Friday, August 29, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.4


Jonas: I gotcha.

His voice was deep and his smile was friendly. Friendly smiles meant trouble. He was touching me. His hands lingered on my waist. He was too close.

 Grace: Let go!

I pushed him away. I needed to go, this whole thing was a bad idea. I should have never listened to Mom. The guy stepped closer, frowning at me. He was going to hurt me. I put my hands up, backing away only to trip again and this time I landed flat on my butt.

Jonas: Are you ok? I didn't mean to spook you.


Again he stepped closer, putting his hand out towards me. I sat on the ground frozen, people were staring. People...for the first time I was grateful others were around. He couldn't hurt me with people around.

Cora: Grace?

I turned to see Mom running towards me. When she was within reach, I stood grabbing onto her tightly. I felt like that scared teen again when she or Dad would have to comfort me after having a nightmare.


Jonas: I'm sorry, I was only trying to help.

Cora: What happened?

 Jonas: She tripped and was about to fall, I caught her. Then she pushed me and stumbled back in the process.

I kept my face buried in Mom's shoulder, hiding my tears. I was so embarrassed. He was right, he'd only been trying to help and I over reacted.

Grace: Mom I'm going to go home. I...I can't do the meeting. Can you just tell the guy, Mr. Solo that I can't today?


I kept my back to the stranger, too ashamed to face him or to acknowledge any of the stares I'm sure I was getting. Mom smiled and wiped the stray tears from my cheeks.

Cora: You can tell him yourself honey.

She turned me to face the guy.

Jonas: Jonas Solo, it's a pleasure to meet you.

He put his hand out, giving me another friendly smile. I felt my face heat up with renewed embarrassment. When Mom told me I was meeting with the owner, I expected an older guy. The grandfatherly type. The person standing in front of me was anything but that. Not wanting to appear any ruder than I already had, I shook his outstretched hand.


Grace: Um...Gr...Grace Gruber. Uh, nice to meet you and so...sorry about...

He put his hand up to stop me.

Jonas: No harm done.

I was totally embarrassed and just wanted to go home. Mr. Solo was understanding and said we could reschedule, but Mom insisted we should just continue as planned since we were already there. Begrudgingly, I followed Mr. Solo and Mom into the building to his office. Half hour later I was contracted to bring in my harvest and I would be paid by the pound for what I brought in. I didn't really care about pricing, and let Mom do most of the talking. I was just ready to get out of there since he kept smiling at me. I said my goodbyes to Mom and promised to come over later in the week for dinner.



The incident with Jonas rattled me so Vor and I stayed at the house for a few days. I just needed time to get my bearings back. A few weeks later, I was just getting back into the swing of things. Vor and I headed out to do some early morning fishing. The sound of his barking broke through the quiet peacefulness. I turned to see him in a protective stance and the store owner standing with his hands up.


Jonas: Mind calling him off?

Grace: Wh...what do you want? Are you following me?

Jonas attempted to take a step forward but stopped when Vor growled and barked more. There was no one around, and I had to walk past him to get to my truck. I was trapped, alone in a secluded place.

Jonas: Can you tell him to stop doing that? I mean you no harm. I promise.

Grace: Vormund, come!

He instantly obeyed the command, coming to sit at my feet. Jonas visibly relaxed.

Grace: I...I have to go.

I started to walk off, taking a wide path around him. I was thankful for Vor's presence. I felt some sense of protection having him by my side.

Jonas: Don't leave. I'm sorry for scaring you.


I kept walking, hoping he'd just stop talking. I let out a yelp when he appeared in front of me. Vor starting barking again.

Jonas: Look, I'm sorry. I...I've been trying to work up the nerve to call you. I am not following you, I swear. I do this.

He waved his arms around the garden.

Jonas: I'm a fairy, we're good with plants so...I set this place up. My family owns the land. I normally come at night and heal any of the plants that look like they are dying. I hadn't been in a few days so decided to stop by this morning. So seeing you here, this morning, was a pleasant surprise but total coincidence.



I frowned and tried to keep walking. I wanted away. I needed away. Vormund picked up on my anxiety and started growling again. I'd been coming here for years, surely I'd remember seeing this fairy floating about. Although he said night...I am never out after dark. So it was possible, but still something felt off. Either way I just wanted to get home.

Grace: I...I don't know what you want, but please leave me alone.


He thankfully didn't follow me to my truck and it took all I had not to run to get there. My hands were shaking making it harder to get the key in the ignition. I turned it. It didn't start. I tried again. Still it didn't start. NO! NO! NO! Stupid thing picked now of all times to act up again. I pounded the steering wheel with my fists. I looked up to see Jonas approaching. I locked the door. Jonas got in his car, but didn't leave. A few moments later my phone buzzed.
Need a lift?

It took me a minute to figure out how he had my number. That stupid contract. It had my address as well. What if he came to the house? That thought really terrified me. No, he had weeks to do that if he was going to. Stop over reacting. I looked over to see him smiling at me. I shook my head no.

Are you sure? It's no trouble.

My hands were shaking so bad, I could hardly type. I would not make the same mistake twice. I would not be getting into the car with him.

I'm fine. You can leave.

 You seem upset and I don't feel right leaving you stranded.

I'll call a tow, or my dad, or something. It's fine.

Then I'll sit here, in my car, until someone arrives to help.

I looked over at him again, and again he gave me a friendly smile.

**A/N**
So while I was getting Jonas and Grace posed I looked over to see this:



That old man had a death wish hitting on Cora, but she turned him down!!! She still only has eyes for Davis which is a good thing.

18 comments:

  1. Aww, this chapter was sweet. Love how Jonas just want to help, but all that had happened in the pass, stop Grace from seeing that. Let hope this will soon go better, and Grace realize not all men are bad or going to attack her.

    That old chap really do have a death wish, and I would not even blame Davis if he take him out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) glad you thought so. Jonas is a sweetheart, and extremely kind soul. Grace is not trusting of any man outside of her family at this point. Jonas has an uphill battle to overcome with her and he doesn't even realize it. As long as he's patient with her, I think she'll come around eventually.

      LOL yeah that guy was pushing his luck. Cora let him know real quit she was not interested! LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Looks like Jonas has his work cut out for him and he is really going to have to earn Grace's trust. Poor Grace is always going to carry that luggage with her for the rest of her life. I have to give him credit, he has no idea what happened to her but yet is so understanding, but of course he would be he is Jonas after all.

    I really like that you are writing a rape victim true to life, this is something you just don't get over. Most of them have trust issues and do not like to be touched by anybody, which is something you have already shown with Grace.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing Jonas work some magic with Grace, this is starting out to be a very sweet love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he sure does and he doesn't even know how much. She never really got counseling for what happened. Cora tried, but Grace didn't want to talk so she stopped going. Instead she decided to shut herself off from people for the most part, she functions, but she's deeply scarred by what happened. Jonas has no clue what happened. He wasn't living in town then. He's just a caring soul and sees something in Grace that makes him want to help. Keeping very true to who Jonas is. :D Gotta make Vuneca proud!

      I try to keep somethings true to life even in a sim story. Most women never get over what happened to them and it effects them in everyday life. I didn't focus on the actual event in her beginning chapter because it could have really taken over. Instead I chose to do it as I am now, showing how what happened then still effects her now, years later. Even she didn't know how badly she was still bothered until she came in close contact with Jonas. :(

      Jonas is a sweet guy, and we'll see more of him and find out about his interest in Grace. :) I admit following Davis and Cora's story gives her big shoes to fill, but I fully believe she and Jonas are up for the challenge. :D

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Wonderful chapter. I am glad you are keeping Jonas true to his character in this alternate universe. Poor Grace alot of emotional and mental trauma there. That girl needs a good shoulder to cry on. I am sure sometime down the rode Jonas will be that good shoulder to cry on. (Probably a long while down that rode for them.) Which is understandable right now they barely know each other and she has her fears. (Which is understandable.) For now she has her mom, dad, grandparents, and siblings at least. Some never get over it.. others can over come with a good amount of therapy and time. I hope Grace could be one of those who may over come it someday or at least see that isolating herself isn't the answer. It'll be long awhile before she could though. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Jonas has alot of work on his plate that's for sure. But in the end it'll be worth it. Lol, that old man thought it could never hurt to try. But Cora turned him down, good thing Davis didn't see that. Can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I wouldn't have Jonas any other way!!! Vun created an amazingly sweet and lovable guy with him which is exactly why I wanted him for this gen.

      She leaned on her family a lot, so much they became a crutch of sorts. Moving out was a huge deal for her, but something she needed to do. She has not expanded her life much, other than living on her own, but she feels content this way.

      Therapy she wasn't really in to, so Cora quit making her go. She just wanted to bury it away and move on. She did talk to Cora about it some, but that was it. Grace has built a fortress around herself and Jonas will have a lot to overcome just to gain her trust.

      LOL that old man was hitting on the wrong one for sure!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. WOW, I can so feel how she's feeling, poor thing, I hope that she can learn to trust soon. It is so hard to get back once it's lost.
    Jonas seems to be so nice, I hope he is very much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully with Jonas being so patient (without knowing the story) she'll see that not all men are bad and will learn to trust him.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Poor Grace, I wonder if she will ever trust a man again or if what happened has her forever unable to thus unable to know love. Jonas seems so sweet in wanting to help her...hmm maybe he can heal more than the plants. Someone did have a death wish hitting on Cora, but I am happy to hear she only has eyes for Davis. I can't wait to see what unfolds between Jonas and Grace. I am curious about what is going on with her twin as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not been faced with that option before because she's avoided it at all costs! No one in her family want to see her alone, so they are hoping she will eventually come out of her shell, but aren't forcing the issue.

      Jonas is a sweet guy, good through and through. She needed someone like that to come into her life. She just doesn't know it yet LOL.

      LOL yeah that old guy thought he could hook a younger woman, he was wrong! LOL.

      I'll try to mention more on Hope, she's at the mercy of SP and there haven't been many pop ups about her around town.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. He is totally clueless, but he's up for the challenge.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. I like in the last picture of Grace and Jonas, Vor is thinking "fairy?"
    I sense a long running friendship will have to develop very slowly to heal Grace. Whether she ever gets married or gets into a relationship, I don't really know. But I think Jonas is going to show her that the vast majority of people gave kind intentions in their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Vor was on high alert! He's just what she needed in life and he did his job well.

      Things will move slowly an develop over time. Earning her trust won't be an easy task, but if he's patient and takes his time, the reward will be great. A relationship is no where on her radar and heck neither is friendship at this point, but you are right, Jonas will show her that not all men are out to hurt her. She needs her trust in people restored.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. She is so frightened..... Vor is a great companion to her, and I think that's all she needs right now. Mr Fairy Store Owner best back off a bit or he might get a nasty warning from Vor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah she is. She does not trust men at all. Vor is a great dog and did his job well. LOL Jonas knows he will have to tread carefully or Vor will have Fairy for dinner. hahahaha

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Oh poor Jonas, he surely can't understand her reaction. In the same time I think he'd be able to help her gets over her sad past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas has no idea, but he senses something. Hopefully he'll be patient enough to wait her out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete