Friday, November 1, 2013

Going Solo: Gen. 1.8



Time sure flew by and before I knew it, it was time for Kerri's birthday. I wanted to give her a big party because I never had one when I grew up. I was surprised when Matt actually showed up. Kerri grew into a very adorable toddler.


She got mom's hair color and Matt's eye color. Lenny even showed up, I wasn't sure if a child's party was really this thing, but he said he was happy to come.



I hadn't heard from Devin in ages and I was no longer trying to get in touch with him. Stella came and was in love with Kerri. She felt Kerri could easily follow in my footsteps with her looks. Told me I should try and get her a couple of gigs for baby commercials. With my own annoyance with the paparazzi, I wasn't sure I wanted to subject my child to that. Stella did have other news to share, she and Berry Tenderlove were expecting a baby. She said it wasn't planned, but once they got over the initial shock, they were both very thrilled. Being a mom to a toddler was much MUCH different than an infant, but it was a lot of fun too.



Kerri really enjoyed the Xylophone that my mom gave her and the logic block that Lenny gave her was great for fun and learning. If the weather was nice, we would go out to the park. Matt had giving her a walker and she zoomed all around the house in that thing.


She loved the freedom it gave her. Winter came and it brought lots of snow, but it also brought the winter festival. Mom always took me to these things as a kid, and I wanted to share that tradition with Kerri. Of course I can't even go out and enjoy my day with my daughter without someone snapping a picture. I can just see the headlines now.
BAD MOM LEAVES KID IN SNOW.

Doesn't matter that the truth behind that shot was Kerri was learning to walk and tripped. I was in the process of helping her up. After that I just took her home and waited for the next bad thing to hit the papers, luckily it never did. My maternity leave was up, and I found myself grateful to return to work. It's not that I didn't love Kerri, I did, but I missed my job. I arranged for a sitter to care for Kerri while I was at work. I thought about hiring a full time nanny, but I didn't want to get lazy in the care aspect of motherhood. I knew having someone there 24/7 would make me not be as attentive.


I did still find time to go out, but it was for work related things. I paid the sitter overtime since I had to do a promo thing at one of the clubs in town. I was proud of myself for still making it home in time to put Kerri to bed. Life was going well. Matt hadn't be by to see our daughter since her birthday, but he was still sending his weekly checks so I didn't complain too much.

***Ok so Ansley got a promotion and is now a Featured Actress (level 6) but still only a 4 star celebrity. Also a bonus shot of Kerri and a new picture of Graham who is now a kid. Also for some reason Bronson Littler decided to play drums outside Ansley's house at 3 am. SP got Jenni and Alan engaged, but they have yet to get married.***





8 comments:

  1. LOL @ the drums. I reckon he wanted Ansley's attention.

    Kerri is so cute! I've never done that read a book thing to them (I guess bedtime story?) with the kid in a crib.
    I'm glad Matt came by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have no clue why he did that and in the snow no less LOL. Ansley was snoozing away didn't even hear him.

      Thanks she seems to be turning out ok. I'm ahead in game play and Matt's genes were much stronger. :P The book thing can be cute, it gets annoying as kids, but as tots I like to do it sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Wait...wait...TENDERLOVE!? That's his last name!? Oh lol that just cannot be.

    Any ways Kerri is cute and it is a good idea to not push her into anything fame related, it seems the paparazzi is only going to get worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep that is his name. Blame EA Barry Tenderlove is a Bridgeport townie.

      I like how she looks as a tot so I'm hopeful as she ages she stays cute. I've never had kids with Matt Hamming so it's an interesting experiment. And I hate the paparazzi, it's reminding me why I play with the celeb thing off normally.

      Delete
  3. I am sure the picture of the toddler left in the snow made headlines. ;)
    Kerri is cute ^_^ She should be a naughty toddler and throw some snow at the camera.
    I guess Lenny thinks he has to make up for things, so he comes to the party.
    Graham is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah...poor Ansley was always having issues. :(

      Kerri should throw some snow at them or something, but she didn't. Ansley just tries to ignore them for the most part.

      Lenny is one of the constant men in her life, she's glad he offered her some support.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Haha, see, that's why I hated the celebrity aspect :P The paparazzi just keep digging up new things, whether they are actual thing or not oO Has it gotten bad enough in your game yet that everyone was famous and the paparazzi started taking pictures of each other? I think that's around the time I turned it off in my game :D

    Kerri is adorable but she looks just a little evil with that dark hair and her red eyes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes!!! I hate HATE the paparazzi. They are so annoying, always around. It's another reason I normally kept in off in my game. I haven't gotten to that point yet, and I hope it doesn't.

      LOL those are Matt's eyes totally blame EA for the color. They aren't as red as a weird brown-ish color.

      thanks for reading

      Delete