Sunday, August 3, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.24

***Note this last chapter will be pic heavy***

Today was my wedding day. Everything had been planned. I never thought I'd have a day like this, but now that it was here, I understood why Mom and Sha were so damned excited. Cora and the girls got up early to meet Mom and Sha at the spa. Dad was coming over later with Nick so we could get ready. Until then, I spent some rare quiet time doing some uninterrupted gaming. Yes I said gaming. Living with three females left me very little time to do this.


Hope and Grace were always watching some teenage drama show or another, and Cora didn't want to have more than one TV in the house. Once Dad arrived, we headed to the mall to pick up our tuxes. Time seemed to pass slowly as I waited for 5p.m. to arrive. The moment was here, the location she'd picked was perfect. When I first laid eyes on the woman that was about to become my wife, I was rendered speechless. This was a much better choice of dress. The top looked like that sexy lingerie I loved seeing her in.



My mind started to wonder about what she wore under that dress. When our eyes met, she winked at me as if she knew what thoughts I was having. She'd thought it was a good idea for us to abstain for the month leading up to the wedding. Some nonsense about trying to have more special meaning on our wedding night. I thought she was joking until she really told me no one night and every night after. I had to sleep on the couch because sleeping next to her became unbearable.

I leaned close when she made it to the arch.


Davis: Do you think they'd notice if we ran off right now?

Cora: Yes, just a little bit. They are here to see a wedding.

She leaned a little closer to me and lowered her voice more.

Cora: Don't worry, I'm just as eager to get you out of that tux.

Yeah...she was definitely the one. Songs were sang, introduction words were said and then it was time to exchange our vows. Cora wanted us to write our own and threatened me when I jokingly started reciting all the not for public reasons I was happy to be marrying her. She said that if I announced any of that out loud at the wedding I'd be sleeping on the couch for a year.


Davis: Cora, you are everything I didn't know I wanted and more. I was a crazy man for almost letting you slip through my fingers. Thank you for being patient enough to see the potential for more that I didn't know was there. From this day forward I will go to sleep by your side and wake up to those beautiful baby blues in the morning. You have enriched my life in ways I never thought possible. I promise to be a loyal and faithful husband. I promise to cherish you every moment and spend the rest of my life showing you how thankful I am to be your husband.

I slid the ring on her finger and kissed her hand. She smiled at me with tears in her eyes.

Davis: I love you Cora.

She looked at me wide eyed. Grace handed her a tissue to help stop the stream of tears that were running down her face. She took a moment to collect herself before reciting her vows.


Cora: Davis, there is so much I want to say, but have a hard time putting into words. When we first met, part of me thought I should stay far far away from you. You had quite the reputation around campus, but you have this gravitational pull that worked on everyone, including me. I'm glad I didn't resist it. You bring me joy and fulfillment on so many levels. I promise to be a loyal and faithful wife and look forward to sharing many more ups and downs with you til death do we part.


Cora slid the ring on my finger and we sealed everything with a kiss. Rose petals were thrown. Mom and Sha were crying. It was a great feeling to know she was now my wife.









The reception was great. We danced, had cake. Mom and Dad were very proud of us and officially welcomed Cora to the family. Mom took the girls back to the hotel with her. We thought about getting one for the night, but decided we could spend our wedding night at home since we were leaving for Paris the next day.


Davis: I don't think I told you how beautiful you looked today.

Cora: I think you did, but I could stand to hear it again, along with some other words.

My smile got wider thinking about my thoughts from earlier in the night.

Cora: Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of that talk as well, but...

Davis: What?

Cora: Do you realize that today was the first time you told me you loved me?

I felt myself frown. She'd told me a few times. Surely I'd said it at some point, but the more I thought about it, I couldn't recall when. Not even the night I proposed. That explained her facial reaction at the ceremony.


Davis: I'm sorry Baby. Did you have doubts still?

She shook her head.
Cora: I'm used to taking baby steps with you, and when you proposed...I knew, but it was nice to hear it.

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her deeply.
Davis: There is something I wanted to talk to you about. I was thinking about your vows, the death til we part...I don't like that idea.

Cora: Oh...so

Davis: So have forever with me.

 It took her a moment to realize what that meant, but then she graced me with that smile I loved so much. Our wedding night was very special indeed.



***This concludes Davis' gen! He'd had the want to turn Cora for a while so since I love them as a couple I gave them forever together. :) Also here are a few shots from the 'honeymoon' they both wanted to travel so I sent them to Paris. Unfortunately, my game crashed before they even finished out day 1. :( ***









22 comments:

  1. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and this turned out to be another update I had to reread :)

    Cora looked beautiful so beautiful in her dress. The vows were very romantic and sweet and with the sunset behind them, just made everything so perfect.

    I loved the looks on Kerri and Sha's faces during the ceremony, it seems like everyone was caught up in the romance.

    Isn't it funny how some men have a hard time saying three little words, but when they do say them it means so much more.

    I'm going to miss Davis, but looking forward to seeing Grace's story.

    Loved the pic's from France and I hope that game won't crash when you have to do that ltw we are all dreading, however on the bright side you might have a good excuse to get out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...so glad you liked it! I reread it too. I loved the setting and their vows (I hate writing vows). In the end Cora's patience paid off and the got her happily ever after!

      Kerri and Sha were crying, it was crazy. Kerri has everything she wanted. Grandkids, a wonderful daughter-in-law...she's one happy woman.

      He really hadn't realized he'd never told her. It wasn't intentional, he's just not an 'I love you' kinda guy and Cora understood that. But boy to hear those words, on their wedding day, she was over the moon!

      I'm going to miss him too. :( He was fun, but like Wolfie, he'll be around for all the generations. :D

      I wanted them to have a full honeymoon but the game decided they didn't need it. :( Oh well if it won't work then maybe I can skip those dreaded LTWs. I won't be too heartbroken over that.

      Delete
  2. Sweet :)
    It took a long time, but Davis finally grew up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it took a while, but he got there. Cora was patient and that paid off.

      Thanks for taking the time to read it all and get caught up!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful wedding! Lovely ceremony.. I am glad Davis finally said those three little word Cora has been desperately wanting to hear. I loved the emotions in the ceremony. Sha and Kerri need tissues! I can't wait to see Grace's story. Great writing, can't wait to see more. Sorry your game crashed right in France. But atleast you got some great Honeymoon pictures regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks. I wanted their wedding to be perfect. Cora waited long enough for it LOL. And he did say those words. He wasn't holding back intentionally it just never crossed his mind, but he did show her he loved her in other ways so Cora knew. It was still good to hear them :)

      I got a few honeymoon pictures. Hopefully when I have to tackle a traveling LTW it will work better. We shall see.

      Grace's story should start this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Loved the wedding, and it was wonderful that Cora was turn. Now those two can live happily ever after. And it also give Davis time to fill his house with boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She waited a long time for that wedding I had to make it nice. Davis had wanted to turn her for a while and before I moved them to BB she'd wanted to be turned so now they have forever together. :D

      LOL yes it does give him time to fill his house with boys.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Soo sweet! Perfect update, beautiful wedding. The vows were heartfelt. I had to read it twice. I'm glad this is a couple that will be around for a while, but I have a feeling they may have several house fulls of children. The pictures of all the family at the wedding were so sweet! I hope grandma Kerri is happy finally. You write Davis so well, I will be sad to see the perspective change. He is a fun character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww so glad you enjoyed it! I tried to keep the vows very true to who Cora and Davis are. I was telling PG we all have that character that we are keeping around. You have Aurora, she as Wolfie, Vuneca has Wind and now Davis. :) He won't be in the for front as much as the generations go on since I don't have an interconnecting story, but he will be around.

      Kerri is very happy. She got grandkids and a daughter in law (one she likes) Davis made her a very happy woman. :D

      Changing will be hard as I loved his character, but I'm hoping to do Grace justice as well.

      thanks for readind

      Delete
  6. Ha! More like Vuneca is STUCK with Wind! Sorry Wind. You know we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wedding. Cora is wearing a really beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She wore something a little more revealing for her hubby to be. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Hey I just realize now what he meant wit forever. Is she a vampire now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, that was so cute! I'm glad they finally got together. I was so angry when Cora was making out with Tristan at the girls birthday and then he got so jealous. Wow, what a roller coaster for the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they worked hard for that happy ending. Cora probably shouldn't have been doing that at the girls' party and Davis shouldn't have acted like such an ass, but things happen.

      In the end it all worked out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  10. What a lovely way to end his generation :3 It sure has been a long time coming! She looked beautiful in that dress, which was stunning by itself! And now that she's a vampire I'm sure they'll be making up for lost time :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What better way to end it than with a wedding and a turning? Cora and Davis deserved their happy ending. She wore a dress that her husband truly appreciated. They will now have a nice long life together.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete