom's hair. He was a happy baby, full of giggles, but had really sharp teeth. I learned quickly it was not okay to have my fingers anywhere around his mouth.



It was still hard to believe my sister was a mother, but looking at her face when she looked at Trevor, I'd never seen her look so fulfilled. After dinner, we all opened gifts. Trevor of course got tons of stuff he didn't need. Mom and Dad were going to have to pay a fortune to ship it all to Aurora Skies. Jonas had been acting strange since he and Dad came back from outside earlier. He seemed nervous which I thought was odd considering Dad had eased off his protective dad role since everything with Patrick.

"Grace, I have one more gift for you."


He pulled me off the couch over to the center of the room. Dad walked over and gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug before going to stand with Mom. The moment Jonas started to get down on one knee Hope let out a squeal startling Jonas and making him drop the box.



"Grace, I don't think I ever told you thank you for allowing me into your life. I have been grateful for everyday that I've had with you. I can no longer imagine a life that doesn't include you in it. Your parents have given me their blessing, and you know that winning over your father was no easy feat." He paused and looked over at Dad who gave a small nod of approval. "Grace Mariah Gruber, would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?"



I looked around at my family. Everyone smiling, supporting us. Me. This day started out like every other and morphed into one of those moments in my life that I didn't expect. I looked down at Jonas, I couldn't imagine my life without him either.

"Yes!"




He slid the ring on my finger and just like that I was engaged. Engaged! Me! I couldn't believe it. Everyone was excited and giving hugs and officially welcoming Jonas to the family. My earlier conversation with Hope replayed in my head. Dread settled in my stomach. I'd never thought about having sex with Jonas. He never pushed anything more than kissing. Getting married would change that. I grabbed Hope's arm and pulled her outside.

"I can't do it!"

"Do what?"


"Earlier, when you asked about...you know. I...I don't think I can and if I marry him then he'll expect it."

"Gracie, it will be okay. If he's been with you this long and you two don't even sleep in the same room, I doubt he's gonna turn into some sex crazed man overnight. Jonas is a good guy and he's letting you set the pace on things. When you're ready, you'll know. Until then just enjoy this moment. You need to get back in there and spend time with you hunky new fiancé."

She pulled me back inside and the first thing I saw was Jonas' smiling face. She was right, of course. Jonas hadn't even tried to move rooms, I knew in my heart that he would never push that issue with me. But I also knew that he probably wasn't expecting to spend a his life being celibate either.

**A/N**
Thanks Piazzagirl for sending me Trevor. Grace appreciated getting to meet her nephew finally.


17 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great update. :) I love Grace's wings and loved the bits about the auras. It was also great to see Hope and Caleb bringing Trevor out for a visit, and my heart went to mush when Jonas proposed. So much happened in this update. I'm so glad Grace is finally getting the happiness she deserves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! It was full of goodness. The aura thing I'll just have to remember for future fairies. Need to write my color codes down. LOL

      Grace wanted to meet her nephew and what better time than Snowflake day and Hope was happy to be there for that important moment in her sister's life. The proposal took her by surprise. She hadn't thought that far in advance about their relationship. Grace is finally getting the happy life she's wanted.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. I love everyone coming over for christmas, and her family is such a big one, too!! It's nice seeing them all together :3

    And EEEEP!! Bring on the babies!! But first I wanna see the wedding, it'll be beautiful :3

    I like her yellow wings and the shape of them, they suit her really well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family has grown. Luckily Cora and Davis have stopped making babies, for now at least. I wanted Hope and Caleb to be there for Grace's moment. They didn't know, but I did and besides families spend holidays together.

      LOL the babies...they need to get married first, but yes there will be a baby (unless the game throws me a curve ball like with Davis)

      The yellow fit her and I liked those butterfly wings best when I tried them out. They now have a long life ahead of them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Those yellow wings suit her well. : ) Delilah is honored to have made her the potion. I also liked how reworked Jonas's back-story to fit this universe. That was very well put. Can't wait to see the wedding. Beautiful proposal! Also they'll have one adorable fairy baby. Unless of course the Vamp gene skips right over to the baby. (I've had that happen a few times in my games.) The aura with the wings is interesting. Grace is going to love the bloom interaction with the plants I know it. Also glad Gracie got to meet her nephew on the holidays! Now bring on that wedding and that baby. These are very wonderful updates : ). It should be smooth sailing from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the color worked well for her. Deliah is very helpful and she should be receiving her invite to the wedding. :) Thank you. I wanted to keep some of Jonas' history just had to scramble a few things since I brought him back from the dead. Vuneca created a great backstory with politics and Fae rules in her story.

      We should have the wedding next weekend if I can get my game to cooperate. Then it will be time for the long awaited baby. But wow...did not know the gene can skip like that. Thanks for the heads up.

      The aura thing, I was trying to give some reason to the colors, let's hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot with that one. We'll see how it plays out.

      How does that bloom thing work? Is it on harvestables or on only flowers and such? Right now her only option is to talk to the plants under her fairy interactions. Grace had been wanting to meet him, but so much had happened she'd not been able to get to Aurora Skies. Hope solved that by coming home for the holiday and good thing too, she got to be there for her sister's big moment.

      Yep should be smooth sailing now...

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I have had occult states skip a generation in my games. Delilah will be happy to attend! Bloom works once you get to level 5 in your fairy powers. I have been able to bring plants back from the dead and make them go to next growth state. My 100 baby challenge mother is a fairy with her own little garden... I barely make Contessa Jane Ralston >_> leave the house. That bloom interaction comes in handy with me. So Grace needs to practice that magic. Once she's there I am sure she'll be loving that interaction that I am sure.

      Delete
  4. I don't have to tell you that Hope wasn't the only one who let out a squeal when he got down on one knee. It might have been me that made him drop the box and not Hope! I was in heaven reading this and I can not wait for the wedding. And OMG he asked Davis for his blessing, what a gentleman and a sweetheart Jonas is.

    I really liked how you compared her before to a butterfly, before she was so introverted when she was in her safe little cocoon and now that she is a changed woman she feels free enough to spread her wings and fly. I really like the auras and how they colors and characteristics fit each character well.

    Gruber family is so very close and you are writting just like a real family. Families do come together on special holidays and it was very sweet to see.

    Ok bring on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL oh that was you that scared Jonas...got it. I think you and Hope competed for that honor. Jonas did indeed ask for Grace's hand and Davis gave his blessing. :) Jonas wasn't kidding when he said it took a lot to win Davis over, but being willing to take a bullet for his daughter won Jonas mega brownie points. LOL

      Grace has gone through quite the transformation. She went from a shy, scared, introvert, to a person who learned to be a bit more trusting and allowed some of the outside world in. Jonas had a major impact on her life, little by little, and she has become a new person because of his love and attention. I told Shafer I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot with that. I just have to remember what I wrote and come up with other color codes.

      They are a close family, even when they don't get along (Grace and Hope had a rough patch after the rape) but it all works out in the end. Gonna work on the wedding and hopefully it will be ready on Friday.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Wow, I hope Patrick has an untimely death and that you do a chapter on that hehe...he is a wicked man. I am so happy that Grace and Jonas have come to this point in their relationship. I wondered if there was a way for her to be a fairy like Jonas and am super happy that worked out for her. I loved this update and am glad to see each of the family members being so happy. I wonder though how it will go now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL not sure if I'll show that if he has one. I try to keep the rating on this blog strictly PG-13.

      It was time. It took a while, but all good things come to those that wait, and boy did Jonas wait! LOL It's not as easy to become a fairy, but there was a way. Jonas didn't mention it before because of his history, but grandma Wind took care of that problem for him.

      things should be fairly smooth sailing from here on out. I need to focus on finishing Grace's LTW and career to complete her gen.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I love the butterfly analogy, fit her perfect. Yellow like the sun is just perfect for her, good choice! I like the added bit about the auras, I may have to use that in my Soloverse. If you list them out, send them to me! (haha Wind the Wise, who would've thought?)

    I am so happy fo them. Great proposal! I look fwd to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Wind is very wise :) She's been around for a long time and has learned a lot in life.

      I'm glad you guys liked the aura. I will try to come up with some base colors and will post them so you guys can see. If you have any ideas feel free to share. :)

      The butterfly thing did fit her. Thanks to Jonas she has changed and evolved in a way she never imagined for herself. She has truly become a different person/being thanks to him. :) Hopefully I can get the wedding finished.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Go Gracie! She's finally taking back her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas has been very instrumental in this new her. She's always had the support of her family, but he gave her a little something extra that made her want more out of life. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Here I am again, catching up on your beautiful story. Better late than never lol
    I love the wings Grace got, fits her well. She looks very happy, and she deserves this happiness more than anyone ever in this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for catching up and thanks for the compliment! The story isn't going anywhere and we know you've been busy with work and such.

      The yellow looks great on her and being a fairy does seem to fit her well. She and Jonas are an adorable couple and I just love them together!

      thanks for reading

      Delete