Sunday, November 3, 2013

Going Solo: Gen. 1.10


Now that Kerri was older, I was putting more time into my career. I needed to get things back on track if I was ever going to become a big name actress. I had an upcoming role and spent time working on making sure I knew my lines. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't spending enough time with Kerri and I made up for that with material things she asked me for. She was a smart girl, and all of her requests were usually something educational, so even more reason to say yes.


She and Graham made good use of the chess table. I was a little concerned about her seriously injuring herself with that chemistry set she asked for.




Her favorite thing seemed to be watching the stars in the high powered telescope she wanted. She brought home good grades, always did her homework and never needed help from me. I was a proud mommy. But her independence left me free to do other things. I would see Devin around the studio, but he didn't talk to me much. Word around the place was that all is philandering ways caught up to him finally. He was reportedly the father to be of Cressida Wells' baby. He was trying to deny it of course, but she seems like the kind of woman to make him take responsibility. Lenny, however, was still a part of my life.



He would come over and spend the night, but not often. I didn't want to disturb Kerri too much. She seemed to like him well enough or she just didn't voice her complaints. Not sure which. I had a few celebrity appearances to do which helped get me back in the spot light. I ran into Lenny on my way to the Brightmore for one of those appearances.



He couldn't stay but I still had a good time by myself. On the way home I ran into Matt who had the nerve to question me about being out at a club with having a child at home.


He had a lot of nerve to talk to me about being responsible when his own daughter doesn't even know him. Men! He was right, but I wouldn't tell him that. I was working late and doing these appearances and Kerri was growing up without me around.


I went home that night and hugged my little girl tightly. She even let me read her to sleep, something I hadn't done in a while. I was starting to worry she didn't have many friends outside of Graham. She never had anyone over or asked to go over to anyone's house.




She spent a lot of time either at the library or at my mom's house when I was working. All of my hard work did finally pay off in the form of another promotion. I wouldn't have to work as many days and I hoped to spend that extra time with Kerri while she was still young.



She seemed very excited when I told her the good news after I picked her up from my mom's house. It was perfect timing for this change since Graham was now a teen and no longer spending as much time with Kerri. That night when I tucked her into bed, I felt good about the direction my life was taking.

***ok correction on Ansley's career. At level 6 she was only a TV actress and not Featured Actress. She just got promoted to Featured Actress which is now level 7. I have purchased for her the multitakser LTR and the fast learner LTR to help her along in her career.

Blooper shots. Let's hope Graham and Kerri weren't too tramuatized running through Ansley's room while she was 'entertaining' Lenny. LOL



Teen Graham-he has Alan's nose and body. That boy is SKINNY!


13 comments:

  1. ahh yes the chemistry set...how that thing works I will never understand!

    Any ways Kerri seems like a smart kid! I kind of hate when your kid makes a good friend and then boom that friend is a teen! She always has a friend in her mom though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kerri blows herself up a lot. Luckily it's not been fatal. As for Graham, they are a day or two apart so she's not far behind when it comes to being a teen. She will always have her mom. :)

      Delete
  2. again, GRRRRR on Matt, even if, yes, he's right. Still, what a hypocrite!
    I'm glad she got her promotion and can spend a little more time before *poof* Kerri's an emotional teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Men!!! You won't even claim her as yours, yet he wants to have the nerve to say something about how she's being raised!

      Yes it's about time she got that promotion. Hopefully Kerri won't be too emotional of a teenager.

      Delete
  3. What a dork Matt is! Sheesh.
    It seems that Kerri is plenty happy with her toys :)
    I hope Graham grows into his nose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...that nose is all his daddy!!! Poor boy

    Kerri is a laid back girl and Matt still has lots of growing up to do.

    thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the chemisty set and a sims' ability to set himself on fire with it even though he's got 9 sill points into it.. *sigh* At least it's great for skilling logic ^^
    It's great that Ansley is trying to balance work with being a mother. I imagine her job would be very demanding, it's nice to see her trying to juggle both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, that set is dangerous!

      She is trying to find a balance. Her career is still very important to her, but she also loves her little girl. It's not easy to juggle them both and she's glad her mother is close to help her out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. So did Lenny and Devin both have kids with Cressida Wells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope just Devin. Lenny doesn't have any kiddies.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Oh okay, in the last chapter you had talked about Cressida Wells having a baby. I had to reread it to get it, I just had read the paragraph wrong where you had mentioned it before. The subject started out about Lenny then I missed the transition to Devin lol.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love this update I am really happy that Kerri is getting older and becoming a very intelligent young girl. Ansely is starting back up her career again since she has spent as much time as she can with kerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww yay. Kerri is growing up to be a very independent young lady. She's a smart one and makes being a parent really easy on Ansley.

    Ansley is trying to get back on track with her career and reach her goals in life.

    thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete