Friday, October 18, 2013

Going Solo: Gen. 1.4


Stuff was still breaking and I began thinking it was time to look for a better place. I had been promoted from Key Grip to Alan Stanley's personal assistant. That job came with a nice bonus and pay raise. If I was lucky, I would be able to find a nice one bedroom place that wasn't going to be crazy high in rent.


I got a call from Stella who was in tears one day. She and Richie were getting divorced, she'd caught him cheating. I felt so bad for her and knew the exact thing she needed for a pick me up. She got a sitter for the night and we had a nice girls night out.



Mom had her birthday, and I have to say she aged up well. I'm so glad she has great genes, it gives me hope for when I get old. Her birthday happened to fall on leisure day and my boss was throwing a pool party. Alan was old and geeky, but you don't turn down party invites from your boss. I asked if my mom could come as well and he agreed.





It was a nice day of sunning by the pool. He lived in the gated community with the stars and I was dreaming about being on this side of the bridge one day. Alan kept asking me questions about my mom, which I thought was odd, but I answered them anyway. When I left, she stayed behind talking to him. If I didn't know better, I'd say mom was flirting with my boss.


When I got home I called Devin, but he was again too busy to come by so I broke down and sent Lenny a text. I was lonely and feeling a little frisky. He responded almost instantly and came right over. Devin and I weren't exclusive and since he seemed to be busy often, I figured I was in the clear to see other people. After we finished having our fun, I mentioned to Lenny that he might want to rethink his look. Afterall this town was all about the look and he needed to fit the part better. He wasn't so sure, but said he would think about it.


My job as a personal assistant was going well. I got paid to go to clubs to hand out movie flyers and Alan trusted me with a small interview with one of the up and coming stars that was going to appear in his next film. I couldn't ask for a better life.


Devin even called me finally and asked me to come over. My job working with Alan meant I didn't see him as often. I had seen him cozied up a few times with one of the new extras. I tried not to get jealous, after all I was seeing Lenny on occasion, but now I knew why he was possibly to busy to see me. I went to see him even though I knew ahead of time what he really wanted. I didn't mind, casual wasn't such a bad thing.


Mom called me and asked me to meet her at the overlook. She had news to tell me. When I got there she started out in her best mom voice about how much she loved me and such, I thought she was going to say she was dying or something. Turns out she'd been dating Alan and not just dating but DATING as in she was pregnant. I was floored! He did seem happier around the office and now I knew why, he'd been getting busy with my mom. EWWW! Of course I didn't say that o her, I was happy for her. She needed love and she seemed very happy. I just hoped things worked out and my job wouldn't suffer from a romance gone wrong. They didn't have any plans to marry right now, but she was moving in with him. Mom had made it to the other side of the bridge!

***Ansley is still a 3 star celebrity and is a personal assistant (level 4). Slowly she is working her way up the acting latter. SP really did pair up Alan and Jenni and she is expecting another baby.***

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes I love how SP does things! I think it added a some great depth to your story. Are you using the MOD or is it EA's SP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love SP it makes for an interesting town. I use the mod by nraas it's more lively to me than the EA one and I like getting the notifications as to what's happening.

      Delete
  2. Heh, Alan you sly fox! Looks like she's getting a sibling! Also...I don't think Devin is the one heh, not that he seems the type to settle down any ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah. The fun times thanks to SP. Devin is 'busy' a lot so he may not be the one for her. He rather be a playboy right now than settle down.

      Delete
  3. LOL! Mama having a kid with her boss. Yep, gotta love SP. :)

    I worry about her, Devin, and Lenny. I think she really likes Devin and is using Lenny as a way to heal the hurt of knowing that Devin's seeing other women. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, SP always keeps things interesting.

      She is figuring things out. Devin was her 'first' so he's special. She is using Lenny for the attention she doesn't get from Devin. Things could get messy depending on how it all plays out.

      Delete
  4. Well her Mom has made a few life changes, huh? haha... lucky for her.... she may have from life more than she ever imagined now.... Maybe Ansley will find the right thing or focus on her career and forget Devin, or just continue to play the field.... I hope she doesn't have any regrets come to bite her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep gotta love SP :D Always throwing curveballs. Ansley is trying to climb the ladder, but she has a bit of a weakness for Devin. Hopefully he won't side track her too much.

      Delete
  5. I love the 'Mum made it to the other side of the bridge' comment, it sounds like something that could be the 'thing' in Bridgeport :P Status by which side of the bridge you live on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for Ansley. The other side of the bridge is where all the rich people live and where she wants to be. It is the status symbol she's after.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Well now, I was right now to particularly care for Devin, granted she's not innocent either. I'm glad that her mom found love, shocked she made it across the bridge before her though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...he's a no strings attached kinda guy. Mom did find love, with her boss, but she found it. Mom is moving up in the world

      thanks for reading

      Delete