Sunday, July 27, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.21



I sat at that bar, drinking and playing darts, imagining that the board is Tristan's face. My phone has been ringing non stop, I finally just turn it off without checking to see who called. It couldn't be anyone important anyway.



I drink and play darts, the sun is starting to go down and the place starts to get busy. The bartender on the second shift is a cutie, I flirt with her a bit. She likes it and even gives me a few on the house. A killer pair of legs sits down beside me, I'm happy to see that the rest of her is just as nice. She tells me her name, but it's not really important.



The bartender looks a bit ticked that I'm flirting with this girl and charges me extra for my next drinks. I don't care. She wasn't who I expected to spend my evening with, but a warm body is better than an empty bed at this point. We talk a while longer and I convince her to come back to my hotel. We are making out, stumbling, our way into the building. She's hot, and just the distraction I needed from my thoughts.




Cora was probably enjoying her wedding night right now. She chose him and some misguided thoughts of stability. I'm stable. I have a job, I have turned out to be a decent father. I shake those thoughts from my head. Cora may not want me, but plenty do. I focus on the task at hand...until I hear her voice.


Cora: I'm such an idoit!

Davis: Wha...what are you doing here?

Cora: I've been trying to call, but I guess now I know why you haven't answered. I am a fool for thinking anything you said today was real. I can't believe I...

Cora looked hurt and tries to storm past me but I don't let her. I'm still stunned to see her sitting in my hotel lobby. She got married today.


Davis: Everything I said was real, but you still sent me away. So I'll ask again, why are you here? I'm sure Tracy didn't expect to spend his wedding night alone.

Cora: I'm sure he didn't expect to be left at the alter on his wedding day. I take a leap of faith only to find you already moved on to your next victim! Your mom, she...she told me...it doesn't matter you have the wool pulled over her eyes too!

Davis: Hold on! You are mad at me? You told me I was a big unknown, you wanted something you didn't think I could give you, yet you show up and are mad because I am with someone.

At this point I have no clue where the girl I was just making out with has gone. I'm still getting over the fact that Cora didn't marry that man.


Cora: No I'm mad because I believed you had changed but I can see that is not the case.

Davis: YOU DIDN'T WANT ME! What did you expect me to do?

Cora: I don't know! OK! I don't know. I'm so confused about you and me and us...I just...I don't know why I came. Why I walked away from Tristan. It wasn't pretty, his family was pissed. I've been kicked out of the house we shared. The girls are with your mom and Sha. It's all a mess and I came here and to see you with her...I need to go.

Davis: Cora, wait. Just wait.


Cora: No, I need to figure out some things, Davis.

I watched as she walked out of the hotel. The girl I'd come with was no where to be seen and a few hotel workers were standing around whispering. This day just went from bad to worse.

The next day I tried calling Cora but she didn't answer. I called Mom and she still had the girls. I went over to see them and Mom filled me in on everything. Apparently Tristan's family was never happy about their relationship mainly because she came into it with kids. There was a lot of name calling and such towards Cora. Mom and Sha said they were there for her, sticking up for her and the girls.

Then she fussed at me for not answering when she called. I explained to her what happened earlier and she fussed at me again. I just couldn't win. She said she didn't understand how I could negotiate million dollar contracts yet I didn't have the ability to tell a woman how I felt about her. That's what I did, she just didn't want to hear it. I tried to call Cora again before I left, but she still wasn't taking my calls or returning my texts. When Mom and Sha got back they told me she was able to get set up in a small apartment close to the hospital.


A few weeks later, I was surprised to see her sitting on my porch when I got home from work. I was happy to see her, I didn't want to talk, I was tired of talking since the messages kept getting mixed.


When I pulled away she had the most radiant smile.


Cora: So how are we going to make this work?

Davis: We'll figure it out in the morning.


Girlfriend count: 11 (just know he will end up dating 11 women since his counter messed up)
LIFETIME WISH COMPLETED!!!
Fawn Goodfellow
Tiffany Angles
Evion Frost
Paris Vanderbuilt
Alysia Abbott 
Raven Allure
Gillian Sherrod 
Chrissy Roe
Rebecca Alston
Apple Blythe Wood
***Cora Sidwell***

So Davis has officially completed his LTW of having 10 girlfriends. Now we just need to get through with his job. He is currently at level 7 so almost there! With his LTW completed his gen will be coming to a close soon and Grace will take over.

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well I don't have to tell you how much I love happy endings and this was the perfect one. Obviously we still have a way to go but the super couple is finally together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    When his phone was ringing and he didn't answer it, I knew it had to be Cora. I just didn't expect her to be sitting in the hotel lobby when he was with the other girl. That was a surprise. I knew she would be mad but I was hoping she would understand that she did reject Davis earlier and he was only acting out of anger.

    In the end it all worked out, but it looks like they still have a road ahead of them. Are they in Barnacle Bay now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!!! I figured this chapter would make everyone happy.

      Davis has come a long way, and together it will still take some work, but they are together. :D It was Cora and his mom calling him, but he just turned it off. She didn't know how else to get in touch with him so she waited. She was not expecting him to come in with a woman, but she really didn't have a right to be mad. She had turned him away, and he was off licking his wounds. :( His pride was wounded a lot by her rejection.

      yes, they are living full time in Barnacle Bay now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Shafer249 here. Aww, a happy ending! I hope Cora and Davis spend many many happy years together. Glad you got that lifetime wish completed! Now to get on to the top of his career. Is the family now staying in Barnacle bay? Or they moving back to moonlight falls? I bet Grace and Hope are happy mommy and daddy back together. I am also sure Tristan can move on story progression will help him out with that soon enough. lol. Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, very happy ending. His LTW was pretty easy since he didn't have to date the girls for long, but he did get reputations a few times. Working on the career now. He's at level 8 I think last time I was in game, so not much longer.

      They are living in BB now. It was time to move the saves to a new location. I'm doing roughly 2 gens per location to keep the game play fresh. LOL well Tristan didn't come along on the move so not sure what SP will do with him since I'm no longer playing that save.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. About time he got is head out of his arse although that was a close call..I about croaked when I noticed Cora in the lobby. I am glad these two are on their way to work it out and I can't wait to see Grace's story as she matures into teen and adult hood. Another great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well he had, he did his declaration of...something. Not love :P but he put himself out there more than he ever had. Cora had to get over her fears and see that her 'perfect' life could be something other than what she imagined. I have a few more chapters for Davis before Grace takes over.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Oh, thank goodness!!! I'd worried he'd blown it bigtime. I actually understand his logic, and I guess Cora finally did too.
    He did the right thing in just walking up and kissing her, no words. :)
    "We'll figure it out in the morning." LOL! So him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah he had too. He was acting out. He had never been rejected like that before so he needed to know he 'still had it' so to speak. Cora finally realized that as well and that her ideal life could be something a little different.

      nope...no more talking. Well not in the verbal way ;) good thing she left the girls with Kerri LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. That was a whirlwind! Finally the dust settles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man he messed up big time. But it does seam that they finally are together. Hope it last. Cora Davis and the girls need stability. Or those girls may just turn into little female Davis's. And for some reason I don't think it will go over well with Davis or Cora.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...he acted out and went back to what he knows. He needed to feel wanted since the woman he wanted rejected him. Those two need to sit and talk. Cora does want stability for herself and the girls and she didn't think she could get that with Davis. But the heart wants what the heart wants and hers wanted him regardless of her fears. :D

    LOL female Davis hahahah well we'll see what the teen years hold

    thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally those two knuckleheads get it figured out! Sweet ending to this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah they've been complicated to deal with. Hopefully they will be able to figure out how to make things work.

      so glad you enjoyed it

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Oh blimey, so many misunderstandings!! I'm so glad to see they are willing to work it out after all that! Given everything they've been through, it'd be a shame not to at least try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes. Tons! They finally figured it out, or will try to. She loves him and he loves her but they have two very different views on relationships. Hopefully they can come to an understanding.

      thanks for readind

      Delete