Sunday, September 14, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.10


The weather was turning cooler, the leaves were starting to change. I used to love Fall for those very reasons, but not really anymore. I forced myself to ignore the negative thoughts and work on harvesting my crops before they went dormant. I missed Hope, I'd forgotten how much I liked having my sister around.

To make up for the loneliness I spent more time at Mom and Dad's. Erin was grateful to have me around. Dad was being even more like Dad now that she was a teenager. She would call me to complain when he wouldn't let her go out saying it was unfair that he didn't treat Carter that way. Carter was made to go with her as a chaperone yet he was allowed one on one dates without one. She reminded me so much of Hope when she talked like that. I told her sadly he'd done the same thing to her, only I was the chaperone. I wished I could have given her better options but Carter was 17 and a senior in high school, she was only 14 and the guy she liked was 16, no way was Dad gonna let that happen. I knew it was bad when she said Mom couldn't even change his mind on the dating thing.


I'd not seen Jonas since the lunch with Hope. We still talked, he'd even asked when I was coming into town, but I never gave a definite answer. I'd finished my work and was getting ready to bathe Vor when my phone rang.

Grace: Hello Jonas.

Jonas: Hey Grace. I didn't catch you at a bad time did I?

Grace: No, not really.

Jonas: Great. Um...are you free right now?

Grace: Free for what?


Jonas: Can you meet me at the campgrounds in about 30 minutes?

Grace: You want to go camping? In the middle of the day?

His laugh rang out in my ears. He had a nice laugh.

Jonas: Not exactly, but can you?

Grace: Yeah, sure.

I hung up with plans to meet him, but that meant putting off Vor's bath. It took a while to get him in the tub and then dried off. I was a little nervous as I drove towards the campgrounds. I don't know why I agreed to meet him there. Hope had told me I needed to trust more and that she genuinely thought Jonas was a good guy. And she got on to me about living such a solitary life. My home in the middle of no-where, as she called it, and no friends outside of a dog was not a fulfilling life in her opinion.


When I arrived Jonas greeted me wearing a large smile.
Jonas: Thanks for coming.

Grace: Um... problem, but why here?

His smile got bigger.

Jonas: Well, you seemed really interested in knowing what it was like to fly, so...

He pointed to the hot air balloon that was in the corner of the park. I started shaking my head, no way was he getting me alone, in that thing. No. Hope said to trust but that was pushing it.

Grace: I can't.

He frowned at me.
Jonas: It's perfectly safe, I promise and we won't go high if you are uncomfortable.



He smiled at me again, and against my better judgement I agreed. I'm glad I did. The view was amazing. True to his word, we didn't go too high, but I could see nearly the whole town and the colors. They were beautiful. He handed me a pair of binoculars so I could see better. I was able to spot my house and my parents' house. We were up for about an hour before landing.



Grace: Thank you for that.

Jonas: You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Are you hungry?

Grace: Yes actually.

He told me to stay put then came back a few minutes later with a blanket and picnic basket.  He laid everything out and we sat to eat. His wings shimmered in the sun and I found myself staring at them. They were beautiful. I looked up to see him smiling. I felt embarrassed that I was caught staring at them.

Grace: Sorry, didn't mean to stare.

Jonas: No problem. Would you like to touch them?

He turned his back to me without waiting for an answer. I giggled when my hand went through, it tickled.

Grace: I thought they'd be solid like a butterfly's wings.


Jonas: Not quite. Thank you for coming today. You made my birthday a very happy occasion.

Grace: Today is your birthday? Why didn't you tell me?

Jonas: I just did, and it's not a big deal I haven't really celebrated in a few years.

Grace: I didn't get you anything.

He stared at me and smiled.
Jonas: Yes you did.

His hand brushed against mine accidentally, but instead of him pulling away, he wrapped his fingers around prolonging the connection. He was touching me. The thought made me nervous, but surprisingly not as fearful. I looked down at our connected hands then up at him. The sun was starting to set.


Grace: I have to go! It's getting dark!

I jumped up and ran towards my truck leaving Jonas behind as he called out my name.

**A/N**
Grace is now level 7 and has 5 perfect plants.

Erin is now a teenager. She's a pretty girl, she looks better without the vamp skin. LOL I think she's a good mix of both parents with a bit of Grandma Kerri thrown in there as well.


Bonus shots of them in the hot air balloon. I've not used it before so wanted to try it out. I know it was supposed to increase the relationship meter. I just wanted to try out the interactions, but found the woo-hoo and propose ones grayed out. It said my sims weren't eligible which was odd. Does anyone know if they have to already be romantic interests for those options to be open? Their friendship meter maxed out by them sharing a drink however. They went from friends, to best friends.



20 comments:

  1. Lovely update. That was a great zoomed out picture of the town. I have hardly used te balloon either. It's actually what i liked least bout AS but you might be right, You don't have the option to propose or woohoo with them outside of the balloon without a romantic relationship (or MOD) so it makes sense to me to grey it out there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - They're going to make great babies one day! (I'm so excited!)

      Delete
    2. PPS - Erin looks like Angelina Jolie at a quick glance

      Delete
    3. Glad you liked it. I wanted to attempt to give the appearance of them being up in the air. That balloon is a let down with the fact it doesn't get far off the ground and doesn't work like the cars so you can see them as they go from one place to the other. :(

      Now that I know about the relationship needs, if I use it again, I'll be sure they are romantic interests at least.

      I'm excited to see the babies as well. I will trampled (once again) all over the 'solo' part of the rules but I can't deny Jonas the chance to raise his baby LOL.

      She does have a bit of that, she got really full lips.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. It sounds like to me that Davis is being extra protective with Erin because he feels that he should have done more to protect Grace. Cora can not even talk him out of it because he is afraid of history repeating himself. The violation that happened to Grace but her family too. I bet Davis will never forgive himself even though he was not at fault.

    Even though Jonas didn't know her at the time and still doesn't know about the event, if effects him because of the way Grace is holding back and running away from him on what should have ended up as a romantic evening.

    The picnic was beautiful and I haven't used the balloon yet either but I do plan to someday. Spent all this money so going to use every last item.

    Vuneca was right about two thing, they are going to make some beautiful babies some day, but I think I already said that many times LOL And Erin does look like Angelina Jolie.

    Loved the update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I usually preview my replies, meant to say:

      The violation that happened to Grace not only affect her but affected her family too.

      Delete
    2. I think you are very right about Davis and his over reaction with Erin. As a father you never want to have something like that happen to your daughter, he couldn't do anything to 'save' Grace. The whole family was affected and seeing how they act shows how much it's still there under the surface.

      Jonas knows something had to have happened to her, but he's just not sure what. He likes Grace enough to take things slow to get to know her better and is encouraged by her being receptive. It was very romantic, Jonas set up a very romantic 'date' even if Grace didn't realize she was on a date LOL.He's sneaky LOL She ran not really from him, but it was getting dark. She doesn't go or stay out after dark. It's the same reason she sleeps over at her parent's house when she goes for dinner.

      LOL you sound like me on using all the items. I've had that balloon for a while now and this is the first time I put it to use. I'm trying to make sure I put to use all the items since as you said we paid for them. :)

      yes they will make some beautiful babies :) and she is a bit Jolie like. Once she hits YA I'll put her up on the exchange.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Nice update! They're getting along well, i sense love in the air...
    I think I used the baloom once or twice only. Somehow I was a little disappointed with it...
    But I found a good idea how you used it in your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is slowly coming around so Jonas' patience is paying off.

      You aren't the only one disappointed in the balloon. I really wished it would go higher and that you could watch them as they traveled in it. I wanted to used it at least once so it was perfect for a romantic non date :)

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Awwwwwwww!
    Alright that's out of my system. Grace being lonely for companionship I'm taking as a good sign, since she seemed to be fine being alone with Vor before. I think Jonas is pulling her out.
    Davis maybe uses his vamp abilities against his ladies knowledge and can read how Grace feels so that's why he's so strict with Erin. I'm sure he's had many long talks with Carter, telling him how to treat a lady. Erin should look at Carter as protector, not chaperone
    But what 14 year old would do that? Haha.

    Jonas birthday! Hope did make it special for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, not Hope. My mind is in another place... obviously.

      Hope probably misses Grace, too! Shed give anything to have her sister there instead of that pink winged lunatic!

      Delete
    2. You picked up on that change in her. Before she was fine with the solitude, but now she's realizing she actually likes people (select ones) around.

      Cora still won't let him use his vamp abilities against the kids, but he is acting on guilt when it comes to Erin. He was strict to a point with Hope and Grace, but not overly so and doesn't want to make the same mistake twice. What happened was not his fault, kids always find a way around their parents rules if they want to. Hope wanted to and Grace didn't want to get her in trouble.

      LOL Yeah right now Erin only sees Carter as her older brother that is in the way LOL but in his defense I'm sure he rather not have to go out with her either LOL.

      Grace did make it a special day for him by simply being there. And you're right about Hope, I'm sure she probably would rather be with Grace instead of being beat up by Peyton LOL.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Awww! Beautiful chapter. : ) I am glad they had that romantic time together. She and Jonas shared a special day. Things are slowly but surely turning into a more then friends relationship. Grace and Jonas will make a beautiful couple once Grace gets past her fears. Erin looks quite lovely as a teenager! Also read the previous chapter rest in peace Sha.. : ( One of the hardest things about these stories is letting go of favorite characters. Great chapter can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shhhh....don't tell Grace it was a romantic outing LOL. Jonas is trying to push things in that direction even if Grace is unaware. I'm having such a hard time not rushing things but slow and steady wins the race.

      Erin is very pretty. Davis and Cora are at least populating the world with beautiful children that I will share with everyone. SP so far still has held off on giving them more.

      Yeah...losing characters is hard, but a sad part of legacies.

      hope to have one ready on Friday.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Cute, fun day.... until the touch.... Hope she can overcome her fears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Jonas was pretty sneaky getting her to come on that non-date outing. Hopefully she can overcome her fears.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Aww, this was a lovely update! So romantic and yet so subtle. :) I loved how Jonas set up the date. I have to agree with PG that Davis is probably being overly protective of Erin because of what happened to Grace. Hopefully he'll mellow out a bit and realize Erin needs healthy relationships and that teenage girls need to date. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

    Oh, as to the hot air balloon. I've used it several times, and yes, you need to have the Sims be at least romantic interests before they can WooHoo and propose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Jonas was very sneaky with that date. Davis was already over protective and it just got worse after the thing with Grace. Hopefully he will mellow out. Cora tries to keep him from being too over bearing, but at the same time she understands and has similar feelings. No one wants to know that their child was hurt like that.

      Thanks for the tip on the hot air balloon. It was my first time using it.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Hehe, I see sneaky Jonas got her to on a date :D Well played, Jonas! Very well played indeed! had he told her that it was going to be a date she would never have gone, I'm glad that she enjoyed herself so much. She even let his touch linger a little before running off! That's got to be a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah yep, very sneaky indeed, but it worked! She had a great time. She is getting more and more comfortable with him, letting that touch linger proved it.

      thanks for reading

      Delete