Saturday, September 27, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.15


After my return the feelings I had of being watched were worse than ever. I hated going into town now but worse than that being at home also kept me on edge. I tried to go about my normal routine as much as possible, telling myself it was all in my head. I was a nobody, unimportant, I knew there was no way someone was really watching me. I tried talking to Hope, but she was busy. First the honeymoon then relocating across country to settle into married life.


We spoke briefly, but she did most of the talking. I thought about talking to Mom, but if Dad learned about how I felt, I'm sure he'd find someway to blame it on Jonas or have me move back in with them. He'd been going on and on about how we were growing up too fast and he needed to find a way to stop that. Jonas was the only one that knew since I'd panicked that day and called him. We now talked everyday, a few times a day. Hearing his voice always made me feel better. It had been a month since the wedding. Hope had mailed Grams pictures and a copy of the video since she couldn't attend. She and Caleb were planning on coming out to visit, but she had to wait with her new job since she'd used up all of her accrued vacation time.


I've learned over the years that moments in life can change things, sometimes for the good, or in my case most times for the bad. This was one of those moments. My grandmother had died. Mom called me with the news, the retirement place where Grams lived called him. She hadn't come down for breakfast and when they went up to check on her, she was gone. Died peacefully in her sleep. I told Mom I'd be over, but I couldn't think straight. My grandmother was gone. My phone rang again just as I headed towards the shower. As soon as I heard his voice on the other end I broke down into tears but somehow I managed to rely the fact that I'd just lost another person I loved.


He was at my door thirty minutes later, I didn't expect him to come, but I was grateful he was there. As soon as I saw him, I just fell into his arms and cried. Jonas held me, rubbing my back, and just letting me soak through his shirt with my tears.

Grace: I...we...didn't even get to say goodbye. To tell her how much I loved her.

Jonas: She knew. You talked about her all the time, she knew how much you loved her.


Of course he was right, but it didn't help that I didn't get to tell her one last time. When Grandma Sha passed, we had time to prepare and say our goodbyes. I felt cheated that she left us with no warning. I didn't like losing people I loved.

Grace: Thank you for coming. You didn't have to.

Jonas: I want to be here for you Grace. Let me know how I can help.

Grace: I need to go to my parents'.

Jonas: I'll drive you.

After getting Vor fed, we piled into my truck and Jonas drove me to my parent's house. As soon as Dad opened the door I hugged him and started crying all over again.


Grace: I can't believe she's really gone.

Davis: I know. But she went peacefully. This was what she wanted.

After Grandma Sha died Dad had offered to turn her, he didn't like the thought of losing his mother, but she refused. She said she was too old and didn't want to live forever without the love of her life.

Davis: I didn't expect to see you here. Were you with her this morning?


Jonas: Um...no sir. Grace called me, she was upset so I offered to drive her.

Davis: Good.

The mood at the house was somber. Mom had made all the arrangements, Dad had called Hope. He said she was very distraught. She and Caleb were due to come visit in two weeks so Grams could officially meet him. They were taking the next flight out and would arrive tomorrow. Jonas stayed the day with me. He and Carter talked sports. Erin grilled him on things Fairies could do and needed tips on the best way to play a trick on one. She apparently had a friend that was a fairy and was always pulling pranks. Dad even laid off his over protective role for the day.



Cora: It was nice of him to come.

Grace: Yeah, he's a nice guy and a great friend.

Cora: I'm glad you have him.

The next day I was back at my parents' house waiting on Hope and Caleb's arrival. Jonas had offered to come again, but I told him it wasn't necessary. I'm sure he had better ways he could spend his days than with my grieving family. The service was the next day. Hope and Caleb planned on staying for an extra day after that. I hadn't seen her since the wedding and I was looking forward to her visit, even if it wasn't under the best circumstances. That was until she walked through the door.


16 comments:

  1. It's sad Kerri died, but it's life. I hope Grace will get over soon. I'm sure Jonas is going to help a lot, since they're seem to be getting really close now.
    I still didn't recognize that man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the downside to legacies. :( It happens as it's the circle of life. We see her live on in her child and grandchildren.

      Grace is getting there, bit by bit. The fact that she called him, and hugged him was huge! She's never touched him that closely before, it had only been a little hand holding. He's more important in her life than even she realizes.

      LOL sorry...he's only been seen once before and he was a bit younger then (another hint)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. So sad! I'm glad she's letting Jonas be there for her some. I wonder what happened after Hope walked in! In my head I heard DUn DUN DUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Yeah she woke up that morning crying and had the witness death moodlet (which is odd since she didn't really witness it. They should have a different name for it)

      She did let Jonas be there. Hell she hugged him. That's the most physical contact they've had.

      Hope...she looks a little different wouldn't you say????

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about Kerri, she is going to be missed. You are right this is the worst part of legacies, losing Sims that you love so much.

    Grace has too much going on all at once, she doesn't even realize it yet but her fear of being watched is true and now having to lose her Grandmother at the same time. She is way too fragile to begin with and thankfully Jonas is just the right one to comfort her. She is now reaching out for him and not resisting him as much as before. She let him hug and comfort her and that has to be a big step. With that creepy guy watching her she is going need Jonas more than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing Kerri was hard. :( She will be missed. I enjoyed her and it makes me happy to know Davis will remain around.

      Grace is at a tipping point. Too much change too fast, she lives on routine and it's all being thrown out of balance. When she learns she is really being watched it could send her spiraling.

      She is reaching out to him, more than she even realized. She has given up on resisting his friendship and in fact she looks forward to it. She did more than let him hug her, she hugged him. :) MAJOR PROGRESS LOL.

      Creepy guy...just what she doesn't need now or ever in her life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Poor Kerri rest in peace. : ( Atleast she and Sha are reunited in the afterlife. I am glad to see Grace is letting Jonas get close she hugged him! Which is huge progress then again so is trusting him with Vor while she went to Hope's wedding. Can't wait to see what happens next. ...That stalker looks awful familiar. I hope that this gets a quick stop put to it. Maybe Vor, Jonas, Davis, and her cop Brother-in-law can all gang up on him if he so much as harm Grace. Oh, and Hope looks amazing as a vamp. Can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, she and Sha are together again now.

      LOL yep she did. Had it been under different circumstances he would have really appreciated that moment. She does trust him a lot and that means a lot to him. She has allowed him into her life and she doesn't let anyone outside of family in. She may still see him as strictly a friend, but her actions are leaning towards other options.

      She does have lots of males in her life including that new brother in law that could kick that guy's tail. And does he look familiar????? We'll see soon enough.

      She does look great as a vamp. It was very romantic that she got turned in the same manner of her mom.

      we get two updates tomorrow.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Poor sweet Kerri, I'll just imagine her walking to meet Sha, and then getting to walk off together. Jonas is such a good friend to Grace, a slow building friendship that one day accidentally/happens by surprise becomes something more is what I'm hoping for. Speaking of Hope... I can only imagine what Davis will say! I know it was consensual but I have a feeling he'll have words for Caleb!

    Oh, stranger danger bug off. Haven't you caused Grace enough pain already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is reunited with her love now.

      Jonas eased in there showing her that having a friend wasn't a bad thing. Moments can change your life in an instant and that day did change hers. Her family can all see it, even if she's not ready to, but the way she does depend on him speaks volumes. They are working towards that something more (well Jonas is, Grace still needs to catch up).

      Yeah, well Davis might surprise you. He can't be angry about her being a vampire since he is, as are his wife and other children. He will have some words for Caleb, but then again he always does. LOL

      Yep, he needs to back off and leave he alone. She's been through enough, last she needs is to be stalked.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Aww, rest in peace, Kerri. She'll certainly be missed, but at least she and Sha are together again.

    Poor Grace. So much happening all at once. It's bound to come to a head at some point, I reckon. At least she's getting there some with Jonas, and she hugged him.

    Oooo, I think they're going to see right away that Hope looks a bit...er...different. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have sworn I answered this. Sorry. Yes Kerri will be missed. :( She had a great life and got everything she wanted out of it.

      There is a lot of change going on with Grace right now. Too much as she likes to keep to a routine. She did hug him, she was overcome with grief and didn't even think twice about it.

      LOL yeah she's just a tiny bit different.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. It's sad that Grace has lost both her grandmothers now, but now at last they can be together again.

    I just love Jonas now for being there for her and coming over anyway, even though she didn't ask him too. I hope he'll stay with her for a few days. I don't care if he has to sleep on the sofa, I just want Grace to be all right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kerri is gone. :( Downside to legacies.

      Jonas cares deeply for her and will support her however he can. Well she's planning on staying with her parents so I don't think Davis would approved of him being there. He was already questioning where he slept the night before. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. He finally got to hug her, even if it was under bad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, that's the most physical contact they've had. He's been very cautious as to what to do. She's completely in the lead on most things since he has no clue what will spook her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete