Sunday, October 20, 2013

Going Solo: Gen 1.6


I was still getting sick so I finally went to the market to get a home pregnancy test. After the first one, I took a few more because I really wanted the outcome to be different. But they weren't, there on the screen of the little stick was the word PREGNANT.


I couldn't be pregnant, I was getting somewhere in my career, I was on the way to making a name for myself. I couldn't have a kid now! How did this happen? I mean I know how it happens, but HOW did it happen to me? The next question I had to ask myself was who was the father. It could be a choice of three possible people. Matt Hamming, Devin Ashton, or Lenny Shutter.


Devin was not very excited about the possibility of being a father. He was apparently dating Sugar Bijou and apparently things were getting serious with her. I sent Lenny a text, but we hadn't talked much since his blow up outside the studio. When he finally did call me back, he said he would help me out if the kid was his, but he was doubtful he was the father given my 'loose' nature. When I told Matt, he was nice enough. He said he'd set me up in a nice house and give me a monthly allowance as long as I didn't publicly name him as the father.


Mom wasn't very excited about my news, even less when I told her I wasn't 100% sure on who the father was. After she finished lecturing me, she did offer to let me stay with her and Alan. Raising a child alone was hard work, and she wanted to help. Once I hit a certain point in my pregnancy I headed to my doctor's appointment to get the paternity test.


48 hours later it was determined that Matt was indeed the father. I was excited, because of the three options, he was the best one to support me and my baby. I remember what it was like to grow up poor and I didn't want that for my child. Sure my career would eventually take off, but why struggle when I didn't have to? The doctor asked me if I wanted to know the sex of the baby while I was there and I told her no. I was secretly hoping for a girl, but wanted it to be a surprise on D-Day. Feeling good about myself, I headed over to see Matt.



He took the news rather well and said he would work on getting me moved soon. After I left there, I headed over to see mom. She had her baby, and I now had a new brother, Graham. Mom was less than thrilled when I told her about the arrangement I had with Matt but I reminded her it was my life to live.



I know she doesn't want me hurt, but I am an adult and can make my own choices. While I was there, I did spend some time with Graham.



He was so tiny and I couldn't believe I was going to have one of these of my own soon. As my due date approached, the studio gave me paid time off and I was so grateful. It gave me time to get settled into my new place, and boy was it a nice place. I had made it to the other side of the bridge!


I never expected so much, but seeing the house made me even happier Matt turned out to be the dad. Matt stopped by shortly after I moved in to make sure I was all settled in. I asked him how involved he planned on being in our child's life to which he quickly answered as little as possible.




He was here for financial support and nothing more. The pregnancy hormones had me in tears hearing that and of course he had to comfort me. Telling me I was special because I was the mother of his only child, but also letting me know that this kind of news would hurt his career. A few weeks later, I went into labor.



**So Ansley is still at level 5 in her career due to the time off for the pregnancy. I really wish they'd let the sim work while pregnant. I'm sure I can find a mod for that. And she's still only a 4 star celebrity. Also the game actually named Jenni's son Feisal and I promptly changed that to something I could pronounce. ***

12 comments:

  1. "Also the game actually named Jenni's son Feisal and I promptly changed that to something I could pronounce. "
    This made me laugh! I've never had that name come up. Do you have a naming MOD?

    It's got to be weird having a brother and a child nearly the same age. Such drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope no naming mods. I have no clue where EA pulled that name from LOL

      It is weird having them the same age. I'm going to see how I can work that into the story. SP makes from some interesting twists.

      Delete
  2. Feisal is a good name, I once knew this kid named Feisal...actually no, never mind I was thinking of Frank. Yeah, it was Frank...Frank was a big kid...

    Any ways! I'm glad Matt is the father out of the three, but as little as possible!? I guess I can understand how it could hurt his career though but I hope he comes around once he sees the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Feisal! Yeah I have no clue where EA got that crappy name from.

      It is good Matt is the daddy. Devin is too busy and Lenny, well his opinion of Ansley seems to be low. Not a good person to co-parent with. LOL

      Hopefully he will come see the baby.

      Delete
  3. LOL @ you and the name. :)
    In some ways, I'm glad that Matt is the baby daddy, but then it's really sad that he's only going to be a financial supporter. I can't decide for sure if I can call him a douche. Yeah I think I can... that whole "this is the woman's responsibility" thing. Douchebag. Spellcheck doesn't want to make that one word. What does it know. In fact, spellcheck doesn't want to make spellcheck one word either, but I digress...

    I like the house! I can't remember, is it one that comes with Bridgeport?

    Anyhoo, I hope she finds her true love and can provide a little paternal stability for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that name was horrible!
      Yep she is too. Ha, yeah only financial support. Well the rules of the challenge state you are supposed to go it 'alone' meaning no extras in the house. The creator of the challenge wanted to get away from the large family legacies. So yeah that turned Matt into a douchbag hahaha. At least he'll be able to afford child support. Lenny and Devin, not so much.

      Yes the house came with Bridgeport. I haven't added anything extra to the world just yet. It's strange to play there because I haven't in a very long time.

      Let's hope she does find Mr. Right. :)

      Delete
    2. It figures I would make a comment like that when I haven't read the rules. :P You'd think I'd catch on with the whole title being 'going solo' and all...

      Delete
    3. LOL it's ok. I could have had Matt in the house. The rules are very loose, she just doesn't want large families. But since we are supposed to do all the LTW the surrounded by family one and the Gold digger one are in direct conflict with her rules so we can bend when needed. I'm trying to stick as close as possible, but we'll see how it plays out.

      Delete
  4. Cute.... wasn't Feisal a mouse in a story? I think it's a cute name... for a mouse . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um maybe. I just knew it was odd and we weren't keeping the name.

      Delete
  5. It's nice that Matt supports her financially, even if he doesn't want to be named as the father or have anything to do with the baby. He could have gotten mad at her instead or just refused to do anything! And I suppose those celebrities do have the money to just buy someone a huge house :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep he'll thrown money at the problem to avoid a scandal. He knew with DNA proof on her side it would have gotten ugly in the media real fast. Reputation is everything.

      he has tons of money so he set her up nicely.

      thanks for reading

      Delete