Saturday, September 20, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.12


Much to Dad's dismay, Hope was still on the show. There had been some catty moments that got Mom ticked off, especially when one of the girls slapped Hope. I'd never heard Mom get so pissed before. She started cussing, which was a shock, she never seemed to lose her temper, but she was ready to hop on the next plane to Monte Vista. It was a rare thing to hear Dad tell her to calm down, but he had too.



She went on and on about physical violence should get people disqualified, but Erin explained that they always had fights on that show at one point or another. It made for good TV, people liked the cattiness. Mom was not pleased. Jonas and I were back to talking, but something still felt different. I'd not seen him since his birthday.


Each week I drove to Mom and Dad's house, I had to pass his store and I worried that he'd see me. The day I saw him walking into the building as I drove by I found myself actually considering stopping to talk to him, but to say what. I didn't think he really wanted to talk to me anyway, so I kept driving. After the show went off I decided to finally talk to Mom about it. The whole time I was talking, she kept this weird smile on her face.


Cora: Well it sounds like a very romantic date he arranged.

Grace: It wasn't a date.

Cora: Hot air balloon rides, picnic in the park, yeah sweetie that was a date.

I frowned at her. I think watching Hope on that show was confusing her, but I found it best not to argue the point.


Grace: Regardless of our...outing...I freaked out and ran home because it was getting dark. I won't even go home when I come here for dinner because being outside at night, even for just a little while scares me still.

Cora: Well, hunny, my advice would be to stop avoiding him. If he hasn't brought it back up when you've talked, then just let it go...or you could tell him.

I frowned.

Grace: Tell him what?


She gave me that 'mom' look and I shook my head in response.She talked to me a little while about possibly giving therapy a try again. I wasn't really keen on that idea, but I told her I'd think about it.



The next day I was still thinking about Mom's advice, well part of it. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number quickly before I lost my nerve.

Jonas: Hey Grace.

Grace: Hey...um are you busy?

Jonas: Never too busy to talk to you.

I could almost picture him smiling on the other end.


Grace: Um...are you at your store?

Jonas: Yep.

Grace: Can I come by?

Jonas: Yes, of course.

Before I left, I took down one of the jars of the Cherry jam I'd made. I never got him anything for his birthday and on top of that I ran away. Hopefully he'd take this as a peace offering. The whole drive over I was nervous. I don't know why, but I was. I thought about turning around several times, but Mom's voice kept popping in my head. Stop avoiding him. Jonas had been nice to me, the least I could do was stop being as stand-offish when he'd not done anything wrong. Jonas was sitting outside on a bench when I arrived.

Jonas: Hey, I'm so glad you called.

He stepped towards me eagerly, but stopped himself and took a step back.

Grace: Yeah...thanks for seeing me. Um here.


I gave him the box and the smile on his face got bigger.
Jonas: What's this?

Grace: I...well...I feel bad for running off and I never got you a gift. I hope you like cherry. Do you like cherry?

Jonas: I love it.

Grace: Good. I've been learning how to make jams and jellies. I promise it's edible. This isn't my first batch, I've gotten better.


Jonas: Thank you.

I had a seat on the bench while Jonas stepped inside to put his gift in his office. I watched as people passed by on the street talking among themselves and was starting to feel antsy the longer I waited. It wasn't too crowded, but it was more crowded than I liked, and I got a feeling someone was watching me. I started looking around and let out a small squeal when Jonas sat next to me.

Jonas: Sorry. Are you okay?

Grace: Yeah...I just...

I looked around again, and just tried to shake off the feeling. It had to just be my nerves being out and around all the strangers passing by.

20 comments:

  1. Good on you Grace. She's getting braver every day. I have a feeling she's about to have a hard conversation, but she's been practicing with her mom (she's been having more conversations with Cora and it's great!) She cares for Jonas, or she wouldn't have sought him out. Or tried to talk to him, only to drive away the first time.

    Oh, the mom looks. I remember the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wrote in the forum but Peyton better move far away or start writing an apology letter to Hope! Now she'll have a whole family of vamps after her!

      Delete
    2. LOL that is going to have to be some apology letter!

      Delete
    3. She is getting a bit braver. She has a close relationship with her parents so talking to Cora (since Hope was unavailable) helped her. The fact that her mom and Hope both think Jonas is a nice guy puts her at ease as well. She does care about Jonas, more than she probably realizes. He wormed his way in and has become part of her circle. :) He thought he scared her off so he was very excited that she sought him out. Progress.

      LOL yeah Peyton needs to write a very long letter hahahaha You know it's bad when the level headed one gets ticked off. Let's hope Peyton and Cora never come face to face.

      thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. So Glad that Cora was able to calm down enough to give Grace that good advice. Yes Grace that was indeed a date and you need to have another and another. Calling him and going over to the store was a very big step for her and Jonas being Jonas welcomed her with open arms. Poor guy is really going through a lot with her. I wonder when she will trust him enough to tell him the whole truth, because he has to find out sooner or later.

    Was that Jonas with the baby carriage?

    LOL on Davis having to be the one to calm Cora down, I figured he would have booked the flight to Monte Vista himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah Davis got her calmed down. Cora wants to see her child happy and she thinks Jonas is the man for the job. She would never meddle, but she offers the right advice when asked.

      Yes it was a date, Cora knew it instantly, Grace is in denial. She spends a lot of time in denial LOL. Jonas will gladly take her on more, she just needs to give him the green light (in her way). By calling him, and asking to come see him, that was big encouragement for him. :D and a major step for her.

      He will find out about her past, I have that in the works, and once he learns her behavior will become so much clearer to him. Although he's been doing pretty good with handling her while in the dark.

      No, that was some random townie that was headed to the park as she turned the corner.

      LOL well Davis' main concern is Caleb, he knows Hope can take care of herself when it comes to that sort of thing. He doesn't like her being slapped either, but in the larger scheme of things he wants her away from Caleb so yeah he probably would have booked the flight, but for a much different reason. ahahahaha...Man now I should have had him say that. Encouraging Cora to go bring her home so he would sleep better at night LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. I didn't think it was Jonas but in that picture the baby looks like she has the same highlights in her hair as Jonas. I kept looking at the picture trying to figure it out.

      Delete
    3. LOL nope Jonas is not at the mercy of SP so he's not been making little fairy babies (yet) lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I got a kick out of Cora being so pissed off over what happened on the show. It isn't like Cora to get so pissed, so I had a bit of a giggle to see that temper flaring. At least she calmed down in order to give Grace some much needed advice. It's great to see Grace becoming more confident although I bet what's going to happen next isn't going to be easy for her. Thankfully, Jonas is a really, really good guy and should be able to comfort, support, and love her even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I thought the turn around would be fun. Normally it's Cora keeping Davis in line, but that changed when she saw Hope get hit. Mamma Bear was on full alert at that point.

      She did calm down and gave Grace some much needed good advice. :) It's good that she has such a close relationship with her family and can go to them for anything. Even better she listens to the advice (most of the time) which is helping her out of that shell. The fact that Cora and Hope approve of Jonas is a huge deal.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. I'm glad she's there to try and make up for running off. I wonder why she feels like she's being watched. Nerves? Plot twist?
    (I'm so jealous of the canning station, BTW. If I can ever gather enough simpoints, it's one of the sets I want the most.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonas is glad too. He was really upset that she ran off from him, even more so because he thought he did something wrong. Her calling him was a huge deal for him, especially because she asked to see him.

      You picked up on that??? Well we'll have to wait and see if that feeling has any deeper meaning or not.

      aww sorry. I had points when it came out because I was deciding between two other sets. One was gifted to me so I bought this one when I saw it. I really wanted the venue which wasn't even part of it hahahaha.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. I am so glad she talked to her mom about Jonas and decided to push through and talk to him. I have to wonder if she is really being watched or it's just her nerves...It was funny to see Davis being the one to tell Cora to calm down but yes the other girl better write a letter of apology after all who would want a family of vamps coming after them. I wonder how Davis feels about the bachelor being a vamp since he knows all that entails from his own personal experience. I can't wait to read the next chapter so off I go to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope was unavailable, but she did finally reach out to Cora. Her family doesn't want her to be alone all the time and think she should put herself out there just a little.

      The being watched thing...well we'll have to see how that goes.

      Davis...he got a kick out of seeing his wife go off and being the 'level' headed one for a change. They really are a perfect match. Peyton will need to go into hiding LOL Cora's on the war path.

      Davis doesn't mind him being a vamp, he minds him being interested in his daughter LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. At least she has made a step forward.
    Once she is more secure about him, maybe she will tell him her fear of the dark. That's a start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did. She's getting to the point where she's more comfortable around him, more than she even realizes.

      We are working our way towards her revealing her fears, he won't be kept in the dark much longer.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Look at her, she's doing amazingly on her own :3 Calling him, going out to meet him and even waiting on her own outside - she's getting so brave!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! She just wants normal and talking to both Hope and her mom helps her. They both seem to really like Jonas and she leans on that knowledge.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Gah! The foreshadowing.... oh, the foreshadowing. *what is she going to do?*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she is going to avoid that subject at all costs if she can.

      thanks for reading

      Delete