Friday, September 12, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.9


A few days after my afternoon with Jonas I got a call that was another moment in life I was unprepared for. Mom called to tell me Grammy Sha had a stroke while they were working in their yard. Grams had called 911, Mom was on duty when they arrived. I needed to contact Hope then get to the hospital, Dad was already on the way. The hospital, like the library, was a place I'd not wanted to ever visit again. The idea of going back there had me temporarily frozen in fear. I couldn't not go, my family needed me. After making the call to Hope I hopped in my truck and made the drive into town.



Seeing the look on Dad's face, it took me back to the day they found me. The heartache was so clear. Grams was crying, Mom was trying to console her. The doctors weren't hopeful that Grammy Sha would make it. When Jonas called me that evening, I was comforted, surprisingly, by the sound of his voice. He offered to come to the hospital which I thought was very nice of him, but I told him it wasn't necessary.

I'd never lost anyone I loved before. My family was always there for me, I don't know why I never considered life without them. I got my first dose of reality that night when Grammy Sha passed in her sleep. Death is a fact of life, I knew that, but that didn't make losing her any easier for any of us. Grams was very distraught so Dad and Mom took her home with them while I headed home to check on Vor who I'm sure was very confused as to why I had been gone all night. I was comforted to receive his excited greeting when I walked in. Hope texted me that she had arrived at the airport and was taking a taxi to my house, from there we would go to Grams and stay with her a few days.


Soon as I saw Grams she pulled me and Hope into hugs. Grams has always been so lively, and upbeat, seeing her like this was heartbreaking. She just looked so sad and lost, with good reason.


Her eyes were red from crying. I felt bad for her, she and Grammy Sha had been together for many years. Dad had tried to convince her to move in with him and Mom. He didn't want her in the big house all alone especially since she was older. He was making the arrangements for the funeral.



When Grams walked into the house, she started crying again. Hope took her upstairs while I prepared lunch. Grams was all alone now. Not really alone, she had all of us, but it was different. If she didn't want to live with Mom and Dad maybe she'd move in with me. I had an extra room. I'd have to remember to ask her after the services.


The funeral was small, mostly family and a few of their friends they'd made over at the senior rec center. Jonas had sent a floral arrangement and Grams took that opportunity to grill Hope and I about giving her great grandkids. We both humored her since it took her mind off the grief. I doubted Hope ever wanted to settle down, she was like Dad, but then again he did so anything was possible. Me on the other hand...they like a lot of things weren't in my future. Not unless I decided to adopt at some point, but who would really give a child to a single woman that basically lived as a recluse. Nope, no kids for me.


Hope had taken vacation, she spent a few days with Gram who decided to sell the house and move into one of those planned senior communities. Apparently she and Grammy Sha had been discussing it since the larger house was becoming too much to handle. Mom and Dad tried to get her to live with them and I offered my extra room, but she said she already had friends there, and wanted to go. It wasn't a 'nursing' home but they did keep medical staff on the premises so that did put Dad at ease. Her mind was made up so Dad and Mom spent time helping her get things in order preparing for the sale. Hope and I did get to spend some time together. I'd missed having her around.


Hope: So tell me about Jonas.

Grace: You already know about him. There's nothing to tell.

Hope: Really? You smiled every time his number showed up on your phone. I think there's a lot to tell sis. Is he cute? Is he funny?

Grace: He's just...a friend. Someone I talked to other than Vor or you guys. I guess you could say he's cute and he is funny at times.

Hope: Uh-huh...well I want to meet him so call him up.


Grace: What? I...I can't just call him up. He works he can't just drop what he's doing because my crazy sister wants to meet him.

Hope: Fine! I'll call him.

With that she snatched up my phone off the table and ran into my room locking the door. I jiggled the door, banging on it in vain to have her let me in. A few minutes later she came out all smiles and handed me my phone.

Hope: Let's hop in that heap of yours and head to town. He said he'd love to meet me. He's taking us to lunch.


I made sure Vor's bowl was full before begrudgingly heading to town. Hope was very excited, but I was nervous. They'd made plans for us to meet at Hogan's Hideaway. Jonas was waiting for us when we arrived. I made introductions and Hope elbowed me in the side and gave me a wink for some reason.

Hope: Nice to meet you. I've heard soooo much about you.

I just hung my head listening to how she stretched that word. This was a bad idea, Hope was a lot to take. Always so vibrant and full of life. Jonas just laughed and shook her hand.


Jonas: All good things I hope.

Hope: Yeah, Grace has never talked about having a friend before. You're like some rare creature that needs to be studied.

Jonas: Well, as long as dissection isn't involved, study away.


They both laughed and I was feeling like the third wheel. This was how I'd always felt when she'd drag me out with her group of friends. It was time for me to fade into the background like usual. During lunch, Hope and Jonas talked and laughed easily. They really could have had this meeting without me, but Jonas would make a point to ask me questions directly to bring me into the conversation. He made sure I didn't feel forgotten.

On the drive home, Hope kept smiling at me.


Hope: Gracie, he's a hottie! I like him.

Grace: I could tell.

I had never been bothered by Hope's friendliness before. We were exact opposites but got along great despite that fact. However seeing how easily she got along with Jonas did bother me and I didn't understand why.

Hope: Oh, Gracie, I didn't mean like that. No need to be mad, I would never move in on your territory.

Grace: I'm not mad. And what do you mean my territory?


Hope: You are mad. I can always tell.

I didn't say anything. I wasn't mad, her behavior wasn't anything new. She was the outgoing one. She could talk to people, anyone just like Dad. She always had a flock of people around her. It's who she was, people liked her and Jonas was no exception.

Hope: He likes you Gracie. A lot. You may not have paid attention but I did. He was always sneaking glances at you. He hung on your every word when you did talk. Jonas is a man that has it bad. If I had to guess, I'd say he might even be in love with you.

I gave a quick glance in her direction, frowning. She was making things up just to make me feel better. Jonas and I were friends, barely. No way did he like me like Hope was implying and he certainly wasn't in love with me.

**A/N**
The hardest part of doing a legacy is watching characters you have grown to love die. :( I am dreading the fact that Kerri will most likely not be far behind as they were only a day apart in age. Hopefully Kerri will be like the other Gruber women and live a while past the age limit.

R.I.P ShaSha Parks

**Grace is now level 6 of the gardener career and has 4 perfect plants growing. Apple, lettuce, tomato, and grapes. Three of those have been replanted. Her LTW does not appear to keep track of the plants like Davis' did on the girlfriend thing. Bummer! So I am manually keeping track and hopefully the game will do what it's supposed to when she grows that 8th perfect plant.

Bonus shot: This is how Jonas likes to spend his day when I'm not using him for shots. This and cleaning the house. He comes in handy.

17 comments:

  1. Aww so sad :-( Sha will be missed. It's hard saying goodbye sometimes. I love the pic of Jonas in the sprinkler! I Don't remember him having hair on his chest, hahah.

    The LTW - you have to have 8 perfect plants CURRENTLY planted. I *think* they still count when they're dead as long as you don't throw them out, but that may have been a glitch in my game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Sha will be missed. :( It's sad that she's gone.

      Jonas LOL well both he and Vor spend a lot of time playing in the sprinkler while Grace is working. Um the hair...yeah I always add it. Even before EA gave us body hair I had CC options I'd put on.

      Thanks for that tip. I've not done this LTW before so I had no clue they all had to be currently planted. She's up to 5 now (I'm ahead in game play) I have been throwing out the dead plants, especially the ones in the planters because she only has limited room down there.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I hate it when they pass on! No fair! Sha was a fun character and I'm glad Kerri found love with her, finally. I'm sad they are now apart.

    Maybe seeing Hope interact with Jonas will give Grace a Lil hitch in her giddy up. It seems like it stirred a bit of jealousy, even if she still refuses to accept Jonas is crazy about her. Maybe she can face her feelings and discover what they've been saying has been true all along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I am so tempted to make every one immortal LOL. I'm glad Kerri found love with her as well and they led a very happy life together.

      You might be right about that. Grace did seem to get a little jealous even if she didn't realize it. Hope wouldn't dare try to move in on Grace's guy, but Grace still had a bit of an issue. Hopefully she'll start to see things as others do.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. So sorry about Sha and yes this is the worst part of playing legacies, having to lose character you love so dearly. Davis and Cora are vampires so we never have to lose them. I always loved the make over you gave Sha she looked beautiful :)

    Loved when Hope picked up Grace's phone and called Jonas! Grace needed to hear the actual words that Jonas has feelings for her because she was never going to pick up on it herself. After all Grace is going to maybe adopt a kid and is not planning on having one of her own. Oh how wrong that girl is! Well we are hoping she is wrong because we want to see some little fairy babies some day.

    So sorry about the glitch again, do that plants show in the skill journal? If they do when it gets to 8 maybe you can Nrass it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was sad. I got the pop up saying she was getting old and then I got the one saying she had passed. :(

      Grace is still in denial about how Jonas feels, but Hope did say out loud what she saw with the two of them together. Grace however barely wants to call him a friend so she's not there yet.

      LOL the adoption, well she knows how babies are made and that right now is still a BIG NO GO for her and she's not even sure if she can be granted an adoption. :( Don't worry the 'watcher' knows what's in her future and it should be (maybe) fairy babies or at least a Solo baby.

      I don't know if it's a glitch or not since I've not done this before. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to have a counter or not. Vuneca said I have to have them all planted at the same time so we'll see how it goes.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. :( It is sad to see Sha gone and since this started with Kerri it will be incredibly sad when her time comes. I am glad that Grace has befriended Jonas as he seemed to give her comfort during this sad time. She needs to realize though that she doesn't have to fade in the background when her sister is around. I hope Kerri lives awhile longer and that Jonas and Grace get past the friendship phase and maybe Kerri will get her wish of great grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is sad to see her gone. The legacy actually started with Kerri's mom Ansley but it will still be hard when Kerri's time is up. I hate playing legacies for this reason. :(

      That was the first time Grace admitted he was a friend, she'd always denied it before. She does fade into the background around Hope. She falls into Hope's shadow because Hope is so lively and outgoing. It's how things have always been with them and she really never minded before however being around Jonas was different.

      Not sure Kerri will be around for those great grandkids. I got that warning pop up the other day that she was getting old and it would be wise to visit. :( SP also gave out inheritance money on her behalf so think her time is coming near. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. This was great, but it's always so sad when they pass. Hopefully Jonas and Hope's talk will get Grace to realize just how crazy Jonas is about her. I saw a little of the green eyed monster surface although Grace still won't admit, even to herself, how much she likes Jonas. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that part of legacy play. Having my characters die is hard. :(

      Yep the green eyes monster reared it's ugly head even if Grace isn't aware that's what happened. She likes Jonas more than even she knows and having her sister steal the show didn't sit well with her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Bye bye Shasha.... I rather expected Jonas to show up at the funeral. He was nice to send flowers.
    Their afternoon with Hope was nice, even if a little uncomfortable. Grace will come around and see that Hope is right about Jonas being infatuated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He respected her wishes and stayed away. Popping up at a funeral is a bit much, so he sent flowers instead.

      Hope enjoyed herself, but she always does. Grace is slowly making progress and hopefully she will see what Hope saw.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Nooo! :( Sha :'( I'm gonna miss her, I liked her :/ Poor Kerri, she must feel just awful. It's a good thing that this family is so big and close, it'd be horrible if she had to suffer through this on her own.

    I do really like Jonas! I think he and Grace are going to be my favourite couple ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it was sad to see her go. :( Kerri is heart broken, but she does have her family around to keep her comforted.

      Jonas is great! Davis and Cora were my favorite couple, but Grace and Jonas are getting up there battling for that spot. Jonas is just so unbelievably sweet and kind, exactly the kind of man Grace needed in her life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. The girls are fun together. Sad it took the death of their grandmother to get Hope back in town. Jonas is a good sport and enjoyed getting to meet more of Grace's family.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete