Saturday, November 23, 2013

Going Solo: Gen. 1.14



Living with Lenny I was beginning to see where all his money went. He seemed to have a bit of a drinking problem. He was having juice at all times during the day or night. He still went to work and he was trying to help cover some of the bill, but he was in debt so I didn't want to take too much of his money knowing I could cover the household bills on my own. I was very grateful to have him around when a burglar tried to break into the house.


Lenny ran out there and scared the guy off before the cops came. I of course rewarded him for his bravery. I was really proud of Kerri. She had gotten on the honor's roll and already had schools interested in her attending their university. She told me they took an aptitude test and she scored 1309 out of 2400. She was definitely smarter than I was at her age and I was very proud of her accomplishments. Painting was another thing she excelled at. She was already creating paintings worth hundreds of dollars, I saw great things in her future if she wanted to chose that as her career.





Even though she had already attended prom, she was asked to go by a boy from another school. Boyd Slayer went to Bridgeport High, and I wasn't even sure how she met him since she attended Bridgeport Academy. She told me they met at the library and apparently she was pretty smitten with him. I allowed her to go even though he was older than she was. They had a great night and she came home all smiles.


She gushed about having her first kiss ever and he asked her to go steady. They were crowned prom queen and king. My little girl was growing up. I was happy for her, but also a little concerned. I hoped this boy wasn't after a certain 'thing' and would only break her heart.


I didn't want to be that overbearing mom, but I was sure to keep a close eye on the relationship. Life was going well, I was getting more roles so I worked hard studying my lines and making sure I had them down.


I didn't want some young actress coming in thinking she could take over. I had worked to hard for that. Just when I thought life was settling down, those pesky paparazzi struck again. Some BS story about me being arrested for drunken disorderly conduct or some crap. I called up the same lawyer that I used in my last lawsuit and sued that paper. I won a judgement of $7,229 I felt good about clearing my name and holding them accountable for the lies they spread. I wished those people would just go away, but they wouldn't. They would camp out in front of my house and Kerri even said she spotted them at her school. It was borderline harassment. 

***Ok so I didn't realize that teens could register as self employed until I saw that Graham had a job as a writer. Kerri is now officially already working on her career as a painter is level 3. :) I was shocked that she got the call to go to prom with Boyd. They were only acquaintances when I looked at her relationship panel, but prom night sped things along and as you see from the picture, the next day he aged up to a YA.***

12 comments:

  1. He's a pretty handsome guy. Are his eyes red? I think you posted on the other thread that she wants to be a Major Master or something? That's a lot of UNI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is fairly handsome for a townie, and yes his eyes are red. Yep, her gen wants to be different from her mom and grandmother and actually get a higher education. Yes sadly it will be a lot of uni :(

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this update! I didn't know about teen self-employment either, what a waste of time (for me I mean, I always waited until ya to start the painting career...).
    Kerri is a beautiful, talented young girl. She's so cute too. I have no doubt she'll do well on her career.
    Great story!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! She could have been painting and leveling up in her career all this time but oh well. Now I know for any future self employed careers my sims will have. :)

      Thanks, I'm happy with how she turned out. She's always painting and some of her painting are really great. I think she'll top out at her career quickly which is great since I will be spending lots of time at Uni.

      Glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. She was prom queen of a different school? lol :) love it!
    Yeah, are his eyes red?
    Lenny needs a little help. Intervention time. That's the real help he needs. Letting him crash at her place is all well and good, but it won't solve the real problem.
    /sigh
    I got Fiona (Donnie's older sister) the alchemist job as a teen. So, I set up her LW as the whatever lvl 10 alchemist thing. Then, she moves in with Allen Monty... and changes jobs. -.-
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes she was. I put down a second school on the other side of the bridge because she was late every day before. LOL Boyd goes to the original school in town, but I guess being the daughter of a famous actress gets you those kinds of perks. LOL

      LOL yeah he's always at that keg so it just worked to give him a 'drinking' problem (among other things)

      That's another career I haven't played, but with this challenge I'll get there eventually.

      Delete
  4. Ha, Lenny and his drinking problem! Good to know that Kerri is a smart kid, not surprised though! She also was the prom queen! Doing big things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah he's always at that keg. Kerri is a very smart kid and got prom queen twice :) Her gen hopefully will be just as interesting.

      Delete
  5. Does Mommy know Boyd is a vampire? And from Bridgeport High, not the elite Bridgeport Academy.... is that like PS17? heh....
    At least Lenny's issue isn't lots of child support... but a drinker is bad... bad bad bad.... He will die prematurely :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...I sort of skip over how those lifestates work in the game. LOL easier if not mentioned :P

      She is the daughter of Matt Hamming...only the best education for her ;)

      Nope, no child support but he does love that kegger

      Delete
  6. Woo for Kerri getting started so early!! And an even bigger Woo for her becoming a painter!! :D
    I hope Lenny is going to get his problems sorted, otherwise it might start costing her a lot of money, too :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep. I had no clue teens could register as self employed before. That's a huge help!

      Let's hope Lenny goes to an AA meeting or two before it becomes a real issue between them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete