Friday, November 8, 2013

Going Solo: Gen. 1.11


Being a featured actress wasn't too bad. I got speaking roles but none that were major. I have to say I was very cute as the french maid in the latest film, and I was already in character when I had to clean up after our dishwasher broke.


Kerri thought it was very funny when we had dinner that night. After she went to bed, I sent Lenny a text, I figured he also might enjoy my work costume. She still loved to paint, and I could tell she was going to be a much better artist than I ever was at her age. She was a truly gifted child and it made me feel good to know I wasn't doing too terrible of a job as a parent. With her birthday approaching, I asked Kerri what kind of party she wanted. She surprised me by declining a party saying instead she just wanted to spend the day with me. I had been working so hard trying to get the supporting actress part in the next film, that I had been neglecting her a bit. It made me feel bad, so I gladly agreed to her birthday wish. It was a fun filled girls day out at the local spring festival.



Kerri hunted for eggs, I let her eat all the junk food she wanted, and she was very excited about getting her face painted.




Afterwards we played a game of horseshoes, and she beat me. I was annoyed by the reporters once again stalking me and not letting me enjoy the day with my daughter. At least this time he wasn't snapping pictures, but still the watching was creepy enough. After it was all over we went home for cake. I asked Matt if he wanted to come over, but he said he was too busy.


I guess facing a teen would make it a little harder to dodge questions, especially since she looked more like him than she did me. Kerri did want to update her room to something more age appropriate so I hired her a designer and let her make whatever changes she wanted.


She was very happy with the outcome. A few days later a scooter arrived for Kerri, it was from Matt. Since she didn't have her license yet, she could get around on that instead. It was thoughtful of him I guess, but what she really wanted was to see her father.





I went to see mom to get her advice on how to handle things. She informed me I couldn't force Matt to be a father, but I needed to be honest with Kerri about the 'arrangement' I made while pregnant. I wasn't sure I liked that answer, but it was something I would consider. On a good note, the counseling she and Alan had been going to was paying off and things were better for them. I was very happy that her relationship was on the mend.



Kerri was finding that high school was a little tougher than she expected, but she was still doing better than I ever did by a long shot. She was already discussing colleges she might want to attend after high school. That was an area I couldn't help her in at all since I never attended and neither did mom. I had no doubt about her ability to get in to where ever she wanted to go, it would just be a matter of narrowing down her field of study since she was into so many different things. I knew with my new salary, plus the help I got from Matt, money would not be an issue on paying for her to attend.

***Ansley is now level 8 in her career supporting actress and she is a 5 star celebrity. The multitasker is helping with the progress bar, but that fast learner reward not so much. She has been lingering at level 8 on charisma for the longest time now. :(

more excitement outside of Ansley's house. These two are paparazzi that started flirting with each other.



10 comments:

  1. Lol at the paparazzi flirting with each other!

    Kerri...well I guess her meeting with her father will be interesting. I wonder how Matt will react upon seeing his girl again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess they were just passing the time until Ansley or Kerri walked out the gate so they could take pictures.

      Kerri,yes she needs to meet her daddy. He's seen her, just not been an active part of her life.

      Delete
  2. I love it when the paparazzi flirt with one another. That doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's fantastic.

    Ansley's cute, but that's no surprise. Yes, she does look surprisingly a lot like Matthew.
    I like the scooter.

    This made me want to play. Ah well, I need pics for a SWNT chapter anyway. Then maybe a little Donny time. See what you did? Time to veg. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah since they can't get in because of the gate they decided to flirt instead of going home.

      She is turning out well. I'm always nervous when using townie sims, but Matt has good genes so yay! She needed something because it would take her all day to get anywhere riding a bike and she hasn't learned to drive yet.

      Delete
  3. Kerri is so pretty! I love her new room. What set is that bed from? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she turned out well. Her room fits her older self now and the bed is from master suite I think. Next time I'm in game I'll check.

      Delete
  4. Kerri grew up beautiful :)
    *LOL* at the papseez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...I've never had a child with Matt before so wasn't sure how is genes would work out. EA did good in mixing them.

      Delete
  5. I wonder how Kerri will take the news about who her father is.. Maybe not too badly now that he's gotten her a scooter for her birthday? She's grown up really well, it's nice that she's not a clone of one parent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows who he is, he's just not an active part of her life which she would like to change. She wants more than the material stuff that satisfied her mother.

      She did get a nice mix of genes from both parents.

      thanks for reading

      Delete