Saturday, September 6, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.8

***So we have a slight change of events in this chapter. It was asked to know Jonas' thoughts/feelings on the situation so after thinking it over, I decided to give a little insight into his frame of mind. Not a lot, just the background stuff that is running around in my head when I write his character. Hope this little tidbit gives you guys a good idea of how I see my version of Jonas.***

Jonas


When she called for her dog, at first I thought she meant to use him as defense but I quickly waved away that idea. I could hardly contain my excitement; she actually agreed to stay and talk. I'd seen her around town every so often, but she was never alone. She was with her mom or a cute little boy, or both. I wondered if the boy was hers, they looked alike other than the fact he was a vampire whereas she appeared to be human. She'd even come into the store a few times, but since she was usually with her mom, I was too nervous to approach her. Nervous...like I was a teenager or something.


When I saw her heading to the store that day I'd wondered if I'd finally work up the nerve to talk to her and when she'd nearly fallen it was like the stars had aligned to force our interaction. I was not, however, prepared for her reaction, she was scared of me. Like really scared of me. I'd always thought myself to be a friendly guy but she apparently didn't agree. When her mom showed up, their conversation told me whatever she was afraid of wasn't me directly. That was a relief. Learning she was my meeting that morning was the best news. I had a chance, a reason to talk to her, finally. I even learned her name.


Grace, it was as beautiful as she was. After I lost my wife, I didn't think I'd ever be interested in another woman and I wasn't until her. Grace was quiet, but when she spoke, her soft voice was like music to my ears. I was so grateful that it was now the last thing I heard before going to sleep. Grace had a beautiful aura, warmth and kindness radiated from her always. Even when she was scared.

She projected a healthy distrust and fear of not just me but men and I wondered if it had to do with a past relationship. The father to her possible child? The thought of some man hurting her angered me like never before. Grace was sweet and beautiful and should be cherished always. Something I would gladly do if given the chance. If not, I'm honored just to be allowed within her world as a friend.

Grace


We took a seat on one of the benches. There were people, lots of people. That was both a good and bad thing. This was a bad idea. Vor started whimpering as if he sensed my unease. I shushed him, rubbing behind his ears and he settled at my feet.

Jonas: It's a beautiful day.

Grace: I...I should go.

I couldn't do it. Too many people. He was too close to me, even sitting at the other end of the bench. My heart pounded within my chest, I needed to get home. I stood and he did the same.


Jonas: Wait. Please.

He pulled out his phone and I felt mine buzz a few seconds later.

Don't go.

Grace: You sent me a text? I'm standing right in front of you.



He didn't respond. Instead he typed away on his phone. This was crazy. What was wrong with him? Who sent text to a person they were looking at?
  
But you were leaving. I don't want you to be nervous so 
maybe you can sit on one bench and I can sit on another 
and we can talk in a manner you're more comfortable with.

Grace: Why are you doing this? And don't text me. Just...answer.


Jonas: Because I want to get to know you. I thought...well I hoped we could be...friends.

There was that word. The only one that didn't think I should be 'friends' with Jonas was Dad, but that was mostly because Jonas was a male, so Mom said his opinion didn't count. I however tended to agree with him, the last male that I was even remotely friendly with proved that men, male friends couldn't be trusted. Then I thought about Hope's words the last time we'd talked, she told me that not every guy would be like 'him' and I should be open to the possibility of at least talking to people outside of the family.

Grace: Friends? Why?


Jonas: Why not? Is it such a hard concept that I'd want to be your friend?

Grace: I don't know...maybe. I...I've never really had any. Other than Vor and my family of course.

A strange look crossed his face. I wasn't sure if he was shocked or confused by my statement. Either way it was kinda comical and it make me smile.

Jonas: You should do that more often.

Grace: Do what?


Jonas: Smile. You have a beautiful one that should be shared more often.

I felt my face heat up. I don't know why his comment embarrassed me. I turned and started walking away, towards one of the benches at the end of the park.

Jonas: Thank you for staying.

Grace: How old are you? Oh wait, is that rude to ask. I know it's supposedly a big no-no to ask a woman her age according to my mom and grandmother, but does the same apply to men?


Jonas started laughing. I guess I did sorta just blurt that out, but it was something I wanted to know.

Jonas: Well...guess it depends on the person and the reason they are being asked. Can I ask why you want to know?

Grace: Well I thought you'd be old when Mom said I was meeting you the first time, but you weren't, aren't, or don't look it. But then, as you know, my parents are vamps so their aging has effectively stopped so I wasn't sure if the same was true for fairies. You're the first one I've talked to. My parents are actually in their mid-forties, but don't look it.


He looked thoughtful for a moment as if processing my statement.

Jonas: Would it bother you if I was older than I looked?

Grace: I don't know...no...guess not. I mean my dad is old, but he doesn't act it. Guess it's not really important, I was just wondering.

Jonas: What's the saying? You're only as old as you feel? To answer your question, yes it is the same. Just like vampires, when we hit a certain age our aging slows down, a lot. I don't look a day over 25, but I am older than that.

Grace: How much older?


Jonas: Well, let's just say that the fact your father kept calling me boy is pretty funny since based on what you said I'm older than him.

Grace: That's...kinda weird.

Jonas: Does it bother you?

Grace: Well...no actually. You don't look it and you don't act it so it's easy to think you're actually my age. Let's just hope Dad never asks because he already doesn't like you so I'm pretty sure knowing your age wouldn't help.

Jonas: Ouch. Any hope he'll change his mind?

Grace: Not sure. It's nothing personal, if he had it his way me and both of my sisters would be locked away in a convent until we were 60. He has that whole my babies should never date mentality which should apply more to Hope than me. She is more like him than he cares to admit. He, however, doesn't apply the same rules to my brother although Mom gets on to Carter about respecting women. Let's just say my folks are odd.


Jonas: Brother...he's your brother.

Jonas started laughing to himself. It was strange, but I was learning he had some odd quirks. Once I started talking to him, I didn't feel as nervous as I was before. It was a odd feeling. We spent the next few hours talking about lots of things and nothing. He told me about all the places he'd traveled and we talked about gardening and why he opened the store. He was kinda funny at times and I actually found myself enjoying his company.


He asked if I ever considered having my parents turn me so I'd live forever like them. It honestly wasn't something I'd ever thought about. Hope was more likely to go that route if anyone, I don't think she could handle the idea of growing old. Me on the other hand, it was a fact of life, a moment that was not meant to be cheated by everyone. It was strange to think that one day I'd be older than my parents, at least in the looks department, but I did not wish to live forever. They had each other, who wanted to live forever alone? When I asked if fairies could turn people into other fairies he got a little quiet before answering with a simple no.


Vor came over and started nudging my leg. Jonas reached over and scratched him behind the ear. Vor dropped to his back asking for a belly rub that Jonas happily gave.

Jonas: He's a great dog. And I'm glad he no longer seems to dislike me.

Grace: Yeah, he's my best friend, the best gift my Dad ever gave me. And he's probably hungry so I need to go.

Jonas: Thank you for talking to me. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

He smiled at me, giving me that same friendly smile, only this time I didn't feel nervous or afraid of it. Jonas walked me to my truck and Vor and I headed to my parents house for weekly dinner.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yay!!! I take it you approve of how Jonas is progressing. :) I am doing my best to showcase all the goodness you created with him. It's so hard not to rush and get to the babies. LOL

      Delete
  2. Not sure who asked you to tell this from Jonas' side but please thank them for me :) He caught on that the fear was not about him but he still has no idea what really happened. He felt bad when he thought Carter was her son and that she was heartbroken by his father. I wonder what his reaction will be when he finds out the truth.

    Loved their little talk on the bench and the way he went back to texting when she was about to leave. Looks like progress was made as she was remembering what her sister told her that not all men will hurt her. Looks like she might come out of that shell pretty soon and I'm loving it.

    LOL about Jonas being older than Davis! Wonder how Davis will take that bit of information :)

    This was an excellent update and as you can tell I loved it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to do that. It was a friend that reads also, she goes by Mypalsim. I'll be sure to let her know you thank her for the inquiry. :)

      Jonas is a wise (old LOL) man so he picked up on that from the conversation Grace and Cora had that day. He knows there's some reason behind her acting that way, but he has no clue as to what. He will eventually find out the why and he most likely will feel the same way about that man as Davis did.

      Jonas is probably already in love with Grace and has been for a while. He really wants to get to know her and gain her trust so he resorted to what he knew would work which was texting. And look it worked. :D He made huge progress just getting her to sit and talk. She hasn't carried on long face to face conversations with people outside of her family in years. Heck even Vor has warmed up to him.

      LOL I debated on the age thing. Since Jonas' character was around way before Davis I thought it only fitting to make him older LOL. His life in this alternate universe is not connected to the one in Vun's story but I wanted to bring in some elements so the age and the fact he lost a wife came into play. Davis would have a fit if he knew LOL, even Grace knows that. He already dislikes Jonas simply for being interested in Grace. hahahaha And Jonas thought winning over Grace was gonna be hard, he has to tackle Davis still. :D that should be fun.

      yay, so glad you enjoyed it! Jonas took baby steps with Grace and his patience is paying off.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I am sorry I didn't comment sooner. : ) This is a great chapter. I am glad to have read this from Jonas's perspective. It would make sense for him to be older then Davis since his character has been around longer lol. But he is wise at least he picked up she was hurt somehow before. But Carter isn't her baby. ..I wonder what Jonas's reaction will be once he learns the truth about what happened to Grace. Ohh, Grace! Delilah would be glad to send you the right Elixir if you want to be a fairy. Just saying : ). It's not quite immortality but you'd be around a long while and have the 'Bloom' interaction with plants. I am glad Jonas and Grace have there first face to face conversation. Slowly but surely he's getting closer. <3 Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about the comment. The chapters aren't going anywhere.

      I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've stuck to one POV mostly but it was easy enough to write his little bit. And yes, that was my thinking on his age. With age comes wisdom (sometimes) so he was able to pick up on there being something more there under the surface with her.

      When he repeats brother towards the end was me trying to show he figured out who the little boy was.

      When he learns about it, he's gonna be pissed because he doesn't like the idea of her being hurt. LOL Thanks for the offer on the elixir I'm really tempted to take Dee up on that. It's sooo hard not to have all my sims live forever LOL especially when they are couples I love like Davis and Cora and now Grace and Jonas.

      Jonas is happy about their first face to face as well. :) He is proceeding with caution and she's giving him little green lights along the way. They are slowly building that trust.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Was happy to see Grace stay and speak with Jonas. It was really great that Vor bared his belly for him too, shows that he trusts him :) Really funny that Jonas is older than Grace's parents! Jonas seems like he has had really hard times as well, so maybe these two can comfort each other and become more than just friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's getting there. Vor is an excellent judge of character LOL. He can sense that Jonas is a good guy. Yeah, since his character was around before Davis I had him be older. And he has had a hard time losing someone he loved. He's hoping to become more than friends, Grace isn't even aware of that option right now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. I loved both points of view in this chapter! Grace is doing so well, she's on the road to trusting again. Jonas is so very sweet, I missed seeing him. Grace shod take the clue from Vor that Jonas is an alright guy. She'll get there I just know it!

    Hadn't thought about the age thing but it fits in very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a background story for Jonas in my head that gives me his motivations. Grace is getting there. Jonas has been patient with her and she needed that. She can sense he's not a bad guy, but she's not 100% on board just yet. Vor has learned he's a good guy, treats and belly rubs puts Jonas in the OK category in Vor's book. LOL

      LOL yeah the age thing. It was only fitting Jonas be older :P We just won't tell Davis hahaha

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Oh, this was great! I adore Jonas as you know. I can imagine how hard it is to not rush the story. Jonas is a doll, and in my alive as hip series, he and Ella hooked up right away.

    I laughed so hard at David calling Jonas Boy and how he was older than Davis. That was just so funny! Loved the update and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vuneca created a great character with Jonas. He's just a sweetheart and it has been really hard not to jump to the baby making LOL. I'm not a very patient person so it's killing me to have this slow build.

      LOL yeah Davis...if he only knew Jonas was older hahahaha. In my head he's at least 10 years older than Davis so that's a pretty good age gap between him and Grace, but when your nearly immortal like Jonas age really has no bearing. He was more worried that Grace would be uncomfortable with the difference and was relieved she wasn't.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Well now, I'm wondering if she's going to eventually make the choice to be turned just to spend forever with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now she's not open to the idea of living forever. She doesn't see Jonas in that light he's just a friend and barely that in her eyes so to live forever would have her alone forever, without the kind of love and companionship her parents have.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. This made me feel all happy and fuzzy inside :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww...yay!!!

    thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I got to hear a little of what goes on in that fairy's head! :D
    That was funny how he thought her little brother was her child.
    I really hope these two work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ask and you shall receive. LOL It was easy enough to give a little insight into Jonas and what he thinks and what his motivations are. :) Aside from Carter being a vamp, they have similar features that could give him that idea and she did take him almost everywhere with her so it was a reasonable assumption.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete