Friday, August 22, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.2


Two years after graduation and I was still living at home. I kept Carter for Mom and Dad when they had to work or if they wanted a night out.


That little boy and I were growing close. He was sweet and fun to hang around. He'd play outside with me while I worked in my garden. Hope was having a blast at college and when she was home for visits she tried to talk me into coming.


To just try out a semester. Mom and Dad told me they'd support whatever decision I made. I didn't want to go, the thought of being that far from home scared me. I had only recently started leaving the house alone. Mostly I'd take Carter to the park or I'd go the community garden. I loved that place. There was never many people there and the view was amazing. I liked it, especially now in the winter.


The crops were dormant so not many people came. I could sit and read and just enjoy the solitude. I loved living with my parents and I really loved spending time with Carter, but being alone was calming. Not to mention that my parents still hadn't grown out of the 'honeymoon' phase of marriage after all these years. I guess living forever has that affect on them, or they just really REALLY liked each other.



My money was on the latter, so when the public displays of affection become too much to bear I'd go for a walk or come here for a few moments of alone time. I was nearly finished with my degree in Botany. It took me a while to decide on what I wanted to study, but Mom said with my love of plants, that would be the best way to go and she wasn't wrong.

I still didn't have friends outside of the family. When Hope would come home on breaks she and our parents would try to get me to go out and have fun. Most times I declined, but sometimes I would agree only because I saw the worried look in Mom's eyes. Neither she nor Dad would say anything, but sometimes I got the sense they hoped I'd 'move on'.


Another year went by and Mom was pregnant again. I'd completed my degree and Hope had graduated college, barely. She'd moved back home for a few months, but stayed with Grams and Sha since I now shared a room with Carter. The day Hope told us she'd gotten a job in Roaring Heights was a sad one. I was used to her being gone to college, but for some reason I expected her to come back and live closer to home. I missed having my sister close, but she was doing what adults were supposed to do. Grow up, move on and leave the nest. That announcement was another one of those moments in life. Seeing my sister be so independent made me realize it was time for me to do the same.


Grace: So I think I need to move out.

Both of them were silent for a moment and I couldn't tell if that was because they were relieved they didn't have to kick me out (not that they would) or if they were shocked by my words.

Cora: Honey, are you sure? You know we love having you here.

Grace: I know Mom, but I'm taking up space. Space you will need soon when the baby is born.

Davis: Nonsense, we can do some renovations. Your mom and I had already been discussing that option.

Grace: You shouldn't have to renovate because your adult child still lives at home.


Cora: That's not the only reason. The new baby is going to be another girl, we will have to anyway. It is either that or move, we haven't decided yet.

Davis: Exactly, so it's not because of you. This is your home and you are welcomed to stay here always.

Grace: I know, but...I think I'm ready.

Neither of them looked convinced by that statement considering I had less of a social life than anyone in the family, but they accepted my decision. That is until I took Dad to see the house I wanted to buy. It was an old farmhouse on the outskirts of town. It needed some work, but had plenty of land for my plants. It was perfect.

**A/N**
Yes...that pregnancy is another UNEXPECTED one! Those two...I swear. It's like the moment I have Grace leave the house to do shots elsewhere they are running off to make babies.

Both the girls graduated.

Hope, I couldn't get a shot of her in her cap and gown. She just didn't want to cooperate, too busy wanting to pick up Carter. At least she likes her baby brother I guess. LOL She graduated, MOST LIKELY TO BE A MILLIONAIRE and rolled the want to be in the business career. I got her set up and moved her in with Kerri and Sha. She is now at the mercy of SP. Her final traits: GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, FLIRTY, ECCENTRIC, HEAVY SLEEPER, and  DIVA. I will upload her next time I'm in game. I will post links to both mediafire and the exchange (if it works).


Grace

She graduated as Valedictorian and voted most likely to burn down the house. LOL Her final traits: LONER, SHY, CLUMSY, GOOD and GREEN THUMB.  After doing uni 3 times for Kerri and again for Davis, I opted not to send either twin there this time (a little over Uni at the moment). Grace's online 'botany' degree is totally made up LOL.


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Grace on graduating valedictorian. Can't wait to see the new baby when it comes. Carter is a cutie. To bad there is a no kids lifetime reward or an infertility cheat we can really use it in going solo. lol. Also I wonder Grace's farm house looks like. Before we know it all of Barnacle bay will be filled with vamps. Great update can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very studious with her school work, Hope not so much. She was more like great grandma Jenni and struggled.

      Carter looks just like his daddy. There need to be some way to keep them from having babies, but I don't know how yet. Might give them each the do not like kids trait or something or you're right, BB will have tons of vamp babies. Boyd and Bellisma are still having kids although they are divorced LOL

      I'll be sure to post pictures of the newest member soon.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. I guess it should have been expected after the ordeal that Grace went though, she is really withdrawing into herself to the point of becoming a recluse. She seems only happy and calm when she is alone. I feel bad for her. At least she was able to get her botany degree and she made the decision to move out of the house. I'm just not sure that living alone is the best thing for her at the moment, although a farm house sounds right up her alley.

    I'm going to miss Davis and Cora, what a great couple they made. Carter is adorable and I can't wait to see the new baby. Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah :( She has a hard time with trusting people so she doesn't let anyone in. She has her family and that's enough for her right now. :( Considering that guy was someone she would have considered a 'friend' she no longer trusts her own judgement on some things.

      She did get her degree and is now ready to attempt living on her own. If it doesn't work out, she can always move back in with her parents. The farmhouse is perfect for her. It took me a while to find one I liked, but once I did I knew it was gonna be perfect.

      I'm gonna miss them too. :( I really considered having Grace just stay with them so I could still have them around, but she needed to be on her own at some point.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Wow, Cora and Davis do love each other.

    The twins grow up into lookers, and they are totally different.

    Now you mention a farmhouse, but then leave up hanging not showing a picture. I can't wait for the next update to see Grace finally in a place of her own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah they do!!! They are always flirting, kissing, and whatever. It's nuts.

      They are both very pretty, I'm loving the genetics I've gotten so far in game. It's always scary to use EA townies. They are very different personality wise, but they work well together.

      Sorry about that. I just didn't take a picture in that round of game play. I promise to show it next update. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Funny that Davis and Cora are still like newly weds. I can't wait to see how Grace leaving and spreading her wings might change her. I do hope she can come out of her shell just a bit more. I is it possible with a mod to link the worlds in TS3? just wondering how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG they are terrible. I can't let them out of my sight for long before they are running off to get busy.

      Hopefully she'll survive on her own and start to come out of her shell. She thinks she's better, but clearly she is still dealing with what happened to her by not allowing anyone in.

      Um...as for mods, I think there's the traveller one, but I've never used it. All of my sims live in the same world even if I say otherwise for story purposes. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. University is ok, once, for like a week. haha
    Davis and Cora are lucky :)
    I am sure Grace will do well by herself.... I hope she isn't alone forever though, that would stink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man...Uni with Kerri's LTW being Major Master I had to go 3 times to get her 3 degrees. I was happy the last two were only a week long because it does get a bit boring after a while. I tried to make Davis' time there exciting.

      Davis and Cora have to be my favorite couple. They are so cute together! Grace will have to adjust to being on her own and hopefully she will find someone to spend her life with.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. LOL on the burn the house down thing.
    I'm looking forward to Grace working on the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, love some of those things they get voted. The new house will already be 'worked' on.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. She is such a sweet sister. I hope she doesn't stay painfully alone forever. It's fine being alone and wanting to be that way, but being alone and wishing you weren't... that's a bad time. Glad they graduated, burn the house down, hmm? Hopefully she eats a lot of salads with her garden produce and never gets into sculpting, cooking, or magic fire dancing.
    Just kidding, she can do whatever she wants! She should be friends with Orchid, something tells me they'd get along well. For that matter Hope and Poppy would, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a very kind soul and loves her family more than anything. They are all she surrounds herself with as she no longer has trust in the general public. :( Right now she's alone because she prefers it that way outside of being with family. The one outsider she really allowed in hurt her so she's not willing to take the chance again.

      LOL yeah burn the house down, let's hope that doesn't come true. She does need a friend in her life and Orchid would be the best fit. They can bond over plants. :D Especially with Hope no longer being in town. Hope and Poppy not sure the sim world is ready for those two. Wouldn't much be left standing in their wake. LOL

      thanks for readind.

      Delete
  8. I cant wait to see Grace living by herself, finding someone she loves and having her own family. She deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will start to learn to be independent. The someone to love is not on her radar and kids certainly aren't. LOL Hopefully she'll find someone that will make her change her mind.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Can't imagine she enjoyed being valedictorian as that usually involves speaking in front of a large crowd :D A shy loner isn't going to have an easy life, I hope she finds someone she can be comfortable around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well story-wise Hope was the only one that attended graduation. Grace was home-schooled so they just mailed her the diploma. :) But you are correct, she would have never given a speech to her entire class.

      thanks for reading

      Delete