Friday, August 1, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.22



If someone had told me a year ago I would be playing the role of a somewhat settled down man I would have told them they were out of their mind. However, that was my current life. We didn't want the girls being shuffled back and forth too much so I racked up the frequent flyer miles. I was in Barnacle Bay most weekends. My relationship with Cora was a work in progress. She expressed concerns about my ability to be happy with one woman for long and it was a valid concern. Blythe was my longest and I guess only 'girlfriend' so I could understand why Cora worried. I wouldn't lie to her and say I was ready for marriage and all that stuff, but I did tell her she was the most important woman in my life, aside from the parental women of course, and we would take it one day at a time. The apartment she had found was small, really small, too small for the three of them so we bought a house.


And by we, I mean me since she still had some loans and things she was paying off from getting her undergrad degree. Work was going well. I was thankful that I didn't actually need to be in the office to do my job most of the time. I could negotiate contracts from anywhere. Since I'd successfully done so for five of our top players, the bosses didn't give me a hard time for not coming into the office daily.


As long as I was there for meetings and such, they were happy. That freedom meant I spent more and more time in Barnacle Bay, which was a good thing. It put Cora at ease to know I was there with her and I liked being with all my girls. Mom still gave me a hard time about needing to make an honest woman out of Cora. She and Sha visited often and would spoil the girls rotten while they were here. When Mom wasn't fussing at me about marrying Cora, she was dropping hints about wanting more grankids. I swear that woman was never happy. She wanted one grandchild, I gave her two and she asks for more. Although at times I thought I needed a son to help balance out all the women in my life. Dad would just laugh when I'd say that.




This life I was living was not the one I'd planned for myself, but the years with Cora and our daughters had been the best of my life. Mom and Sha were in town for the girls upcoming birthday. While they were out at the movies, I took Cora out for dinner.


She'd been mentioning wanting to go to the 'new' Old Mill restaurant that hat opened recently. The mood was romantic, the food was great and she enjoyed herself greatly. As we got ready to leave, I decided it was time to give her the final piece she'd been waiting years for. The moment I got down on one knee she started crying.


Davis: Cora, I know you probably thought this moment would never happen, and I admit I wasn't sure either. You have made me into the biggest liar. I said I would never have kids, you gave me two. I said no woman would ever mean more to me than a casual fling, yet you do. And I said that I would never, ever want to get married, but I am hoping you will prove me wrong again. Cora Marie Sidwell will you again make a liar out of me and do me the honor of becoming my wife?


 People at the surrounding tables were watching, Cora stood speechless and I started to worry she was about to say no when she started jumping around crying more and squeaking out a yes.




Applause rang out, the waiter brought champagne and I texted Mom to let her know she needed to keep the girls tonight because my fiancee and I needed the house to ourselves. Her reply: it's about time.


18 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for them. Glad they're working things out. Also, Wow does he wear some tight pants ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep...time to start wrapping up his generation and of course it will have to be a happy ending.

      You think his pants are tight? A lot of my CC jeans are more fitted than the standard EA ones. I hate the flair at the bottom of the EA pants.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Yessssssssssss! I loved this update so much, so romantic! I read it three times already!

    Davis has really grown up and he is settling into family life so well and that proposal was timed out so well. The sky in the background just made the pictures so much more beautiful and added to the romance!

    Can't wait for the wedding!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Figured it was time to get these two on the right track. (plus they can't keep their hands off each other)

      Davis has grown and come a long way since his teen years. Look how much he did follow in the footsteps of his idol!!!! See Wolfie turned out to be a great idol after all LOL! He loves family life much more than he thought he would.

      Glad you liked the setting...I thought the background did help give a very romantic feel.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. LOL at Kerri!

    Staying out of the office more than ever before and becoming a family man when he never thought he would and only going in for certain meetings... You know what I'm thinking. ;) I love it.

    I don't really know how I'd respond to a proposal like that. "Make me a liar again"? LOL, but it's so Davis.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri is not afraid to tell it like it is LOL

      He is very much a domesticated family man now. He is not really needed in the office for his job since he traveled a lot anyway. He much rather be with his family than in his lonely bachelor pad. :D Cora slowly changed that man without even having to try hard. LOL

      What??? That proposal was beyond romantic LOL...how could she not say yes. Just wait to you hear about his wedding vows

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Woohoo! I mean yes he proposed hehe...I suspect the twins are headed into their teen yrs and can't wait to see how Davis handles them dating. I can't wait to see his and Cora's wedding either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep he finally proposed. Cora was just as shocked! LOL. I love them as a couple I had to have him come around at some point :P

      Davis is gonna be supervising all dates hahahaha

      Delete
  5. Oh I loved that proposal. He did it wonderfully. Of-cause there was no reason for him to worry she would say know, Heck she was waiting for years for him get his act together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thanks!!! He is not the typical romantic, but he can still make her swoon. She honestly never thought he'd marry her and was willing to take him just being committed. Once he did ask, there was no way she would turn him down! Her patience really paid off.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. FINALLY! The make me a liar bit had me giggling. Also, and I encounter this with people in real life, it makes me wonder why people can buy a house together and agree to a mortgage, but not get married. To each their own, I got married young, but what do I know? ;)
    I'm happy for this couple, I think deep down its what they both wanted all along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience was key in dealing with Davis. Cora knew that and it paid off. LOL well he was honest in how he saw his life, so I thought the liar bit was fitting. :)

      Well it was Davis. He wanted to provide for his family so he did. He still had a different view on life. He thought being there and committed was plenty. It helped Cora feel more secure to have some level of commitment from him so she was just taking it a day at a time. But people do that in real life all the time so who knows why LOL.

      this is what they wanted. Davis just didn't know it for a long time, Cora however has been in love with him since college.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Yay, he proposed!!!!!!!
    I can't wait to catch up on everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it took him a while, but he finally did what she'd been waiting on.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. EEEP! I'm so happy they are getting married! I liked his proposal a lot, it was very well put :3 Can't wait to see the wedding next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yep. He finally came around to her idea of relationship and commitment. She didn't push and was patient and it paid off in the end.

      His proposal was totally Davis! On to the wedding.

      thanks for reading

      Delete