Friday, October 25, 2013

Going Solo: Gen 1.7


It was a cold and rainy Spooky Day as I headed to the hospital. Once I was settled into my room, I called Matt to tell him I was in labor. I didn't expect him to show up, but much to my surprise he did. He stayed with me the whole time and was there when our daughter was born. I named her Kerrington, Kerri for short, and she was beautiful. Matt thought the name was too much, but I said she needed to have strong and unique name. He couldn't argue too much since he wasn't putting his name on the birth certificate.


The evening we were released, Matt took us home and stayed for a little while playing with his daughter. He said he didn't want to be involved, but I think our little Kerri was going to change his mind. Being a mom was hard! I don't know how my mom did this.




Kerri was a good baby, but when she was mad she was MAD and made sure I knew it. I don't think I slept for more than 3 hours at a time. Mom came over to visit her granddaughter and brought this life saver also known as a swing! Man that thing was great and Kerri loved being in it. Life was going well until Stella called to tell me I was in the tabloids again. Some stupid nurse at the hospital had told the paparazzi I had a child and there was no name on the birth certificate indicating a father. So to go along with my naughty cheater reputation, I was also apparently disgraced for having a child out of wedlock. Seriously people this isn't the dark ages anymore. Women have babies every day without being married! This was the side of fame I didn't like. People could just make up stories about you and get paid for it. I hadn't left the house since I had Kerri, so once I got over my shock of having Lenny call me, I was happy to accept his invitation to come over.




I hired a sitter since mom was busy with Graham. He was learning to walk and was getting into everything. I did not look forward to those days with Kerri. When I got to Lenny's I remembered how much I enjoyed his company. He apologized for blowing up at me at work. He said he was projecting his own guilt on to me and shouldn't have done that. We talked a little about Kerri and he complimented me on how good I looked. Aside from that one outburst, Lenny was always nice to me and I missed that. Especially since I hadn't heard from Devin in ages, and Matt hadn't been back to see Kerri since the day we got home.


Eventually I fell into a routine with Kerri and things started to get easier. One thing that was starting to annoy me was the stupid tabloids. After the story came out that I had a child, there would be paparazzi staked out in front of the house. Finally having had enough, I decided to sue the nurse and the hospital for slander. I am happy to say that I won the lawsuit. It netted me $5383 but I had to pay $1053 in legal fees. I didn't mind, I just hoped this would get those vultures off my back!

***Nothing to report on Ansley's career or celebrity points. But I have included a bonus shot of her little brother Graham***


8 comments:

  1. No! Not the out of wedlock thing, Marilyn had to deal with that too! Looks like she made some money out of it in the end heh! Kerri is a good name and I have a feeling that Matt will warm to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Well Ansley and Marilyn have something in common there. :P I wonder why the men aren' slandered for knocking them up! DOUBLE STANDARDS I TELL YA!

      on the upside she did win a nice sum of cash, so guess it worked out ok. Glad you like the name, Ansley wanted something 'fancy' and she just may warm up her daddy's heart!

      Delete
  2. Graham is so adorable!!!! I am such a sucker for dark hair. *L*

    It was nice of Matthew to assist Ansley like he did. Then off he goes to his own life. Well, Ansley played with fire too, and still is it seems....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah he is kinda cute. That dark hair gets you huh? :)

      yeah Matt will throw money at her so she will keep quiet about him being the father. Yeah she still likes her 'company' Lenny isn't too bad of a guy I guess.

      Delete
  3. Short chapter! I think it's sweet how Matt came over, but apparently, he got enough dose of baby. :(
    Karri is a cute name as long as she doesn't go crazy and stuff, but it's not spelled like that Carrie so we're probably good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it depends on what I can think up based on the pictures I take. The downside to playing first and doing the story afterwards.

      Nope the story I have in mind for Kerri makes her a very mild child. No craziness coming from her. :)

      Delete
  4. It was nice of Matthew to be with her while she was in labour. I wonder if little adorable Kerri might change his mind about how involved he is in raising her? Even if they don't tell anyone that he's the father he could still be over a lot as a friend and, once Kerri is old enough, they could tell her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was shocked to see him show up when I sent her to have the baby. I wasn't sure if he would or not, but he was a good daddy and didn't want to miss the birth of his first child.

      They will work out how to tell Kerri when she gets older.

      thanks for reading

      Delete