Sunday, August 24, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.3


My house. It was quiet, secluded, and had an amazing view. Mom and Dad were both very concerned about the location, but I needed this. I didn't want neighbors close to me. Neighbors tended to be friendly, wanted to talk, that sort of thing. This place was perfect. A little beat up, but just needed some love to make it right again. Sorta like me. Once the parents realized I wasn't changing my mind on the place, Dad showed up with a moving day gift. Vormund was a retired police dog.


He'd been wounded in duty and was given an honorable discharge from the force. Dad told me that normally in those cases, the dog's partner kept the animal since they would have bonded, but in Vormund's case, his partner was fatally wounded. The police force was having an adoption day and Dad thought he was the perfect fit for me, and I couldn't agree more. We quickly became best of friends, and that first night alone, I was grateful for the company.


He slept beside me and I felt comforted by his presence. We bonded quickly, Vormund was a loyal animal, never to far off my heels. We went almost everywhere together. Being a police dog, he was already well trained, and I learned he made an excellent guard dog when he scared the crap out of my postman. I felt safe with him around and we settled into a routine.


Wake up, tend to my plants, eat breakfast and maybe go for a walk. He'd go with me to the community garden, it was a great place to fish, plus find new fruits to take for my own garden. Now that the weather was better, more people would show up, I tried to time my visits for the less active times of the day.



Some people would smile and try to talk to me and I had to force myself to be polite and at least acknowledge their greeting. I still visited my parents often to give them date night and to spend time with my younger siblings. Carter was nearly the spitting image of Dad and Erin was finally a child to get Mom's hair color. She was a cute girl and I enjoyed being around them and they both loved playing with Vor. I also spent time with Grammy and Sha, it was sad to see them getting older. Hope was doing well in Roaring Heights.


She loved her job and was dating some guy named Parker. She was very proud of me for finally moving out on my own. Baby steps. Nearly a year of living on my own and things were going well. Mom and Dad were proud of how well I'd been handling things and tried not to voice their concern over the fact that my only friend was Vor.



My garden was coming along nicely and I kept the family stocked on fresh fruits and veggies. Mom had told me to go by the farmer's market. The guy that ran the place was always looking for locally owned farmers to stock his shelves with home grown produce. I guess she and Dad were being over run with my fruits and veggies as were Grammy and Sha. At least I was helping to cut down on their grocery bill. I wasn't keen on the idea, but she talked to the guy for me, even took a sample of harvest. He was very impressed and wanted to talk things over with me. Reluctantly I agreed. My life was calm and routined, and Mom was upsetting the balance.

After dropping Vor off at the vet for his yearly check up, I headed to my meeting feeling nervous. Mom was going to be there with me, and hopefully do most of the talking. Over the years, I've learned that unexpected moments can forever alter the course of my life. I'd spent a lot of time tripping over my own two feet, coordination was not my strong suit.


Never before was it a big deal, it was simply a fact of life. Who could have guessed that being clumsy would have been one of those moments.

**A/N**
First sorry about not showing the house before. I just didn't have a picture of it at the time of the update. I did not build it. The house is Hidden Secrets by Airis6962. I made a few changes to it for my purposes.

Most of you will probably know who that winged man is so thanks Vuneca for the use of Jonas! I hope I make you proud in the portrayal of his character in my story. Be sure to check out her story.

Vormund is supposed to be a German Shepherd if you couldn't tell. LOL EA's pets sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway his name means guardian in German. I wanted something to fit his role in her life. They really do spend a lot of time together. Bonus shots of her teaching him some tricks.

Sit

Sit up

Speak

Family shots
First, Kerri **sniff sniff** she's an elder now.


Carter has aged up to child


Lastly, baby Erin the newest member of the Gruber family. She doesn't have Davis' eye nor Cora's so I'm thinking those are from Grandma Kerri. Hard to really tell with the vamp glow, but I believe Kerri again made sure her genes carried on for future generations.


Oh...one more for fun. She ran into her dad while heading to the bookstore.



21 comments:

  1. Love the update. Now I can only wonder what Jonas is doing there, hope he helps her in overcoming the pass.

    Vormund is truly a beauty. EA's dogs may look weird, but he's still lovely.

    Carter truly is a carbon copy of Davis. Lets just hope his a bit calmer where girls are concern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Jonas...well he's a great guy and I talked to Vuneca about using him. I felt like his life was cut too short so I've brought him back in this alternate world.

      Awww...he's a great dog and he and Grace have a very high relationship. She needed a friend, so Davis did good in getting him for her.

      LOL yeah he is (I've sneaked a peek in CAS) Having a Davis clone in the world...man not sure if simland can handle that.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. I had a tear in my eye when grace was talking about wanting to be alone and not have any neighbors to visit. That poor girl has had enough to deal with and Davis had the right idea by getting her the dog. Not only as protection but she needed a loyal friend and I love the way you named him, a Guardian is perfect for Grace. German Shepherds are good looking dogs, my grandfather had one named Duke that died when I was 7. Very loyal and playful dog he was. I still miss him.

    I screamed Yes! Jonas at the end! Hopefully he will be able to break that shell she is living in. Well we already know he is a sweet guy and that is perfect for Grace. You are a very talented writer and I am sure that you will do the character justice.

    Oh no Kerri is an elder :( Oh god I hate when they age up like that. At least Davis and Cora will be around for a long time. Carter does look like a mini Davis and Erin is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww....She does lead a very solitary life. She doesn't trust people and rather not be faced with any more decisions that could be life altering. Daddy does know best sometimes LOL. He doesn't want his little girl all alone so Vor is great for company and protection. He will be a great companion for her.

      We have a Shepherd now named Thor. We got him from a rescue group when he was a puppy. He's not much of a guard dog, but he's cute and the kids like him.

      LOL, yep time for Jonas to make his appearance. It will still be a while before babies come into play, but they have a lot to overcome before we can even get to that part. She has major trust issues and a wall build around herself that is at least 10 ft thick and made of solid concrete. LOL Jonas has his work cut out for him.

      I hope I do him justice. Grace needs a sweet, patient man like Jonas so while this version of him will be slightly different than Vuneca's, at his core he'll still be that caring and lovable guy we all grew to love!

      yeah :( Sadness about Kerri. I have to stop myself from making everyone vamps so they live forever LOL. I will have Davis and Cora for all generations. They will always move even if I have to leave their kids behind. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Loved the update, was one of the cosy ones that made me hope for the best for her in her future :D If Jonas if the fairy with cool hair, awesome, she could totally do with a bit of a shake up in her life :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks. She is slowly but surely working towards recovery. Being on her own is a huge step for her.

      Jonas is the fairy with cool hair. He was a heir in Vuneca's story, but sadly met an untimely demise. :( So I asked if I could bring him back to life in this alternate world and she graciously agreed. He was a super sweet guy in her story so just what Grace needs in her life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Aww, well atleast she's taking baby steps. Poor Grace.. Maybe Jonas can take her out of her shell. Although it will probably be a good long while which is very understandable. Vor is a beautiful dog speaking as someone who knows how loyal German shepherds are : ) I have a German shepherd/Beagle mix myself she's a loyal dog who'll scare anybody she doesn't know. lol, despite the fact she's a small shepherd. In other news. Kerri is a elder now... Yeah I know what you mean about not making everyone immortal. Though it is very tempting! I am looking forward to seeing more. This is beautifully written chapter can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, moving out on her own was a big deal. So far she's doing ok, but not really ready to fully face the world yet. She has her loyal and loving dog Vor, her plants, and family, she's content with her life.

      We have a shepherd too, although he's a big baby. LOL Not sure how protective he would be, but that's not why we have the doggies. He, like the other two, are around for company and to get spoiled. :)

      It was hard to see Kerri get old. Her even more than Ansley for some reason. :( But I can't keep everyone around forever, so no being turned to a vamp. She and Sha will live out their golden years together.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Glad she is making her way. Love the dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slowly but surely she's getting there. And thanks, she needed a friend.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Yay Jonas! I hope is good nature helps heal all her emotional.hurts. so happy to see him in your story. He deserves a second chance at a happily ever after :-)

    Nice dog. Great name. It is kinda hit or miss with easy animals.

    It's so sad to see founders or other fab characters age :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping true to his good nature and hopefully it will chip away at that wall Grace has built around herself. I will do my best to give him a second happily ever after. :) Thanks again for letting me use him.

      Vor is a great pet, and I'm actually doing things with him. Most times my pets were just in the background but he and Grace are always interacting. He's learned several tricks, and is learning to hunt.

      I'm going to miss Kerri and this is the downside to playing a legacy. My other story characters never die but I can't keep everyone around, so I have to let them go. At least I know they led a full life :)

      thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I hope the new contact with the farmer's market dude will help her as everyone seems to think it will. Cute how she tripped into him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only time will tell how much Jonas helps her. Cora may have been trying to set up more than her a business dealing. LOL

      She is a clumsy one, poor girl. Good thing he didn't let her face plant on the sidewalk.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. She's doing so well! She's got her feet back, has a protector, is growing and nurturing her plants which gives her responsibilities, and is holding down a house. She's got herself more or less figured out, and now she can stand to have some things (or people) come into her life. Jonas is PERFECT for her, I saw the orange and immediately knew it was him! It's good she took the time to get herself in order. Trusting others will take some time but it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...makes me wonder what books Davis was buying! Birth Control for immortals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they need some books on birth control. So far they've not had any more babies.

      So far Grace is managing life on her own. Having Vor around helps a lot! She's leading a quiet simple life just like she wants. She loves taking care of her plants and staying away from people.

      When I was thinking up what to do for her gen, I knew Jonas was the man for the job. Vuneca created an amazingly sweet and lovable character with him and his life was cut too short. I was thrilled when she allowed me to use him. He will need to be so patient, but I don't think that will be a problem for him.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  10. Love the dog and the way he sleps next to her. But its time she open herself a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needed a friend and Davis wanted her to have some protection. He does sleep right next to her keeping her comforted. Hopefully she'll come out of her shell a bit.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  11. The house looks amazing! For some reason I was expecting a tiny shack but this is beautiful! :O

    Selling her fruit and veg at the market will be good for her. For one she'll need the money, and I was hoping that she might meet someone nice but then I saw she already fell into someone, so maybe she already did :D

    The dog is too cute, I love how loyal and attached to her he is :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not a shack, but it needs some work (story-wise) and sits nearly in the middle of no-where. She didn't want neighbors.

      She will need the money, although Davis would have no trouble supporting her financially. He wouldn't even think twice about it if needed. :) She did fall into someone LOL no better ice breaker than nearly face planting on the sidewalk.

      Vor is a great dog, and exactly what she needed.

      thanks for reading

      Delete