Saturday, October 12, 2013

Going Solo-Gen1.


My name is Ansley Gruber (as far as I know). I grew up in the small town of Twinbrook. All my life, it was just my mother and I. I never knew my father, my mom left him when I was just a toddler.  When I got older I asked her about him but all she would ever say was that he was a mean man. Not only was he mean, but he also was apparently an important guy.



My mom was technically a criminal you see. Because of his connections, she didn't win custody of me in the divorce so on the day she was supposed to turn me over to him she ran instead. Because she was wanted by the authorities, we lived on the outskirts of town renting a house from a 'friend' for very low rent. Turns out that friend was part of a network for battered women.




Mom didn't work so she gardened and painted to make ends meet. I never had new clothes, they were always second hand things bought from thrift shops. At first I resented my mom for making us live like that. I wanted what the other kids had, the fashionable clothes, a car, you know the normal things, but that wasn't what I got.




What I did have was love. My mom risked everything for me and made sure I always had things before she did. She taught me to paint and I would sell my simple art work at the local flea market like she did. School was rough, I struggled to make good grades even with mom helping me. It didn't matter about school however, I wouldn't need good grades for what I wanted to do in life.


I joined the drama club in high school and feel in love with acting. My dream in life was to be a Superstar Actor. So after graduation I packed up my meager belongings and moved from the small town of Twinbrook to the big city of Bridgeport.


Mom was a small town girl, but I was everything to her so she moved with me. She found a nice small house to rent. Her painting were doing better and she had starting writing some how-to books on gardening that were very profitable for her. She said she didn't need much, so she gave me the money I needed to rent a small studio apartment in town. My name is Ansley Gruber, and I'm gonna be a star!


***A/N***
Jenni and Ansley were sims I used in a short challenge (that I completed!!!) called the Run away wife challenge. I decided to move Ansley over to start this Going Solo Challenge. I know I'm notorious for not completing challenges but this one is meant to take a super long time. It will help with my boredom that I get from playing one family for too long.

14 comments:

  1. Great back story! Your sims are beautiful, esp the eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The story was from the original challenge where Ansley was featured. And thanks, Jenni was a random sim that came up in CAS that I tweaked Ansley was a combo of her and a random male sim that came up in CAS so I could 'play with genetics' that way she would have features from both of her parents. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh a going solo challenge! I like the start of it! I like her goals too, good to aim high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm going to try this. It will take a long, LONG time since I'm supposed to got through all the LTW and careers. Since she was poor growing up, she wants fame and money!

      Delete
  3. Your founder is so pretty!!
    I love her spirit, hehe, can't wait to see how she did in life (presumably well since I don't think you've failed a generation so far - could be wrong though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Since I had them and they hadn't been used much for the previous challenge I gave them new life in this one. Each gen so far has been different from the one before it and no as of right now I haven't failed one yet. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. I'm curious who her father is, and just what she's going to find in Bridgeport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry we never met her father. Sorry. But her adventures in Bridgeport should be fun.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. I really Liked the first chapter of your going solo story great job !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you enjoy reading the rest.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. That's really sad that her mom had to become a fugitive of sorts, but it's good that her and Ashley seem to not be too adversely affected by it. Other than having to live poor, they seem to be happy otherwise. Love is a good thing to have, and Ashley's mom is brave for risking what she did so Ashley could grow up with a loving parent.

    The going solo challenge has always intrigued me because I think it would be a great way to explore everything Sims has to offer when you play through all the lifetime wishes and careers. Maybe someday I'll attempt it myself when I have less on my plate. Are you still finding it fun? Just based off your author's note. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I meant Ansley. I wrote that last night when I was sleepy. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Yes coming up against a powerful man, her mom decided running was the best option. Times were tough finacially, but they had each other and Jenni made sure Ansley was loved.

      The challenge is fun and as I've played I've gotten more attached to the family. :) The group is fun and very friendly as well so that helps in the enjoyment of the playing. I'm learning new things about sims I would have overlooked in my normal way of storytelling. If you join up, be sure to pop into the thread to let us know. We like getting new people. I am stil finding it fun and currently I'm in gen. 5 which is the furthest I've ever gotten in a legacy. :) Um just a note since I realized you're reading on the old blog, the story has moved to it's own place. http://aslifegoeslegacy.blogspot.com/ You're fine to comment here until about gen. 4 which is when I moved midway through. All the chapters and links to them are found at the new place as well.

      Thanks for reading and no biggie on the name. :)

      Delete
    3. Ahh cool, thank you for letting me know about the thread, and the new blog.

      Delete