Saturday, November 15, 2014

Erin bachelorette challenge: The finale


"Honey you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah Mom, I think it's time for me to go."

"But, Roaring Heights? Why not buy a place here, stay close."


Mom who had always been so supportive of our decisions was having a hard time with me leaving. I was the baby of the family, and she was not looking forward to being an empty nester. I needed a change, a break from things. I loved my family, but being around nothing but couples was weighing on me. Dad also wasn't happy with the idea of my leaving but I needed to branch out. Hope said she liked Roaring Heights. Palm trees, night clubs, fun times. Lots of opportunity for me to figure out what I wanted to do in life.

So I bet you're wondering how I got here; back home and still alone.

The final week in Sunlit Tides didn't bring me any clarity.


Each of them were special to me and I just couldn't make a choice. Picking one meant hurting the other three. Well two...Gabe and I had a talk and he took himself out of the equation.


It wasn't that he didn't like me, but he felt the same way I did. There could be something there if we really worked at it, but for the most part we mutually understood we'd be better at friends. Plus the idea of a wife and kids were more his parents wants than his.


I wished him well and he left. I tried everything I could think of to make a decision. More one on one time with the guys only made things worse. I spent more time upset than enjoying myself. I never expected it to be so hard.


When the time came, I finally picked no one. It was a sad day, and a first in the history of The One. Even if the couples didn't stay together after the show, there was always someone picked. I felt so terrible not being able to make a choice.


America had made their pick on who they felt I would be better suited with, but even that didn't help me. I had private goodbyes with each guy. It was hard and tears were shed. They were all so sweet and understanding which only made me feel so much worse.


When I got back, Dad didn't mention my time on the show. I'm sure there were moments when he went off the deep end, but seeing the final episode and knowing how I felt, he didn't say anything. Instead he was a great daddy and comforted me, telling me the right guy was out there for me and I was going to find him one day. Problem was I had, but I let him go since I couldn't make a decision. I was listless for about a month not really wanting to do anything.


After the final show aired I got calls from Hope and Caleb, he understood about all the confrontations and how they could wear you down. Hope said she could see why I had such a hard time making a choice. She actually thought for a while that Marty was going to be the natural victor with all the times he sought me out and there was time I felt the same way. Jonas called to apologize for Brenton's behavior. He didn't know his cousin well, but he said he was surprised at his actions. I celebrated with the family for Matt's birthday and occasionally went out with friends.


Tomorrow I would be leaving to start my life in Roaring Heights. I hadn't nailed down a job, but I figured I'd do that when I got there. Mom and Dad would be funding my move. Mom was helping me finish my packing when we heard the doorbell.


"What are you doing here?" Dad asked, not sounding friendly at all.

"I...um...I'm looking for Erin."

I knew that voice, hard to forget it after a month and a half of hearing it.

"She's not here so leave!"

I exited my room quickly heading towards the front door.


"Cal?!"

He tried to stepped forward but Dad blocked his path. "Not so fast buddy!"

"Davis. Let the young man in."

"What? No, not after the way he talked to my baby. He must have a death wish showing up here!"


Dad leveled his gaze directly at Cal who took a step back.

"Dad!" I pushed past him so that I was standing face to face with Cal.

I never expected to see him again. I'd not been in contact with any of the guys other than Gabe. Our friendship had grown. He was doing well and dating someone back at home. I figured the others were upset with me over how things ended and I couldn't blame them, but here stood Cal. Sweet, cute, funny Cal.


"What are you doing here? And how did you find me?" I asked pulling him to the porch. Mom pulled Dad inside and closed the door.

"You told me you were from Barnacle Bay...I...I did some googling," he said looking a bit embarrassed. "Since your sister was on the show, the article she was featured in popped up along with the picture of the house. Man...now that I say that it sounds a bit stalker like." His face flushed with color and I hid my smile behind my hand. He had apparently gone through a lot of trouble to find me. "I've written you at least a dozen emails."

"I never got any emails."

"That's because I didn't send them. I wasn't sure if you wanted to see me or hear from me so they just sat in my draft folder."


"Of course I would have loved to hear from you. I hoped we were at least friends after all this, but...Gabe is the only one to contact me. I took the hint."

"Gabe...so you and he are..."

"Friends. We chat every so often, but that's it."

"Oh...good. Glad you're still single. Well not like that...just...crap this isn't sounding right. I came here thinking I'd be all smooth and instead I'm all tongue tied."

"Why are you here?"


"Well...after the show apparently since I was people's choice the producers approached me about being the next bachelor."

"So you came all the way here just to let me know you were going back on the show?" Jealousy spread through me like wildfire. The idea of some other woman finding her happiness with Cal made me see red.

"I thought about it, and decided it would be a waste of time since I'd already found the one for me."


He flashed me that dimpled grin I'd grown to love and I got butterflies in my stomach. Seeing him again brought back all the feelings I'd had for him in Sunlit Tides. I was crazy for not making the choice then. I had a connection with each of the guys, but Cal with his cheesy pick up lines and funny jokes had wormed his way into my heart. I just was too scared to go for it at the time.

"So, what are you saying?" I asked feeling hopeful I was going to get a second chance.

"I'm hoping for a chance. For us to date, and see where that takes us. I don't care that you couldn't decide before. We start fresh and see what happens. What'd ya say?"



I threw my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist holding me tightly. He smelled like the beach on a warm summer day; a light, fresh breezy scent with a hint of salt water. I'd missed that scent.

**A/N**

So that ends Erin's challenge. She really couldn't decide and had wants to date both Marty and Cal. They were the front runners for her. The vote made the choice for her since she wouldn't. Cal was people's choice so he became Erin's choice by default. Thank you all for your votes. Since this is a wishacy they won't get married or anything unless one of them wants it. While Marty was the one to seek her out the most and rolled some wants for her (kiss, flirt, woo-hoo), Cal actually rolled the want to date wish for her right after that first flirt day. Because they both had the want to date wishes while in Sunlit Tides, I went ahead and made them a couple. Their wants will have to dictate the rest of their relationship.

Since Gabe got the least amount of votes, I had him bow out of the competition.

SP update on the guys that moved out prior to this update.
Brenton: Single. He's dated a bit, but they don't last.
King: Married
Bert: Engaged
Mickey: Girlfriend
Fidel: Girlfriend
Silvan: Married and has a baby.

Thank you again everyone who donated sims for Erin. You all made things really hard on her and the ending strayed from the 'norm' as per the guidelines for this challenge, but I really shot myself in the foot with that last one on one date. LOL If I ever do this again, I will know not to go that route!

18 comments:

  1. N'aww, that gave me butterflies, hehe :3 I'm so glad she and Cal get to be happy together now, he sure is a cutie! I hope things go well, wishacies can easily go either way! One piece of advice - ignore the midlife crisis wishes, or you'll end up with a lot of renovations, new cars, new outfits and cheaters. And we wouldn't want that now that they've found each other ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad you liked the outcome. She and Cal can now live their lives in Roaring Heights taking on the world there. They will pop up at times in the going solo universe when that's called for.

      I hope they are okay with the wishacy since it's hands off as well. I had that problem with the mid life crisis in my first attempt. Luckily her panel was full and I never had to worry about them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. I was hoping that possibly Cal would take her on a solo date and they would run away together for one last wild fling. Then she'd realize he was good for a fun time but not forever, and she'd settle down with Gabe. Looks like part of that sort of came true! Good luck erin, and I hope Cal can run faster than Davis (not likely!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL one last fling? Aww you liked Gabe that much huh? I can ask his creator if she doesn't mind sharing if you want him in your going solo world at some point. Just let me know.

      Nope he won't be able to run faster than Davis so he better treat her right or he'll be sleeping with the fishes LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. What a sweet ending to an unexpected turn of events. I'm glad he came looking for her. That really means something. Will you be writing a story for their wishacy or is it going to be a for fun game? I'm sure she'll pop up in your GS either way ;-)

    Question for you and PG if she reads this (or anyone else with the know-how for that matter):
    How do you move them to another world for the contest then back again without ruining existing relationships? Are you using a MOD or some other cheatery to do it? I am planning on doing a bachelorette for Fatima but I don't want to lose their familial relations along the way. (i learned that the hard way with Wilson flirting with Wind all the time).Thanks for any advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved her to Sunlit Tides for the purposes of the challenge. I saved her to my bin and then just plopped her down in the new world. It's easier to move the winner into the main world after the fact and adjust that relationship. So Cal has been put into Barnacle Bay as her boyfriend. While she was in Sunlit Tides she didn't have any family relations just the guys. Hope that made sense.

      Glad you liked the ending. It was hard for Erin to make a choice so she made no choice. She thought it was easier that way for them, but she was unhappy once she returned home. Cal wasn't ready to just let her go, so he came for her. :) I'm not sure how much of a story it will be, more a retelling of what happens in game mostly, but you will get shots and updates of them. Yes both will make appearances now in Going Solo when family get togethers are called for.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Hey Vuneca,

      To answer your question, you can download Nraas "Traveler" and it'll keep your Sims' relationships/family histories and such and allow you to move between towns.

      You can find it here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jazen and Daijav for the input! Very helpful :-)

      Delete
    4. Vuneca I moved mine differently. I copied the main save file as I would a clone file and changed to Caleb's household. I had Caleb move to Monte Vista using the phone and added the girls later on. When the challenge was finished I just added Hope to the main file and fixed the relationship.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! That sure didn't turn out like I expected, but the twist was neat. With a challenge like this, anything can happen. It'll be interesting to see how things go between them. It definitely wasn't cut and dry like it was for Caleb's and Lenora's challenges, but it can't always be, I suppose.

    I liked Marty and I also really loved Gabe. I'd definitely like to use him in a story if the creator doesn't mind sharing him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the twist. Erin couldn't decide so the viewers picked for her. Not to mention Cal was the only one that ever rolled the want to date wish for her. Guess it was fate. Now they will live (hopefully happily) in Roaring Heights.

      Marty will be seen again later in Going Solo when I need a wolf. He is a good looking sim so I need to have those genes in my game! I shared Gabe on the thread with the permission of DJ :) so enjoy him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Oh I so loved the way you ended this, it was so sweet to see Cal come to find her. I had to laugh when Davis was ready to throw him out. He will never change. LOL!

    I can't wait to see their life in Roaring Heights and I'm interested to see how the wishacy goes. I haven't played one of those yet so I will be watching to see if I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She couldn't make a decision so she didn't pick anyone. Davis was not about to let that man in his house LOL but Cal came to get his woman even if he had to risk being lunch hahahaha

      I'll hopefully get it started soon. I was trying to play out Grace for a while to finish off her job but my game didn't like me today. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Loved the nice twist to this challenge. But you handled the tie the best way possible. I was team Mars. But I feel the best man for Erin did win out. So much like Davis ready to throw Cal out. Just like the over protective daddy he is! Now let's see their happily ever after in roaring heights! Can't wait to see it : ) and of course the witch and vamp babies. Whenever they roll wants to have babies that is. Off to read Grace's update now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I made things more complicated, I like doing things the hard way apparently. LOL Mars held in there surprisingly. He was always sweet to Erin until that final time when he yelled at her. The only time he did that. I guess the pressure was getting to them all by that point.

      LOL Davis...he'll never change. He knows Cal's womanizing ways and doesn't want someone like that around his baby. He likes to forget the was that way and I'm sure many a dad didn't want him around their daughters as well.

      I've got to get them all set up in Roaring Heights and kick off the wishacy.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. hurrray! I liked him :)
    Dad is so bad *LOL* what an overly protective father,,, as if he was so innocent. yeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's because he wasn't so innocent that he's so over protective. He doesn't want his girls ending up with guys like him in his younger days. So far each of his girls have ended up with very good men so he has nothing to worry about.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Yay! I Haven't commented on the last ones because I want to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete