Friday, August 15, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.1

***SENSITIVE ISSUES DISCUSSED***

They say there are moments in life that shape you, define who you will be as a person. Little things like learning to drive or going to prom. The latter I was roped into by Hope who needed me to round out the 'group date' since Dad wouldn't let her go on individual dates still. I loved my sister, she was my twin, how could I not, but we were so different, still are. But, back to what I was saying about moments in life. My parents getting married was one of those moments. Most teens aren't the bridesmaids for their mother, but Hope and I were and it was great. That moment showed me patience really was a virtue.


Mom waited a very long time to get married. It wasn't that Dad didn't love her or us, but he just had a few hangs ups that she was patient enough to wait out. It also showed me that people can really change. From what Grandma Kerri and Grammy Sha would tell us, Dad was quite the ladies man. They particularly like to give us that info when Dad was fussing about Hope and the countless rotation of boys that called her. Most of the moments in my life were fairly basic, but all good. I gardened, I spent lots of time at the library.


I covered for Hope when she would want to go out but Dad would say no. She'd drop me at the library while she went to the movies or whatever she had planned. We were lucky that Mom forbid Dad from using his vamp abilities to pry into our thoughts. She said it would be the ultimate invasion of privacy, so neither of them did that. Instead they attempted to raise us like they were normal human parents. The night 'it' happened I was again covering for Hope. She'd just started dating this new guy and was going to a party at his house. She wanted me to go, but I told her to take me to the library instead.


I called at closing, she didn't answer. She'd done it before so I left her a message and told her to get me from the diner. Nothing I hadn't done before only this time Patrick stopped me. We talked often when I was at the library since he worked there. He was nice and we talked about books and gardening normal stuff.



When he offered to give me a ride, I started to say no, but the weather was changing and it was cold. I should have said no. When he passed by the diner I got scared, but he said he wanted to show me something. There was to be a meteor shower, a bunch of people were going to The Pointe to watch it. No one was there when we arrived.


I knew I was in trouble. When he was finished, he left me there on the cold ground naked, bleeding and crying. Mom and Dad found me by tracking my cell phone thanks to the lost phone app Hope had installed. Life changed after that. Barnacle Bay was a small town so word traveled fast about what happened. Dad was furious. I'd never seen him so angry, but worse than his anger was seeing him so sad. I felt like I let him down. I knew better than to get in that car. The house was tense for a long time. I didn't want to come out of my room and Hope kept apologizing. I just wanted to forget.


I convinced Mom and Dad to let me be home schooled because my first day back at school was met with stares and whispers. I didn't manage to make it the whole day, the crowded halls freaked me out and I hid in the bathroom. I never went anywhere alone and Hope was grounded for a long time. Mom made me go to therapy, that was no fun. Most of the time I just sat with her holding my hand and not talking. I didn't want to so eventually she stopped making me go.




Hope started acting out, getting in trouble more it was bad. She felt like I got all the attention and she could never get anything right in their eyes now. I didn't want to be the center of attention, that's why I left school. Who wanted to be known as the girl that got raped. Every where I went, it felt like people knew and would stare. Dad got arrested and had to spend the night in jail for attacking Patrick when he was brought to the station for the line-up. Then Mom started getting sick but it turned out to be nothing serious.






She was pregnant.

Moments in life can truly shape who you are. It was my senior year and I had no friends, and never talked to people outside of my family. I'd not gone back to the library since that night even though Patrick had been arrested and was still in jail.




I had my family and my plants. Hope was making plans to go off to college, that used to be my plan as well, but not now. The idea of that many strangers terrified me. No, I was staying home and helping Mom and Dad with Carter while taking online courses.

**A/N**
So this chapter was longer than normal but I wanted to cover all of Grace's teen years in one chapter. Sorry you guys didn't get to see Davis panicking about dating, but I wrote in some things. I wasn't planning on Cora and Davis having more kids so soon, but they went off and risky woo-hooed while I was filming Grace. Those two can't keep their hands off each other. So welcome baby Carter to the family. I will show better pictures of him in the next chapter.

Also Sha is now an elder. :(


18 comments:

  1. Oh man. Poor thing :*-( this was a deep chapter.

    Sha looks good as an elder and I can't wait to see more of Carter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah :( I decided to mix a bit of the bad idea in with the good idea. She is off to a not so good start but hopefully that will change.

      I had to give her a little make-over but she's still very pretty. We'll see more of Carter soon. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Oh NOOOOOO, Poor Grace. That is just horrible. Hope the scares can heal over time. Davis should have hunted him down that same night and helped him into the ever sims after.

    Congrats on Carter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah :( She was already a shy girl and to have such a thing happen to her just made her more of an introvert. She has the love and support of her family to help her through. LOL Davis. There was a lot I could have done with Davis, Boyd, hell even Cora but I didn't want to go off on too big a detour. Davis did get a few hits in :D he's not normally a violent man, but that was his baby that got hurt.

      Carter was an unexpected addition to the family but at least he got a boy. I am gonna have to keep a close eye on Davis and Cora.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Oh, no poor poor Grace : ( : ( Glad she has her family to help her threw the healing process. I hope Davis got in more then a few good hits on that SOB. Maybe he and Cora can tag team? Good thing he's in prison at the very least. Congrats to Cora and Davis on little Cater. I guess lady Karma gave him a little relief there. Great and shocking chapter. Can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...It was a terrible and terrifying experience especially to have someone she knew and sorta considered a friend to betray her in such a way. :( Davis would have probably tried to kill him if left on his own, but then that would have caused a lot more stress in the family. He did get some good hits in though LOL He spared them a trial and pleaded guilty to the charges. I don't think Grace would have made it through a trial.

      Lady Karma did give Davis a short break but not for long...

      thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  4. I feel so bad for Grace, thankfully she has her family there to support her. That guy should feel lucky that Davis let him live. This will be tough for Grace to live with and it will take time but it will always be there. A victim can live on but it never leaves them.

    Congrats on Baby Carter and I am sure that Davis is happy to have another boy in the house :)
    Oh no Shasha is an elder :( I hate when they turn elder because we know what comes next. :(

    Great chapter and I can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I feel bad for her too. Her family is a very strong support system and she'll need that as time goes on. He is lucky Davis let him live and he only did so because he didn't want to cause more stress in his family. Having Grace assaulted plus him in jail for murder would not have been good. She will learn to move on, but it's a moment that has forever changed her life. :(

      Davis is very happy to have another boy in the house, but he loves his girls. He's such a family man now. So different from where he started. :D

      yeah :( Sha and Kerri will follow shortly. They are 2 days apart I think.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Poor Grace....Patrick is lucky to be alive and that Davis did't use his vamp abilities to kill him. I hope Grace can move on and get past her fears. I can't wait to see how Carter turns out. Love how Sha looks as an elder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Patrick is lucky. Grace will have a lot to overcome, but she has a great support system to help her along the way. :)

      Carter is a cutie, I'll be sure to post pictures of him in the next update and I agree, Sha aged nicely.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Holy crap! Poor Grace! :( It's especially bad because it was someone she thought she knew.
    Good for Davis attacking him! I hope the guys in the pen treat that guy that raped her awfully!

    LOL at Cora and Davis risky-ing behind your back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, she would have sorta considered him a friend and with her shyness that was a huge deal. Her trust in people will be really shaken.
      Davis is pretty laid back most of the time, but that was his baby. He wasn't gonna sit by and do nothing. Hopefully bad bad things will happen while he's in there.

      LOL Cora and Davis are impossible!!! They can't keep their hands off each other.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Poor poor Grace! Oh my word! That's it, I'm moving to Barnacle Bay and hunting him down myself. I'm bringing Wolfie with me. Poor thing, she's so sweet, I hope it doesn't make her bitter. Oh I'm just so upset.

    I am happy for your sneaky lovebirds and their latest addition. But just overwhelmed for Grace. Maybe she can hang with Orchid, they seem like like souls with their shy, plant loving ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah I thought about Davis killing him, but then I thought about what it would do to the family and such so I opted for Davis just kicking is butt. He got off easy, but if you and Wolfie wanna have a go by all means have at it. LOL

      She is so sweet and already has trust issues with people. This will effect her on so many levels. :( It was hard to put her through that, but I promise she'll have some good in her life as well.

      LOL those two are impossible. I was going to give them a baby before Grace moved out, but they beat me to it. I think she and Orchid would make very good friends. :D They are kindred souls.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Oh, this was sad, poor grace. No wonder she didnt want to go back to school. A shame the teraphy didn't help. I hope she'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I missed this. Sorry.

      She just wants to hide away from the world. That is how she's dealing but not sure how effective it will be.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Was this longer than usual? It didn't feel like it :P I thought it was shorter, actually :D

    Poor girl, what a terrible thing to happen. I wish I could have seen Davis lose his shit with that guy, but I'm sure I can imagine it just fine! It's a shame she didn't talk about it at therapy, it could really have helped her. It's affecting her about as much as you might expect :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well glad you didn't think it dragged on. :) I felt like it was longer, but guess not.

      Yeah it was hard to write this chapter. :( Grace is such a shy, sweet soul this just devastated her. Davis did lose it. He's easy going for the most part, but don't hurt his family. The guy is lucky to still be living, he only stopped because that would have been worse on the family.

      Grace just wanted to put it behind her, talking about it, to strangers, not something she wanted to face. Her family didn't want to push, so they let it go. We'll see how it affects her life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete