Friday, September 5, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.7


The next night Jonas called again to tell me good night instead of texting. Over the next few days it became part of my routine. Vor and I would work in the garden, then we'd work on reenforcing his training. Jonas would text me twice and call me at night. The conversations were never that long, just a short recap of our day. He threw that routine off by calling me in the morning one day.

Grace: Hello.

Jonas: Hey, how's it going?

Grace: Fine I guess. Just finished breakfast

Jonas: So...sorry for interrupting but I just had an interesting visit from a guy that says he's your father.


Grace: What? My dad came to your store? That can't be right, Mom forbid him from grocery shopping a long time ago. He always came home with junk food.

He laughed a little at my statement. It was true. Mom would give him a list and he'd somehow still mess it up and get us a bunch of junk. Hope and I wouldn't mind, but Mom would fuss at him. He'd wink at us behind her back so we quickly learned he did it on purpose. He liked riling her up for some reason.

Jonas: Well...he wasn't here to shop.

I remained silent wondering when he'd get to the point of this story. I found it odd he'd call just to say my dad came to his store. He started speaking again once he realized I wasn't going to say anything.

Jonas: I think he threatened me. He wasn't mean about it, but I certainly felt like I was being put on notice. He asked why I was contacting you and then he told me if you said back off I needed to back off.  He also said that I needed to tread carefully with you or there'd be hell to pay.
Again he was met with silence.


Jonas: Grace, have I offended you in some way?

Grace: No.

Jonas: But you told your father...

Grace: I didn't tell him anything. I was at their house when you called that first time and he asked who I was talking to so I told him.

He started laughing.

Jonas: Ah...I understand now. Well, now that, that has been resolved, I'll let you get back to your day.

After we hung up, I called Dad to find out why he'd say all that stuff to Jonas. Mom answered and when I told her she started fussing at him, he said just wanted to talk to the 'boy', which was met with more fussing. They both forgot I was on the phone. I swear I think I ended up with the strangest parents on earth.

Two months later it was again time to go sell my harvest. I knew it would most likely be one of the last ones of the season with Fall quickly approaching. I wanted to build a greenhouse, but that meant hiring contractors so I settled for my few pots kept in the basement instead.


Jonas was outside waiting for me since he'd asked what time I was coming by. He helped me carry my stuff in and even had a treat for Vor. I made even more this time, earning $732 for the take. As the cashier rang me up, Jonas made a comment about how my items seemed to sell the fastest and asked if I had any plans for expansion. I told him not really, selling my crops was Mom's idea I wasn't into gardening for profit, it was just a hobby I really enjoyed doing. As I exited he followed.


Jonas: Heading home?

Grace: Yeah, I don't like staying in town for long.

Jonas: Oh, I was hoping we could sit and talk.

Grace: About the weather?

He broke out into a large grin that turned to laughter.

Jonas: If you would like.

I called for Vor who jumped out the open window of my truck and came trotting over. Jonas gave me a large smile before we headed across the street to the park.

***A/N***
Grace is now a level 5 gardener. She currently has 3 perfect plants growing in her garden. Apple, tomato, and lettuce. I'm not sure if they count towards her LTW so I'm planting 1 seed from each to re-grow the perfect plant. Hopefully her LTW will show a counter like Davis' did. Sorry this was short, but I knew the next one would be a little longer so I didn't want to combine the two.

Bonus shots: Family sightings around town.

Hope telling jokes with Grandpa Boyd


Sha. Forget she has the childish trait

11 comments:

  1. The minute I read that Jonas received an interesting visit from her father, I busted out laughing. OMG Davis! The overprotective Dad! You may have not given us this when they were teens but we get to laugh over it now! I absolutely loved this chapter!

    Grace is warming up to him now, he broke the ice. When he asked her to sit and talk I was like Yes Go for it Grace, by now she should see he is a nice guy! And the next update is going to be a long one! Oh the anticipation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you knew it was coming. Davis was not about to sit by and not investigate this man that is calling his daughter. ESPECIALLY this daughter. Not to say he wouldn't do the same for Hope and Erin, he just is extra over the top where Grace is concerned. Plus it does make for good laughs, especially with Cora always fussing at him. She tries her best to keep him from going too crazy where the girls are concerned. LOL

      Jonas is a man of great patience. He's been drawn to her and wants to uncover the mystery behind who Grace Gruber is. He's slowly but surely worn her down. :) Hopefully you fully enjoy the next update, there's a bit of a bonus in it.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Oh I laughed, just imagining that conversation between Davis and Jonas! I bet it was a lot of "yes sir, uhh, no sir."
    I think you are writing Jonas really well. You've got me rooting for him (again!) And it's really great to see him get another chance at happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah. Jonas knew the right things to say or not say when confronted with an angry father.

      Aww thanks! I wanna make Vuneca proud and keep to his caring nature. I'm rooting for him too! LOL His life was cut too short, I'm so happy to be able to give him a second chance.

      thanks fro reading

      Delete
  3. I figure Davis must have said something when Jonas called to tell her her dad had been at the store. I am glad she seems to be getting more comfortable talking to Jonas. I think he's good for her at this point and I hope to see what happens on their little "Date".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LO Davis, you knew he wasn't gonna not investigate this man. LOL. He's got to protect his little girl. She is getting more comfortable around him. He's not pushed her boundaries and has let her get used to little things where he's concerned.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Oh man! I laughed so hard when Jonas said he got a visit from her father. I loved it! I'm glad a Grace is starting to warm up to him. He really does seem like the Perigon of Patience. And oh, the next one will be a long one! I'm so chomping at the bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Davis had to go scare the man interested in his little girl LOL. Jonas is a sweet guy and extremely patient which allowed Grace to start to feel a little more at ease around him. Jonas is a smart man and is playing his cards right.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Ah, well, I'm glad to see that Davis' visit did't put him off altogether :P I can't wait to see how their chat goes, it's nice seeing her slowly relax around him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no it didn't put him off. He was worried he'd offended her or was bothering her more than anything. He's happy to know that isn't the case.

      thanks for reading

      Delete