Sunday, October 12, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.21


My life had been once again thrown off balance. Mom and Dad both wanted me to move back in with them. Neither of them like the idea of me living so far way from people should Patrick try and make a move. They had faith in Vor's ability to protect me, but he wasn't enough. Jonas agreed with them as did Hope when Mom called to let her know what was going on. She was ready to fly home, but Mom advised against it. Being a cop and a former PI Caleb offered what assistance he could. He said he'd make a few phone calls. Barnacle Bay wasn't that big so there were only so many places he could be hiding.

The most frustrating part was they couldn't do anything about the stalking. Since I'd not actually seen Patrick, I couldn't say for sure if it was him or not. He'd need to be caught in the act somehow. I was supposed to just sit around and wait for him to attack me or something before they'd grant me a restraining order. Dad was pissed and started making comments about wishing he hadn't let him live. Mom had to drag him out of the station or risk him being arrested. The whole thing was upsetting. I'd already been the cause of so much discord in the house when it happened, now history was repeating itself. Dad again started pushing for me to be turned, saying I could better protect myself. 


One the upside, if you could call it that, he did have an arrest warrant out for his attempt on Jonas' life. The stolen truck he'd used to run Jonas off the road was found abandoned in the next town over. He had tried to clean all his finger prints, but missed one, so they had a strong case against him. I didn't care what he went to jail for as long as he was off the streets and no longer a threat to me or Jonas.

There was a knock on my door.
Jonas: Breakfast is ready.

I smiled at the sound of his voice. When I refused to leave my home, Jonas insisted on staying with me until Patrick was found. Dad wasn't particularly fond of that idea, but Mom reminded him the decision was up to me, she just didn't want me alone. The idea of living in the same house as him was scary. I didn't worry he'd try anything, but the thought of sharing a space with someone that wasn't family freaked me out just a little. I didn't want to sleep on the couch at my parents house indefinitely nor did I want Dad and Carter camping out in my yard.


Grace: The pancakes smell good. Thank you for cooking. Again. You're going to spoil me having breakfast ready every morning.

Jonas: You deserve to be spoiled.

He pulled out my chair and waited for me to take a seat. The first three days, it took some getting used to having him around, I freaked out the first morning I heard him moving around. I'd forgotten he was here. Now I liked having him around. Vor was a great listener, but it was nice to have responses to my questions sometimes.


Since he wasn't really needed at his store, he modified his hours so that he wasn't gone long. I had a full time babysitter as he'd take me into town with him and I would either stay around the store and help with inventory or bagging groceries or I'd go visit with my parents. Jonas joked he'd have to put me on the payroll since I'd even started learning how to use the register. I didn't mind helping since he's life had been altered because of me.

Grace: How am I ever going to repay you?

Jonas: I'll let you cook dinner.
He smiled and I just started crying.

Jonas: No need to cry, I'll cook dinner.


I started laughing through the tears.
Grace: I'm sorry, about all of this.

Jonas: None of this is your fault. You have nothing to be sorry about.

Grace: But you were nearly killed, and the expense this has cost you because of the damage. Not to mention I'm sure you'd rather sleep in your own room that has to be way more comfy than the little spare bed.

Jonas: Cars, windows, and comfortable beds, those can all be replaced. You, however, cannot. I would sleep on a bed of rocks if it meant keeping you safe. I love you Grace, and I'm not going to let anyone hurt you ever again.


Jonas didn't push for more information that day, he took what little I shared and left it at that. I could tell he was angry, he had the same jaw tick Dad got when he was angry, not to mention he was ready to help Dad 'deal' with Patrick when we left the station. I waited on him to walk away. I mean who wanted to deal with a person like me, especially when dealing with me now put his life at risk, but he didn't. He stayed with me. Wanted to protect me. I thought about what Hope and Mom said about being with that person. How your world just feels right when they're by your side. I looked down into his violet eyes and just felt right. The way he looked at me, the way I felt when with him. In this moment I finally understood everything Mom and Hope had been telling me.

Grace: I love you too.

That warm smile he always had spread across his face. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. He'd not done it since the night on the beach. My heart sped up, my knees felt weak, and my stomach did flips just like the first time.


Jonas: Crap! I'm sorry, I didn't ask first.

Grace: You don't have too.

Jonas: You say that now, but when I'm trying to kiss you all day you might change your mind.

Grace: Guess we'll have to wait and see.


After breakfast he gave me time to take care of my plants before we headed into town. It was only supposed to be a short trip, but Carol's daughter got sick so she had to leave early. That left only Jonas and me at the store, luckily it wasn't busy. After closing, Jonas wanted to go by his house to check the mail and just make sure his windows were still in tact. The bridge was was not drivable, so we had to park on the side of the rode and walk across. Technically we weren't supposed to be on it, but since only one side was damaged Jonas felt it was fairly safe.


The night I showed up I didn't really pay attention to the place, but now I looked around while he gathered a few more items to take back with us. The house was large, I think my little cottage could have easily fit in his living room alone.


I wandered into the kitchen. The room was huge, I could just imagine all the family get togethers his family might have hosted over the years. No way he was really okay staying at my small place. It was plenty big for me, but from the looks of things, Jonas was used to much more luxurious surroundings. I stopped in my tracks when I reentered the living room.


Patrick: You don't know how long I've waited for this moment. Thinking about you, and our night together is what got me through the years. Imagine my surprise to come back only to find out you've been cheating on me with that...that fairy!

A lump had formed in my throat and my heartbeat sped up. He was older, rougher looking, scarier. He stepped closer to me, but I couldn't make my feet move. Just like that night, I was frozen with fear. Unable to scream. Unable to fight. Unable to run.


Patrick: I tried to be subtle, but he just wouldn't go away! Pesky little thing. Hell, even sending him over a thousand foot drop didn't kill the bastard. That was surprising, but...
he reached behind his back to pull out a gun
...this should do the trick. I wanna see him dodge a bullet.

Jonas: Okay, Grace we're all...

Jonas stopped talking when he saw me.

Patrick: Welcome to the party!


Jonas looked over at me in an attempt to silently communicate that things would be alright. Patrick turned, putting the gun in Jonas' face.

Patrick: DON'T DO THAT! DON'T LOOK AT MY GIRL!

Grace: Don't hurt him!

I cried out rushing forward only to stop when he turned the gun at me. Jonas was gone then in front of me in an instant.

Patrick: What...how....get away from her!


Jonas: Can't do that. I made a promise to her that I fully intend to keep.

Patrick: And what would that be?

Jonas: That I would not let you put your filthy hands on her ever again.

Jonas moved so that he was standing directly in front of me. He didn't seem the least bit afraid. How was he not scared? I was completely terrified that he would kill both of us. Patrick's face contorted into an angry scowl and he rammed the barrel of the gun right up to Jonas' forehead.





Patrick: She told you about us did she? She enjoyed it, the whole rape story was just a cover up, a story to tell her parents. But I knew the truth.

he looked over at me
...I forgive you, and once this guy is out of the way, you can make up for those lost years.

Grace: Jonas...
My hands clenched his arm.

Jonas: It's okay.

Patrick: I don't know how you survived that crash, but I doubt you'll survive a bullet to the brain!


A sinister smile curled on his lips.
Patrick: I was going to just kill you and take Grace, but...instead I think I'll make you watch while we have a reunion first. She was shapely then, but boy she's filled out nicely.

He looked over at me and licked his lips and winked. I felt the bile rise up in my throat. Jonas took that moment to make a move. He lunged forward taking Patrick by surprise. They wrestled for control of the gun.

Jonas: GRACE RUN!

It was dark out. He had no neighbors. I didn't know where to go.
Grace: I...I

Jonas: GO NOW!!!

I made my feet move and ran for the front door. I hadn't gotten far when I heard the loud bang of a gunshot pierce through the night.


I stopped and stared back at the house. Without thinking, I ran back. When I got to the door I collided with a body. Arms grabbed me and I started screaming and pushing trying to get free.

Jonas: Grace....it's me. It's me.

His voice broke through. I looked up, it was him. He was okay. His arms wrapped around me as I started crying.

Jonas: I told you to run. Why did you come back?

Grace: The shot...I...I couldn't leave you.


Jonas: Grace...

I could tell from the tone of his voice he was scolding my decision. True, it probably wasn't the wisest decision since I didn't know what I would have done against Patrick, but I just knew I couldn't leave with the possibility of Jonas being hurt or worse. My body began to tremble when my actions became clear. My arms tightened around him when I thought about how he'd protected me.

The cops were called and I waited until after they'd arrived before I called my parents. I knew that Dad would have finished the job Jonas started where Patrick was concerned. He wasn't dead, but he was wounded pretty badly. There were questions and people and chaos, but Jonas never left my side, even when the cops tried to separate us he refused to leave my side.

15 comments:

  1. Finally he got caught again! I just hope now that he won't get his freedom again, for he really doens't deserve it.
    I can imagine, Davis wouldn't miss to have the job done this time!
    I hope Grace and Jonas can have the happiness they deserve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did. He is facing some pretty serious crimes so it's unlikely he'll be let out again.

      Nope, if given the chance, Davis would have rid the world of Patrick! Grace knew to wait and call them after the cops arrived, he didn't want her father getting in trouble.

      Should me smooth-ish sailing from here. Gotta work on completing that LTW and her career now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. You seem to have me saying the same thing again after one of your updates. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! What a great update and although I don't have the right in the world to say this, thank you for no cliff hanger here :)

    In the first part you were so right about Grace not being able to do anything until patrick made a move first. So many women who know they are in danger but are basically sitting ducks waiting for the moment when the stalker strikes with sometimes tragic results. I can't tell you how many times I picked up a paper just to read something like that.

    Jonas and Grace finally together after all of that, so happy to see that and she actually told him that she loved him. I think you might have heard me screaming Yes! Yes! Yes!

    But of course Patrick had to come around and ruin it all. I knew he would be seeing him soon but I was really surprised to see him at Jonas' house confronting her there. I was sitting on the edge of my seat when he held the gun to Jonas' head and he couldn't shrink himself because Grace stood behind him. Thank Heavens she was able to run away. I knew Jonas would protect her with his own life and I don't have to tell you that I loved him playing the hero. This was an epic update.

    Well now that Jonas has taken the trash out, let the romance continue.

    Also wanted to tell you I loved that shot where Grace was running away, the scenery and the sky is beautiful. Well Barnacle Bay just made it to the top 5 on the next world list due to that shot alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing I meant to say, Grace has more strength inside of her than even she knows, when she heard the shot she forgot her fear and ran back to Jonas, fully aware that Patrick was there.

      Delete
    2. I don't leave cliffhangers on purpose. LOL Last weekend if my game hadn't been giving me fits, then I would have put out chapter 20. I'm glad you enjoyed this one though. I think it has to be the most action packed one yet.

      Yeah, it's sad but true. I watch a lot of cop dramas and that's always the line the victim is given as to why they can't do more to help. :(

      I think I did hear those screams of excitement! LOL She was a little slow to figure out things, she wanted to be sure since she is terrified of making another bad choice, but there was no denying she's in love with that man. Sadly yes he had to come ruin things. He needed to be dealt with. Since the accident he's been laying low, but still watching from afar. He has been staking out Jonas' place waiting to knock him off, he just didn't expect to have Grace there as well. It was perfect for him, or so he thought. Jonas was willing to risk his life to save hers. He meant it when he said he wouldn't let him near her again, even if he had to die while protecting her. Not that I'd kill him off. :) He needed her out of the house, so it was good she did manage to overcome her fear and run although she came right back. LOL Jonas wasn't all that happy she returned, but when she feared he might be hurt she wanted to get back to him. Didn't stop to think about facing Patrick, she only needed to get to the man she loved.

      Glad you liked that shot. I do have a lighting mod in game so your sky might not look the same. I also have a mod to add more stars because EA is lacking with those LOL.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!

    It is so sweet to see Jonas and Grace together. He is so patient and wonderful to her.

    I almost spilled coffee all over myself when I saw Patrick standing there. He's lucky to be alive. I hope he goes away for good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you approve of my version of Jonas! He is a very sweet and caring guy and I wanted to highlight that fact. Now to finish off her career and LTW so they can live happily ever after.

      Didn't mean to make you burn yourself. Spilling coffee would have been bad. He is lucky to be alive, the gun shot was an accident (of sorts) with them wrestling over the gun. Jonas probably thought about finishing him off, but he's not the murdering type so he just left him badly wounded. He should go away for a very long time, if he survives his wounds.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Oh man! This update had my heart racing big time. So many emotions Grace was feeling here. She finally told Jonas she loved him, which was wonderful. Been waiting for that for a long time now. :) And then when Patrick showed up...OMG!

    Like PG said, Grace has more courage than she realized. When it came down to it, she couldn't leave Jonas there after hearing the shot, no matter that Patrick was still there. I sure hope that guy doesn't ever see the light of day.

    I can only imagine what Davis would have done if he'd gotten his hands on Patrick. I don't think there'd be much left of him, that's for sure.

    Can't wait to see the next part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I packed a lot in this chapter. She finally expressed how she felt since she finally realized how she felt. :)

      She couldn't leave Jonas, not when she thought he might be hurt. She's waited a long time to find someone, she never thought it would happen, so she wanted to go get her man. Next chapter will discuss his sentence.

      There wouldn't need to be a sentence if Davis had gotten ahold of him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Awww, she finally admitted she loves him! That was such a sweet a moment and a kiss in the moment <3 so sweet and tender moment. Then Patrick had to waltz in and ruin it! I would say I hope he dies of his wounds but the thought of his ghost coming back to haunt Grace is to scary of thought. Then again maybe old Grimmy will put him in the fiery gates of the underworld ... If he didn't die I hope he's in prison for life and never see sunlight again. That was pretty brave of Grace running back to Jonas fully knowing Patrick was there. But she had to make sure her love is okay. <3 Wonderful and exciting update. Can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took her a while, but she finally realized and admitted her feelings for him. He's waited a long time to hear her express how she feels and it made his day!

      Patrick...we had to get a conclusion for him, so that meant he'd be coming back at some point. Hopefully he'll receive a long sentence and won't be able to hurt Grace or Jonas ever again. It was very brave of her to go back. She didn't stop to think about her actions, she just acted (something she never does). She refused to leave Jonas behind thinking he was injured or worse.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I hope he gets put away for a very long time. Or worse for forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, he needs to never get out again! Grace needs that peace of mind.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Holy futz! That scared the poop outta me when Patrick showed up outta nowhere in that living room. So that's where the bastard had been staying. Sonofa...

    Yeah, I agree with Davis. Kill him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scared the crap out of her as well. He's been staking out Jonas' place biding his time so he could take care of him once and for all.

      Davis would have killed him given the chance and Grace knew that.

      thanks for reading

      Delete