Sunday, September 28, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.17


There were lights on so that was a good sign. I hurried to the door, the fact of being out at night was weighing on me more and more by the minute. I rang the bell and nervously glanced around waiting. I rang again. Oh God what if he's not home? Just as the thought hit me, I saw him approaching through the glass.

Jonas: Grace?


Just like the day he came over after I got the news about Grams, I fell into his arms in tears. He didn't ask me any questions, he just held me and let me cry until I couldn't cry any more. After I'd collected myself, he led me inside to his living room.

Grace: I'm sorry...I just didn't know where else to go.

I just started talking telling him everything about Hope and how I felt so left out. I was so embarrassed that I just rambled all that off, I'm sure I sounded like a brat complaining about why me, but Jonas just listened and never once told me I was wrong for feeling the way I did.

Grace: I lost my temper. I never lose my temper. I didn't even know I had a temper.


Jonas: It's the stress. You and your sister are close, her becoming a vampire is a big deal, and you feel cheated because she didn't tell you. That on top of losing your grandmother, it's understandable if you got a little upset.

Grace: It wasn't a little.

I was starting to feel terrible about all the things I said. It wasn't Hope's fault she found love and didn't want to lose it. Our own parents did the same thing, but it was different with her. She was my twin.

Grace: You can answer that.

He phone kept ringing, and he kept ignoring the calls.

Jonas: Hello? Yes, she's here. Cliff Road.


My family had tracked me down, I knew it based on his answers.

Grace: Are they all coming?

Jonas: Not sure, but I should probably get dressed.

It was then that I noticed he only wore a towel. He let me just talk and talk about my issues never once interrupting and he didn't have on clothes. HE DIDN'T HAVE ON CLOTHES!

Grace: I...I should go. I need to go!

Jonas: Grace...just sit. I'm going to go to my room. Your family is on the way. Please don't leave while I'm gone.


I slowly moved away from him and he didn't attempt to stop me. He turned and walked down the hall away from me. I wanted to run, but my family was coming here. And it was darker now out there. I was trapped. I balled myself up in the chair and hoped my family would be here to get me soon. Jonas came back in a few minutes later, fully dressed.

Jonas: Would you like something to drink?

I just shook my head no. He took a seat on the sofa across from me and we sat in silence until his doorbell rang. Jonas walked in with Hope and my mom following behind him.


Jonas: I'll give you ladies some privacy.

Before any of us could object, he turned and headed back down the hall.

Cora: Oh Grace we were worried sick. Caleb came back inside and you didn't. Why did you run off like that?


I shrugged in response.

Hope: Gracie, I'm sorry. I should have told you. Honestly, I've been so caught up with everything that...I just didn't think about it. You're my sister, my twin, and we've always shared things. I should have shared this instead of just showing up this way.


Grace: I shouldn't have yelled at you. I...I just feel so lost. I'm happy for you. I am, it's just...

Cora: Grace, honey, this is about more than Hope being changed isn't it?
 
Grace: I would like to feel normal. To know what it's like to not be scared all the time of everything. To not always feel like the outcast. I guess I tied that need to Hope. I mean I figured one day she'd want to stop the whole aging process but more for vanity sake instead of...

Hope: Love?

I nodded.
Hope wrapped her arms around me.


Grace: I guess seeing you not to mention mom and dad it just made me realize I'll never know what it's like.

Cora: Of course you will.

Grace: Mom, that's nice of you to say but we both know that's not the case.

Hope: Gracie where are we right now?

Grace: Jonas' house.

Hope: And why here?

Grace: Because I needed to talk to him and didn't want to go home.


Cora: And he let you in, out of the blue, and without question. Honey you are not alone, human or not. You know if being like us is what you want, we'd do that as soon as you asked, but it is now and always will be your choice. As for knowing what it's like to be in love, I'm sure there's a certain Fairy that would be happy to help you explore that. You just have to trust in yourself, because you coming here, at night, proves you already trust him.

That was the second time it was alluded to that Jonas was in love with me. Mom thanked Jonas for taking care of me and Hope thanked him for the gift. Hope wanted him to meet Caleb so Mom invited him over to have lunch with us before Hope and Caleb flew back to Aurora Skies. He happily accepted and Hope made some comment about needing to prepare Dad as we headed home.

**A/N**
Sorry no, but we won't be seeing that lunch. LOL You can just imagine how Davis would want to behave, but Cora gives him the threat of sleeping on the couch for a month if he acts up or calls either guy by a name that isn't theirs. LOL

14 comments:

  1. It's getting so close for Grace and Jonas to get together!! Exciting!

    I was dying with Jonas just sitting there in a towel, HAhahaha. Good thing he's nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...we are getting there. I just wanted to have her so far along in her career and heading towards her LTW before making them a couple. I already know I'm gonna blow the solo aspect of this out of the water with them so I want that part accomplished or close to being done first.

      LOL yeah him in the towel was funny. I started writing and had to do it just to show how unaware Grace can be. Jonas saw she needed to get things off her chest so he just let her get it all out, even though he had no clothes on. LOL

      It's a very good thing he's nice to look at. If Grace was at a different point in her life she would have appreciated that moment.
      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful update, I almost cried. Grace deserves so much this happiness and Jonas is such a wonderful person and... omg soooo much in love with her. I do hope they'll end up together, happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww....didn't mean to bring you to near tears. She does deserve happiness and Jonas will give that to her the moment she's ready. He has it bad for her! SO VERY VERY BAD but he knows she's not there yet so he waits.

      They will get their happy ending eventually. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Yep I knew it she ran to Jonas. Oh she has got it so bad for him and she won't admit it yet. Whenever she needs comfort she runs to him because she knows he is there with only her best interest at heart. I did have to laugh about the towel, he is so afraid of her running off he wouldn't even go get dressed without being reassured that she wouldn't leave.

    When she claimed she would never find love, I loved that her mother and sister pointed it out to her that she came there because she already trusts him and now she only has to trust herself a little more and take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the only other person she trusts and she needed a friend in that moment. She appreciates him, a lot, and he's more important in her life than she cares to admit.

      LOL the towel, she caught him getting out of the shower, he wasn't going to interrupt her seeing how upset she was. He would have stayed in the towel if that meant keeping her from running off, but luckily that trust she has in him kicked in and she didn't run.

      Cora and Hope can see that she has let him in and that she has given him her trust. Running to him, at night, for comfort when she's upset proves it even more. Now she needs to trust her own judgement a little more and she'll find that what she's longing has been in front of her the whole time.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Awesome update! It was so sweet when Hope and Cora pointed out that Jonas was in love with her. And OH! JONAS IN ONLY A TOWEL!!!!!!! OMG, he's such a handsome Sim. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. :D Hope had already told her that day they went to lunch with him. Cora brought it up again. They can see it even if she's not able to right now. They know he's a good guy, heck even Vor likes him. LOL

      Yep, he was getting out of the shower when she showed up. He wasn't really expecting visitors but he wasn't about to not let her say what she needed to say. :D He is very easy on the eyes even if Grace didn't really notice. hahahaha


      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Perv alert!

    Thatbettertrulybehisfingerspokingthroughtthattowelinpic3. LOL

    Now that that's been said!
    I feel so bad for Grace, you have no idea. (Mushing this and previous chapter) She and her TWIN sister were all that was left (human wise) now that Grams is gone. And then she shows up like that. It was a pang in my heart -I- did not expect reading these chapters. Once again she's different, once again she's left alone... even her twin isn't like her anymore... I'd be heartbroken and no matter what anyone said the fact still remains.

    I'm not hating on Hope or anyone, I'm happy for her and it was only a matter of time before it happened, being married to a vampire and all that. Love is a powerful thing! And in happy times one does tend to put aside or forget (even for a minute) the ones you always talk to. So I understand she went through with it in her happiness and for forgot to think how -anyone-, for that matter, would think about it.

    Jonas Jonas Jonas, will you marry her already? She can still get used to the -love- part afterwards. It might be slow-going, but she will get there. I know, give her a diamond, "justfriends" ring for her next birthday. Oh, and break her windows at night so she'll freak out and she'll move in with you. Then we can go on with the "justfriends" golden ring to wear with the diamond.

    How does that sound buddy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL not a perv LOL. She showed up at his house unannounced. But that is a finger and nothing else poking out there. :P

      Yep, that is exactly her thoughts. She already felt out of place most times, not even surrounded by her family she feels that way. Only human in a family of vamps. Sure she can be changed, but it's not the same for her. Both her mom and sister were changed to be with the ones they loved. She'd be changing just to 'fit in' but would still feel like an outsider.

      LOL well he can't just jump in there and marry her. She might have something to say about that, but we are getting there slowly but surely. I will pass along your suggestion of a diamond 'friendship' ring. LOL Not so sure breaking her windows are a good idea. Vor is a police trained attack dog so he may catch him and that would be bad.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. No, darling, no one is suggesting any more that he's in love with you. They're suggesting that you're in love with. *sigh* I just want them together so badly, you know? :/ Make it happen, jazen. Now oO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...Grace is a little slow on those things. Hopefully it will click for her eventually.

      I'm trying...I'm trying but it ha to take time. Trying not to break too many of those 'solo' rules, at least not so soon, but it's coming I promise.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Oh dear. Grace must have a deep level of comfort with Jonas to not be immediately bothered by his half-nude state. That or she was really, really, REALLY out of it! Grace is such a wide-eyed sweet, innocent girl. It happens though that everyone around you knows you're in love before you do yourself, though. I can only imagine the kicking under the table that happens between Cora and Davis at this lunch! I hope Cora picks a 'safe word' for Davis for when he's being too much of a bully. From 'Meet The Fockers': "Muskrat, Jack!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha She was out of it. She was so caught up in her issues she didn't even notice his state of undress. She's pretty stunted in the area of relationships and things since she'd kept herself closed off for so long. She doesn't think on that level, at least not yet.

    LOL Cora has to keep Davis in line. He is over the top when it comes to his girls and she keeps him from sending them off to convents. A safe word....nice she just has to pull a Kerri and call his full name. :)

    thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete