Friday, September 26, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.14


The wedding was beautiful. Hope looked amazing, I'd never seen her so happy. Caleb and his entire family were extremely nice and Hope seemed to fit right in. She was planning on getting a job transfer to Aurora Skies and settling down there with his family. She said it was an easy call since she didn't live near us anyway. My sister was married. I never thought I'd see the day that would happen yet she was, and overjoyed about it.


Being around her and Caleb was like being around Mom and Dad and Grandma Kerri and Sha, when she was still alive. You could just feel the connection they had. It was great for her and them but I'd never felt lonelier while surrounded by so many people. As much as I enjoyed seeing Hope and being there for her big day, I was happy to be home. I'd missed Vor and my quiet piece of the world and I'd also missed Jonas. I realized how much when I saw him to get Vor. His friendly smile was a great welcome home.

Jonas: How was your trip?



Grace: It was good. Hope was a stunning bride and she looked very happy. Thank you again for keeping him. I felt better knowing he wasn't locked in a kennel all day. How was he?

Jonas: You're welcome and he was no problem. In fact I liked having someone to talk to at night, he has very interesting views on the world.

I started to respond when I realized he was joking about Vor talking back.
Grace: Guess it's a good thing he's used to living in a small space, but having the park across the street help to give him a place to run around.


Jonas: You think I live at the store?

Grace: Yeah, I mean you are always here so I just thought maybe this place had an apartment above it or something.

Jonas: Should I be flattered or concerned that you've wondered about where I live.

Grace: What? No...


Jonas started laughing and cut off what would have been a rambling explanation.

Jonas: I stay out on Cliff Road.

I knew that road, there was only one house that sat out there. A large modern looking place that over looked the bay.

Grace: That's a big house.


Jonas: Yeah, that's why having company was nice. My family has filtered through here and several other cities over the years. All of the houses we own are large just in case there are a few of us that live in an area at the same time. Family is great and all but sometimes we like to retreat to our separate areas. Or like now separate city.

That first day he convinced me to stay and talk he told me about his years in Hidden Springs. It was sorta the hub for fairies and lot so politics and such. After 40 or so years of dealing with that, he was ready for a change. We talked for a bit more before I was ready to head home. I missed my house and needed to check on my plants. Hopefully none died while I was gone.


As we rounded the corner to the parking lot Vor started barking. I didn't see anyone, but he caught wind of something, the hair on his back was standing up. The area was clear as I looked around. Out of the corner of my eye I caught movement, but whoever it may have been disappeared from view before I could get a good look. Nervousness over took and I quickly ran to my truck, making sure to lock the doors when I got in. Vor continued to whine a bit as we backed out, but settled down after a bit. I hadn't even thought about the strange feelings I'd had before the trip but now they were back full force.


I kept looking in my rearview mirror at the cars behind me. There were a few, and I thought maybe I was being followed, but they'd turn off down a different street. All but one that stayed with me until I made the turn onto my road. I held my breath checking to see if it would follow, but it didn't. When I pulled into my driveway, I noticed my hands were shaky. Once inside I quickly locked the door. Vor started whining again picking up on my anxious mood.
  

It's all in your head. It's all in your head. I chanted to myself. It had to be. I guess being around all those people in Monte Vista really threw me out of my comfort zone more than I realized. I had just about convinced myself of that when I heard a car engine. I lived at the end of the street, not many people came down here as it was a dead end. I pulled out my phone and hit redial on the last number.

Grace: I think someone is outside my house!

Jonas: What?


Grace: I...I
I heard the car engine fade away. I peeked out the window to see the tail lights as they faded away.

Jonas: Grace! Are you okay?

Grace: Yeah...I...sorry. Vor was barking a lot when we left and I...for some reason I thought someone was following me.

I felt so stupid. No one really even knew me so why would I be followed?

Jonas: Following you? What? I'm coming over.


Grace: What?! No! Don't really, I'm just being...I'm just a little off balance with the trip and everything. I'm fine.

Jonas: Are you sure? I'd feel better if I came to check things out.

Grace: Yeah. I'm okay, really.  Sorry for bothering you. It was just a dumb over reaction on my part.

Jonas: You're never a bother, Grace. Call me if you need anything.

Once we hung up, the nervous feeling stayed with me. I made sure my doors were locked up tight and even went ahead and set my alarm being sure to turn off the indoor motion sensors. I tried to keep busy by taking care of my plants and doing random cleaning around the house. Vor spent a lot of time pacing behind me. That night I took a long bath in hopes it would help, but it didn't. Vor seemed to be really effected by my mood as he kept barking and whining. He didn't want to leave the front door that night when it was time for bed. Eventually I was able to get him settled down, but I tossed and turned for a while before I finally fell asleep.



**A/N**
The wedding photos are courtesy of Piazzagirl1015. She put that whole wedding together and it came out beautiful. I can't do big weddings but she did an amazing job!

18 comments:

  1. Grace you should have Jonas come over anyway and I hope that Jonas didn't listen to her and is on his way there. If there was any question as to if she is really being watched, it was answered way before the last pic. When Vor's hair stood up and he started barking, I knew there was a threat waiting in the shadows. Dogs have a sixth sense and Grace's own gift of fear should have told her to get help. Come on Jonas don't listen to her and get on over there.

    Oh the good side of this she was happy to come home and looked forward to seeing Jonas, plus she was questioning relationships as weddings tend to do to single people.

    Looks like this weekends updates are going to be exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She already feels like he thinks she's weird so having him come over when no one was there would have made it worse. :(

      Yep, it's not in her head, she is in fact being watched. Vor sensed someone was there as they left and even once they got home. Grace just thought it was him reacting to her mood. She's a bit thrown off right now so she didn't want to make it something it wasn't.

      She was very happy to be home and to see Vor and Jonas. :) She is starting to question things more than she did before so little by little she's seeing that a life of solitude isn't always the best.

      I hope they are exciting.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Jonas, get on over there, and don't listen to her! Someone's out there and it doesn't sound good. Great update and can't wait to see how this turns out. Things are moving right along because she was happy to see Jonas.

    The wedding was really beautiful. PG did a great job putting that shindig together for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL he should have gone instead of listening to her, but he doesn't like to push her boundaries too much. Had he shown up, it could have gone wrong and he didn't want that.

      Things are moving along with them. He's winning her over more and more each day. His patience has warn off.

      She did an amazing job with that wedding! I try and keep mine small, but she handled a large one wonderfully.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Who is this guy looking through the window? Is she right to be scared? So far I was thinking it was all her own mind only. Looks like not! I hope nothing bad is going to happen. She's already so insecure and scared...
    Ohhh Hope looked gorgeous, such a beautiful bride! I loved her dress and what you did to the hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find out who he is in a few episodes. And yes she is right to be scared...very very scared.

      She's thinking it's all in her head as well, and she doesn't want to really tell anyone. Poor girl has a way of feeling so out of place always. :(

      Hope made for a beautiful bride! PG asked me to pick out her wedding outfit so I did. I wanted something classic for her and when I saw that one I knew it was it. If you want the links for the CC let me know and I'll get them for you.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Creepy!! I'm glad she has Vor but a nice strong fairy would be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very creepy. Vor will be there to help, but Jonas wouldn't be a bad option either.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Super creepy, I'm glad she called Jonas right away! Listen to your instincts, Grace! Hope really did make a beautiful bride, that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did, he is her go to person now without her even realizing it. He's opened her up to the idea of friendship and hopefully more in the future.

      I'm glad you liked her outfit. I searched for a while to find something I thought would be perfect for her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Ugh!!! Creepy as heck! Oh why did she turn down Jonas's offer to come and look?
    I know she has Vor, but.... it's not a pleasant friendly person sneaking around since he is doing just that, sneaking around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She thinks it's all in her head and didn't want to appear crazier than normal. :( She does have Vor,but she's ignoring his behaviors so things could get bad.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Loved the wedding :) I just know someone/something is following her and I hope Jonas is secretly on his way....I hope if someone is there that Vor can protect Grace....can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding was beautiful. Piazzagirl did a great job putting it together!

      Sadly Jonas respected her decision to not have him come over. Vor is there, and he will protect Grace, but it's not a good thing the stalker knows where she lives, especially since she doesn't have neighbors.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. You know I was wondering if there was more to her anxiety than that experience when she was a teenager. I hope he won't do anything to Vor, I love that dog :( (he's just soooo adorable, you know?) I hope she'll call Jonas and ask him to come over! Vor is clever, he'll pick up on something.

    This chapter was really well written, it felt so tense all the way through! If anything happens to Grace I'll swear my simself will hunt him down -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that experience has colored a lot of her actions. Not being out at dark, not wanting to talk to people. All of that is a side effect of what happened to her. :( No worries, Vor will be fine (I love him too. So much that I increased my pet life span since he was close to being an elder)

      Vor has been picking up on something, but she's been ignoring it. She thinks it's in her head, but Vor knows differently.

      Aww, thanks! I'm trying to add more of the emotion and suspense in there. I will put the stalker on notice, he will have a ton of people after him I'm sure.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yep...creepy man at window is never a good thing :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete