Sunday, November 9, 2014

Erin bachelorette challenge: Intro


Turning thirty really makes you reflect on your life. In high school I dated off and on but it was never anything serious, mainly because Dad was so overprotective. Learning about Grace's attack made his actions somewhat understandable, but still annoying. My longest boyfriend was in college, but after graduation I came back home and he moved to Bridgeport. We tried the long distance thing for a short while before he eventually called it quits.


I'd done the online dating thing a bit, but there really was never any spark with the guys. Most of them were creepers looking for a 'hook-up' and not a real relationship. I'm not a prude by any means, but I also am a bit selective in who I became intimate with. I was thirty years old, still living at home with my parents and unattached.

Family gatherings always made me the odd man out as everyone was coupled up and had kids. With the way Mom and Dad still went at it, I'm surprised they hadn't had more. It was a major downside to living at home. I thought about buying my own place, but since I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay in Barnacle Bay or move like Hope had, I stayed at home, in limbo, unable to make a decision.

Wanting a change of scenery for a bit, I decided to go visit Hope and Caleb for a while. Aurora Skies was beautiful and it was good to see my big sister, and Uncle Nick. Not to mention spoiling Trevor. While I was there she suggested I apply to be the next bachelorette on The One. I still watched that show and although most of the couples weren't still together, Hope and Caleb were a success story, as was her friend Lenora and Tyrone. It couldn't hurt right? I mean it's not like I was working since I hadn't really found my calling yet, being the baby had it's perks. Mom and Dad never asked when I was gonna move or even get a job since it wasn't like we were hurting for money. Dad owned the Moonlight Falls Phantoms and mom was chief of staff at the hospital.


So I sat at home, hung out with my friends, went on the occasional date, and played my music really loud to drown out the sounds of my parents getting busy. Hope helped me fill out the application while I was there, about a month later I got the call that I'd been chosen. I was excited. The first call was to Hope to let her know, the hard part came next. Telling Mom and Dad. Mom I didn't worry about, it was mostly Dad.


"So...I have something to tell you both."

"Are you pregnant?" Mom asked.

"What? No!"


"Good because I'd hate to have to kill some poor kid."

I just rolled my eyes...Dad would never change. Sure they lectured Carter when he got Cheryl pregnant, but it was mild compared to how he acted with us girls. Go figure he gave us a hard time and it was his son that had the child out of wedlock.

"Anyway...when I was visiting Hope she suggested I apply for The One."


"That dating show? I won't watch another one of my daughters throw themselves at some guy!"

"You won't have to," I replied smiling.

"Oh, honey were you not selected?"

"No, I was, Mom, but not as a contestant...I'm going to be the bachelorette. The guys will be throwing themselves at me. See, Daddy, that's better right?"


Both sat there speechless for a moment. If not for their super sonic hearing, I would have thought they didn't hear what I'd said.

"Nope, you can't go. No way no how. No!" Dad said speaking up finally. "I will not allow you to do...that...no. Watching your sister was bad enough and that was just one guy. And she suggested this? She's grounded. Call and tell her she's grounded!"


"Davis, you can't tell her she can't go," Mom replied totally ignoring his grounded comment.

"Isn't that a perk to being her father, to forbid her from doing things I don't like?!"

"Yes, when she wasn't a grown woman, which, whether you like it or not, she is now."

That talk went exactly like I'd imagined it would go. Mom really should have been up for sainthood or something for putting up with Dad and all his craziness for so many years. Once Mom was done consoling Dad, we talked about when I would leave. This season's show was being taped in the Caribbean town of Sulit Tides. Not the best place for a vamp, but it would be a pretty location to explore.


Four weeks later I arrived at the house. It was large, and sat right on the beach. I had two days to settle in before the guys were set to arrive.


I spent the first day exploring the house.


My room set apart from the rest in upstairs part of the guest house. Downstairs was an indoor spa and sauna.


There were three bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs in the main house, along with a TV/gaming area.


Downstairs was the open concept kitchen area, a dining room. There was also a game room and small work out room.


Outside was the pool area and a covered deck that had a massage table. Hopefully that would get lots of use.


The 'date' room sat apart from the rest of the house to allow for more privacy for the one on one get to know you sessions that would happen throughout the 6 weeks I was here. After I got settled, I called home.


It would be only only allowed contact with my family until after the show was complete. Everyone was excited, well except Dad, and they said they were all going to be sure to tune in each week.


The second day, I went out to explore the town a bit. It truly was a beautiful place and I could see myself living here long term. I hit up a few of the touristy places then stopped by the store. I made sure to stock up on plasma fruit and juice. The producers frowned upon me feeding from the guys, unless they offered up a vein. If they wanted to be generous, then I could indulge.


Once back at the house I read up on each guy. The producers had given me a file folder with their basic information. They were all so different and each had something different to offer. I liked the idea of a large variety to pick from. Even if I didn't find true love, having the attention of 10 handsome men would be fun.




After dinner, I took some time to relax in the hot tub before calling it a night. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day and I wanted to be well rested.

**A/N**

Since I did end up with 10 wonderful bachelors for this challenge, the first elimination day will have 2 that leave the house.

Also each elimination will follow a 'week' of interaction. In keeping with the TV show format I'm treating each day as if a week has passed in the house.

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Awesome! So glad you got this up. :) Can't wait to see all the guys and Erin's reactions to them. Cora better get out the smelling salts because Davis is gonna need them, I imagine. LOL! Great start to a fun challenge and can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slow going, but I'm getting there. I should have the meet the guys up tomorrow.

      Davis, yeah he's not a happy camper at all. One day he'll learn to accept his daughters are going to date.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Lol, "she's grounded" Oh, Davis you'll never change. Nice intro! I hope Erin can find true love with one out of those ten gentlemen. Where did you get that house? Just curious. Good luck to Erin and all the men! Hopefully all will go well. Great start can't wait to see the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah...he still refuses to see his girls as adults. Hopefully Erin can find love, if she can't then it will be a very sad challenge.

      I answered the house comment on the thread, it is one found in Sunlit Tides. I should be releasing the meet the guys chapter tomorrow.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for Davis who is about to go through watching The One again or Hope who is grounded LOL! Oh Poor Davis will never change and we hope that he doesn't as we all love him. That silence must have been deafening when she told them she was going to be the bachelorette.

    Erin looks very pretty and I love the house, it really looks nice. Did you build that or download it? Can't wait to see her meet the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL probably Davis as Hope live a couple of thousand miles away, she's not worried about him trying to enforce that. Davis will always look at his girls as his babies such a change from his early years of never wanting kids.

      They were both shocked that she was going on that show. They want their kids to be happy, but to have 2 of them on a show like that was unexpected. I answered the house comment on the thread. Erin had to be a proper beach make over and I am loving that mod since she's out in the sun a lot.

      Meet the boys should be up tomorrow.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, poor Erin having to live with a very... 'active' Mum and Dad!! Bless her, she must have the patience of a saint for not having moved out already! I've got my fingers crossed for her that she'll find Mister Right in this, and am a little giddy myself to see how things turn out :D Good luck to all the contestants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that's the cost of living at home rent free. She could move if she wanted but why pay bills and such if you don't need to.

      I'm hoping she finds Mr. Right as well. Letting the sims go is crazy it goes against everything in me to just sit back and watch.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. It sounds like Erin doesn't really need help finding a man, she just needs help finding a man who will stick around. She sort of eludes to dating around, but I can't blame her for wanting more. What with her parent's sickeningly sweet romance, Hope and Caleb's dream-life, and now Grace and Jonas' happily ever after. I have a feeling Davis is going to have a harder go of it this time around. Something just tells me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Erin hasn't had the best luck in dating and is surrounded by couples. Well other than Carter, but actually he is in one as well (just not in the story) since he's married to Wind.

      She's hoping to find love and since things worked out so well for Hope, why not give it a go.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. I could never do this irl. I don't think I could take that much attention.

    This should be fun to watch. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL those shows are nuts! But this challenge was fun to watch when Piazzagirl did it, so I thought I'd give it a go as well.

      Letting your sims go and be mostly on free will...that's hard for me.

      thanks for reading

      Delete