Monday, November 10, 2014

Erin bachelorette challenge: Meeting the guys


I woke up feeling refreshed, but nervous. I headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day. In a few hours I would meet the men I'd be spending the next several weeks with. After reading up on each of them, I was happy to see there was just a variety of men that had applied. They were each so different and I loved the idea of getting to know so many unique guys. Most of the guys in Barnacle Bay were the same. Small town guys whose families had been there for years. They were nice, but kinda boring. None of the guys I would be meeting today sounded boring at all.


I got a chance to talk to Mom and Dad one last time, Dad told me it was not too late to back out and come home. He actually preferred I did just that, but he'd have to get over it. One would think with Grace and Hope both married and Carter a single father, that Dad would be used to this by now. When the call was done, Taryn, my 'handler', chick took my phone. I was officially cut off. She would be around if I needed anything, and was the one in charge of making sure all the activities were on schedule. It was still weird to think I was in a house that had cameras hidden everywhere but the bathrooms. Talk about 'big brother' watching your every move.


I had about an hour to myself before the first guy was set to arrive so I spent it testing out the gaming system the house had. Thanks to Dad, I was a pro at most of the games and I had no doubt I'd run circles around the guys. Fifteen minutes before the first guy was due, Taryn came to 'pretty' me up more which meant the make-up artist tried to kill me with power. It was show time. The guys were set to arrive ten minutes apart. That way each guy got a chance to introduce themselves and tell me one thing that wasn't in the bio. First to arrive was Bert Windfall.

Bio:
Age: 38
Bert is one of 6 children and a vampire. His parents divorced after 100 years of marriage. His father had a bit of a wandering eye, among other body parts, and after his half-sister, Faith, was born his mom finally decided she'd had enough. Bert is a widower, having lost his wife a few years back to electrocution. Bert is a good guy looking to settle down and start a family.

With us both being vamps, that would give us something in common to talk about. I remember Caleb's time on the show, I hope I don't run into the same accusations those ladies kept throwing at him. It's not like we can help what we are anymore than they can help being what they are. He looked just like his picture. One of my fears was that the guys had used old pictures of them during better years like some of the guys from the online dating sites. Bert, however, had not and that was a relief.


He gave me a large smile when he saw me. Reaching for my hand, I thought he was going to shake it, but instead he kissed my knuckles. He was a gentleman, Dad should like that.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Erin."

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. You wanna tell me a little about yourself?"

"Um, one thing not in the bio...I'm a vegan vampire. I don't drink from humans or animals, strictly the engineered stuff for me."


"Oh...do drink from other vamps?" I'd experimented with that in college and really liked it.

"Nope, never."

"Well good thing the producers have a fully stocked bar of plasma juices and fruits for you."

He smiled again, it was a nice smile, before heading into the house. I didn't mind the plasma options, but I did like drinking right from the source at times as well. I wondered how he'd feel about that.

Next bachelor was Cal Matthews. Damn! His picture didn't do him justice. He...was...hot!!! I hoped he'd be like Caleb, and walk around shirtless, A LOT!

Bio:
Age 32
Cal Matthews was born and raised in the northern city of Bridgeport. The youngest of a family of 6, 5 girls and 1 boy, he learned quickly how to make himself stand out in a crowd. He accomplished his goal by never backing down from a challenge; the crazier the better. Always the class clown, Cal has a sense of humor that could bring anyone to tears. But he also has a softer side and is a great listener. Thanks to the number of women in his household, Cal’s a great cook, knows how to knit a sweater and can take care of house.

A man that looks good, can cook and make me laugh. He sounded almost too good to be true. He was a warlock, and that made me think of Grandma Sha. Being a bit on the childish side at times, she loved to cast joke spells on us.


He had the cutest boyish grin and dimples. He was very yummy indeed and looked nothing like the guys from Barnacle Bay. He had that bad boy vibe with the tattoo and long hair.

"Erin, my queen of the night. Already reading my mind," he said with a wink.

"What?" I asked laughing.

"Blue, it's my favorite color. Your shirt reminds me of the ocean. And baby, I want to get lost at sea."


I laughed hard at the cheesiness of that line. I could already hear Dad having a fit when this aired.

"Well, I aim to please."

"I think it's meant to be," he replied giving me a lopsided grin before heading into the house.

Cal was certainly confident and full of life, made me wonder why he came on a show like this, he couldn't have problems getting women.

I took a few deep breaths to recompose myself before meeting the next bachelor, Marty Wood.

Bio:

Age 28
Marty is a werewolf originally from Moonlight Falls but now makes his home in Aurora Skies. He likes to play computer games, play guitar, helps his father with his crazy inventions and no one is to ever call this brave man a chicken. He is truly a man born way ahead of his time.  Marty has never been popular with the ladies and he is looking for just the right lady to fill his lonely nights with love.

A werewolf was a fun addition to the house. My experience with was limited to Hope's in-laws. Sandi and Starr were both nice and it was probably wrong of me to say, but Wolfie was a hottie even though he was old enough to be my grandfather. Knowing Marty would have those same great genes was exciting. I couldn't believe I'd never met him when I went to visit Hope. When he stepped out of the car my eyes were drawn to his broad shoulders.


Wolves were always known to be in shape and that was a good thing. I had a weakness for rock hard abs and well defined arms. Spending time in the pool to gawk at all these guys was high on my to-do list.

"You are a vision of beauty."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," I replied with a giggle. Oh yeah this was gonna be fun.

"I'll be sure to remember that. So, I'm supposed to tell you some deep dark secret."

"Yeah, something like that."


"Well, behind this handsome face lies the heart of a little geek. Astronomy is my hidden passion. There is so much in the universe we don't know about and I just love discovering new things."

The way he looked me up and down made me think those things didn't necessarily have to do with the stars. Mom always said it was great to learn and I'd be happy to have him teach me a thing or two.

Next contestant to arrive was Mickey Seaworth. He had an interesting story as he came from a family of mermaids, but the gene skipped him.

Bio:

Age 31
He grew up in Isla Paradiso with two sisters and his parents, so he knows what it's like living with women surrounding him! The plot of land his parents bought before he was born is right by the sea, and from a very young age he got used to being on the beach, in hot weather, ready to go for a swim whenever he wanted. He may not be as natural at swimming and deep-sea diving as his mermaid sister and mermaid father, but he caught on pretty quickly regardless with teachers like that. He had a secret crush on the same girl all throughout college but never said anything. Watching her date and eventually marry someone else made him realize life was too short. He's now grabbing life by the horns and trying to find his one true love.

The first thing I noticed about Mickey were his light gray eyes. I don't know why, but they just drew me in. Next was his friendly smile.


His bio said he liked to swim, and his muscular legs and arms were proof of this. I wondered if I could talk to Taryn and make it a rule that all the guys had to be shirtless for the duration of the taping. I'm sure she'd probably tell me no, something about sexism and blah blah blah stuff, but still it was a crime to have these guys covered up.

"I've never met a vampire before."

"No worries, I only bite if you want me to."

Of the guys that arrived so far, he was the first one to seem nervous. He gave a little laugh at my joke and appeared to relax a bit.

"Um, on the car ride over I kept thinking about what to tell you. I pretty much put everything in my bio."


"I'm sure there is a lot more to you than a couple of paragraphs," I said smiling.

"Yeah, right, um...I am a film buff. I like old movies the best, the classics, but will watch just about anything."

"Fun. I like romantic comedies the best followed by the action packed action film."

He smiled learning we might have things in common. Mickey seemed like a sweet guy, and I looked forward to getting to know him better.

Of the guy's I'd read up on last night, bachelor #5 was the most surprising name. Brenton Solo. The only family I'd met of Jonas' was his grandmother and great-grandfather at Grace's wedding. Brenton was Jonas' cousin, although the two of them aren't very close since Jonas moved away when he was just a toddler. 

Bio: 

Age 38
Born to a human father and fairy mother. Brenton has felt like the outsider in the family being the only human among the fairies. His father died when he was just a teenager. Brenton has always had an interest in other life-states with a particular interest in vampires. Living in Dragon Valley now, he likes to spend his free time working on fixing up old cars. He finds quiet comfort around the mechanics as it helps keep his temper in check.


The first thing I noticed when he stepped out of the car was the family resemblance to Jonas. The Solo men were another bunch with great genes. Brenton might be the only guy here that Dad would probably have the easiest time approving simply by his relation to Jonas and how he'd helped Grace.


I however, would be judging him on his own merit. Being family doesn't make you alike, I knew that with the range in personalities with me and my siblings.

"Erin, I'm so happy to meet you," he said giving me a large smile.

"Nice to meet you as well."

"You are very attractive."

"Thank you, you aren't so bad yourself."


He smiled again. "So...something about me. I don't get sunburns. I can be outside in the sun without sunblock for hours and won't end up looking like a lobster."

"Well, that is a handy trait considering we'll be spending a lot of time outside."

"You, in a bikini, by the pool?"

"If you're lucky."

I laughed to myself as he walked up the steps into the house. I had a great mix of guys and I hoped they all got along. I remember all the fights the ladies got into when Hope was on the show, but in most seasons, the guys acted better and I don't recall many fist fights. I hoped that would be the case with the guys I have. Next to arrive was Silvan McBeth. He was from Scotland and I was eager to hear him talk. Men with accents just upped the sex appeal for some reason.

Bio:

Age 136
Silvan is a fairy from Scotland. He is a self-proclaimed reformed Casanova. He grew up in a small township and was considered the most eligible bachelor in town, only Silvan had no plans to settle down. His philandering ways caught up to him when he broke the heart of the daughter of the queen. Silvan was banished from his country when he refused to marry the princess. Realizing the error of his ways, Silvan wants to prove to the family he shamed, that he is ready to settle down and be a responsible adult.

His eyes. I'd never seen anyone with eyes so blue. They were stunning. The next were his wings, a very vibrant red. I knew from talking with Grace they matched a fairy's aura. His were the color of passion and after reading is bio, I would have to agree.

"Such a beautiful lass," he greeted kissing my hand.


That accent...yeah men with accents were sexy and I could listen to him talk all day.

"I expected you to have lost your accent having lived in the states for so long."

"My dear lady, I've lived all over, but my accent is the last bit of home I retain."

I had to stop myself from giggling like a schoolgirl.

"I must reveal some hidden fact?"


"Yes."

"I have had world-renowned chefs tell me I make the most succulent steak they've ever tasted."
 
"I 'd love to sample that one day. I would take mine rare of course."

"It would give me great pleasure to cook for you, just say the word."

He kissed my hand again before heading into the house.

All these guys, I was in heaven so far and still had four more to meet. Gabe Franklin was next to arrive. He was a firefighter. A man in uniform...yum. I had images of him shirtless in those suspender fire pants with a little dirt on his face. Hot!
Bio:

Age 31
Gabriel Franklin was born and raised in the Midwestern city of Appaloosa Plains. The only son of Craig and Tina Franklin, Gabe grew up in the shadow of his older sister Rebecca “Becky” Franklin. As teens, they often competed with one another, pushing their limits to outdo the other. When Becky announced to the family that she was joining the academy to become a firefighter, Gabe looked at it as another challenge. Being the last male in the family's line his parents are putting the pressure on him to give them grandchildren. Gabriel was unaware he was even a contestant until the producers called to ask him to fly out to Sunlit Tides. Now he is here, and ready to compete to win the heart of the beautiful bachelorette and, hopefully, keep his parents off his back.

When Gabe walked up the path I was slightly disappointed he wasn't dressed like I'd imagined. Instead he was was fully clothed. There was plenty of time to have him shirtless over the course of the next few weeks. I smiled at that thought.


"That smile of yours is brighter than the sun," he grinned broadly displaying a perfect set of dazzling white teeth.

"Yours isn't so bad either."

"I know this initial time with you is limited, so I'll be quick. I am more than just a pretty face. Around the firehouse I am known for the my awesome skills in the kitchen. Most importantly my homemade spaghetti sauce."


"Do you cook wearing a cute frilly apron?" I joked.

"Not normally, but for you I could wear that and nothing else."

My face heated up at his bold statement and he gave me a wink before heading into the house.

The next guy I was most nervous about meeting. The minute I saw the name Yarvari I thought about Peyton. She was a violent girl and was always slapping Hope as well as the other ladies. I knew I had no control over what bachelors the Producers thought I'd be a good fit with, but I seriously considered asking them to reconsider. However, it would not be fair to Fidel to judge him based off his sisters actions.

Bio:

Age: 26
Growing up in a small town and large family, Fidel had to get creative in order to stand out.  Because of his antics, his family likes to call him the 'diva' of the family, although he would disagree. He is a man with large dreams of ruling his own empire one day and hopes to find the right woman to rule by his side.

The first thing I noticed was he wasn't a fairy. Coming from his family I assumed he would be, but I guess like vampire-ism, the fairy gene isn't a guarantee if both parents aren't fairies.


"Nice to meet you Erin. I was nervous about this, because of my infamous sister, but I promise I'm nothing like her."

"No worries," I replied kindly.


"Oh, good. Well, um unknown fact. When I was a kid I dreamed of being an astronaut. Being out in space, possibly discovering some new galaxy, it was an exciting dream."

"Why'd you give it up?"

"You grow up, mature, and get new dreams," he replied with a warm smile.

Eight guys so far, I had two more to meet. Mars Nielsen was next to arrive. He was the oldest of the humans that were on the show and the only one to have a child. I could be sure that Dad was not going to be happy about this.

Bio:

Age: 50
N. Mars Neilsen is the proud father of one girl. He is a man of the world that has seen and done a lot during his time in the military. His daughter Leann signed him up for the show since she thought her father had sacrificed enough of his years helping others. Mars is looking for a special woman to spend his golden years with and maybe travel the world.

Mars was a very nice looking man. He certainly didn't look his age, not a single gray hair in sight, but he did carry an air of maturity about him that was different from the other bachelors I'd met so far.


"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance young lady."

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

"We were given rules on the way over, and I like to stick to the rules. Shellfish is a no for me. I am horribly allergic."


"Oh dear. I've heard allergies can be dangerous to humans."

"Yes, but I know what to avoid and carry the necessary meds."
 
"That's good. I would hate for something to happen to you."

"My dear I survived the military and even worse, raising a teenage daughter," he replied with a smile.

He seemed like a nice man and I looked forward to getting to know him better.

Last but certainly was bachelor number 10, King Lucas.

Bio:

Age 30
Some might confuse this handsome devil for royalty but truth be told he is just an average Joe. This 30 year old who was born in Riverview has had his heart broken more times than he can count and was almost ready to give up on love altogether. A friend encouraged him to apply for The One and that is when he decided to take another chance on finding love. Afterall every King needs a Queen.

King looked like a really nice guy when he stepped out of the car. He had friendly eyes and a warm smile as he approached me.
"You're picture failed to do your beauty justice."


"How kind of you to say that."

"I only speak the truth."

"Well feel free to keep expressing yourself, you can never go wrong with compliments."

"I'll be sure to do just that. I hoped being the last guy to arrive, I'd get more time with you, but I was told that was not the case."

"Yeah, sorry, but we have free time in a little while."


"Well until then, my unknown fact, my secret hobby is jewelry making. I find working on the small details relaxing."

"That's cool! I'll know who to come to when I'm in need of new accessories."

"I doubt anything I could make would stand out against your beauty, but I'll be happy to try."

King walked into the house and I was hoping for a bit of solitude but I didn't get that. We were now on free time, and the guys were free to interact with me as they wanted.



Most of them were busy getting to know each other, but Marty did come find me. He was a bit of a computer whiz and wanted to tell me how he completely rebuilt his computer from scratch so that it worked better than anything that could be bought in a store.



I thought he would be a handy guy to have around. I loved computers but I wasn't as techy as he was. Brenton came to join us, he wanted to gossip a bit.


I was looking forward to getting to know him. It would be cool if Grace and I ended up with guys from the same family. I got a bit of alone time, before Marty came to find me again. Being a wolf, he also had longer incisors and wanted to see whose were bigger.


It was odd, but I went with it. Afterwards the one thing I feared happened. I guess he didn't like the fact mine were bigger so he wanted to fuss about me being a vampire. He clearly knew this, yet still wanted to talk about it as if my life-state was bad.


I thought I was prepared for that, but it hurt. I was ready to walk away, but he then started talking to me about music. What was wrong with him? How could he throw out an insult then just change topics? I really wished I could call Caleb and ask him how he managed to handle it. After that we talked some more about the house, he liked it so far then he left to go hang with the guys.


Mickey was outside telling ghost stories. I wasn't supposed to initiate contact right now, so I headed upstairs to play some videos. I'd just got things set up when Brenton came to talk to me.




Instead of it being a pleasant conversation, he started yelling at me about being some horrible beast wanting them all to fight over me. I was shocked. He didn't have to come on this show, he knew what it was about, yet somehow I was the bad guy. Maybe Dad was right, this wasn't a good idea. I didn't know if I was strong enough to put up with insults like that. Then I got mad, normally I don't use my vamp powers since both Mom and Dad said it wasn't nice, but he ticked me off.


I used my hypnotic gaze on him and hoped that the idea of being nicer to me would stick. After that I was ready for bed. It had been a tiring day and I wanted to retreat for some much needed solitude. My room was off limits to the guys and I was thankful for that.


As I relaxed a bit I thought about the day. I had an interesting cast of characters living in the house with me. The day got off to a rocky start with some, but I hoped the week would improve. Taryn had an entire list of things I was supposed to do over the next few days before the first elimination.


**A/N**
So for the arrival greeting I had each guy to the 'get to know you' interaction with Erin. Their  one unknown fact was solely based off the thought bubble that popped while they were talking.

Day one done and the guys really seemed more interested in hanging out with each other and not Erin, poor girl. I was shocked at Brenton he accused her mother of being something (didn't write it down) but I guess it's good he didn't slap her. She really did get mad and did the hypnotic thing on him. That coupled with the vampire accusation got Erin off to a rough start. Let's hope it gets better for her.

Sim donations
Bert Windfall from Shafer249
Cal Matthews from Daijah
Marty Wood from Piazzagirl1015
Micky Seaworth from ShaliANel
Brenton Solo from Vuneca
Silvan McBeth from Sweetnightingale
Gabe Franklin from Daijah
Fidel Yarvari from HollyhocksFluff
Mr. Nielsen from LittleMinxUndr
King Lucas from Pizzagirl1015

Erin thanks you all for your bachelors.

**When some of the guys were installed, they came over with the shaved head instead of the hair you guys had given them. If I didn't have the hair, I tried to give them something close and that looked good on them. Minx, I didn't have Mr. Neilsen's facial hair so he got something new and all the guys got beach clothes.**

Additional thanks to Daijah for making the guys bio shots for me.

Move out time will be at 6pm instead of noon for this challenge. That gives me time to make sure I can get the group dates or activities for each day done with the remaining sims before elimination. time. As stated in the intro, each day will be talked about in weeks instead.

15 comments:

  1. Why does it not surprise me that Davis tried one last time to talk her out of it LOL!

    Damn look at all this good DNA here and I absolutely love the bio pictures, they look awesome! Marty, Marty, Marty did you have to be the first to do that! Oh that was so annoying, but what can I expect I sent a werewolf. Now that I see what happened with Brenton I wonder why Caleb was never had the mother is a chupacabra accusation.

    One thing is for sure I am very sure she will be happy with whoever wins as they are all hot. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis does not want her on that show. LOL It's worse now than when Hope was there since she has all the guys around.

      DJ did a great job on the bio pics. She's made Cal's all fancy so I asked her to to the others. I did end up with a great mix of guys. One of them has to be the one for her. I hope at least. Marty was the first to accuse her, but he was the first to talk to her as well. The others were too busy at the keg or doing other things.

      LOL yeah I forgot the actual insult, thanks for reminding me what it was. He just came up out of the blue and started throwing insults. :( I have a feeling Jonas is gonna be in trouble by association.

      She should be happy with whoever wins as they are all very nice to look at.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Great start. Erin cracks me up with all the thoughts of shirtless men. Perhaps they should have started by posing for a calender shoot for her? ;-)
    I'm surprised Brenten went all mean on her. In my game he LOVES vampires. He wants to be turned and marry one.
    great job on the bios and intros. She has a lot of HOT men to choose from, Though I do think Mr Nielson has an unfair advantage being a nephaliam and all, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hmmm...a calendar shoot, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe Erin can make that an group activity. LOL

      I was surprised too. I went back and read through to get some info for his background and saw that. It's why I put it in his bio so I was shocked by that as well. With Jonas and Grace, and Carter and Wind, I thought the Solo/Gruber connection would be strong there as well.

      Well in this universe there is no Nephaliam, he's simply a human. There was NO way I could even start to do justice to Minx's history.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. If you want to edit him and give him Supernatural fan to fit his bio I would totally be okay with it. I don't know if that would be unfair or not to the others though.

      Delete
    3. It's okay. I took the guys as they were offered up. His hot-headed trait is showing. I have no idea why, but it is and it wasn't even the vamp thing. That insult was out of the blue.

      Delete
  3. Come on Bert get in there and flirt! No need to listen to ghost stories. Whoa.. Marty I know werewolves and vamps don't always get along. But didn't you take that a bit far? Little surprised with Brenton calling her mom names. Wow. Poor Erin rough start : (.. but let's see it's only the beginning I sure hope things get alot smoother from here on out. I wish her all the luck Life has to offer. I can only imagine Davis and Cora right now sitting down watching this. Great chapter can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well he was reading in a corner until I took out the bookcases. At least he was interacting with someone by listening to the ghost story.

      LOL Marty and the tooth comparing and then that damn vamp accusation. She is off to a rough start :( hopefully things will get better for her.

      Davis and Cora will be pissed at how the guys have acted towards her so far. The better watch out because Cora gets pissed if she thinks her kids are being hurt we need at least one of them to be the calm one. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Wow! Look at all those HOT GUYS! She's going to have some hard choices ahead of her. Loved the bio shots too. :) Can't wait to see how Silvan does with her. At least he hasn't accused her of being a vampire yet. LOL! I also had to laugh at Erin's comments about shirtless guys and how Davis was still trying to talk her out of it. I felt so bad when Marty and Brenton were mean, but hopefully she'll have a better day tomorrow. Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin is in hunky guy heaven!!! She wants them all shirtless all the time LOL Good thing they are in the tropics. It's hot, guys like to be shirtless when it's hot.

      The bio shots turned out well. DJ did a great job on those. Hopefully Silvan will be good and not accuse her. Marty and Brenton better behave or they will have to answer to Davis and Cora. LOL and Brenton better get his act together if he ever plans on attending family gatherings with the Grubers.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, maybe I should have mentioned that the girl Mickey was in love with for so long was a vamp? :P No worries, my fault entirely and the poor guy is probably just trying to forget all about her! :D

    And wow, she's got one hard choice ahead of her!!! (maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'hard'?? no innuendos intended, just let them happen, jazen!) So much competition! She's had a rough start with things, but hopefully things will lighten up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No biggie. I just wanted each guy to have a little background to give them some personality.

      LOL...she has a lot to choose from with the the good looking guys she was given. The whole free will thing has been hard, but it's been interesting as well. Things aren't starting well, but hopefully they'll get better.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Hmm, hard to pick a favorite right off the bat. I had one for PG's challenge, but with the guys I think I'll get to know them before I make my judgement. I sure hope the vampire thing doesn't become such a big deal again, as I'm sure it just gets old. Future challenges may need to play with the life states turned-off. I find it funny that all the occult sims have such a hard time getting along with eachother. I do like the 'compare fangs' though! I liked the write-ups of all the guys, makes it very authentic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to pick a fav either. She has some yummy choices so she won't go wrong with whoever the winner is. That vamp thing is crazy, is there a way to turn it off? I like having the different options on supernaturals but her always being accused gets old. I understand why Caleb got so annoyed.

      The compare fangs is funny, but it moves up the bar. And thanks. I wanted to give them all something.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Cal and Mickey. That might make you giggle now, but I don't know what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete