Friday, September 19, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.11


When I got home I broke down into tears. Jonas had been texting and calling me since I left but I wouldn't respond. I freaked out and ran away because I'm scared of the dark. I'm a grown woman scared of the dark. I pulled out my phone to call Hope, but remembered I couldn't. Last time we spoke she told me she'd been picked to go on some reality TV show called The One.


I thought she was crazy when she told me what it was about. She was one of ten ladies who were all trying to win the affection of the sole male on the show. What was she thinking? Those 'reality' shows are anything but. I was sure the whole thing was staged and the winner was predetermined by the producers but she assured me it wasn't. Even so, she said it would be fun and didn't see the harm since her dating life hadn't been going so well and she had tons of vacation time stockpiled.

Dad was not happy about the news, saying he didn't need or want to see his daughter making out or 'worse' on live TV. Mom was also a bit skeptical, but was supportive, Carter could care less, and Erin thought it was cool. She apparently watched that show and said the bachelors they picked were always so dreamy. Either way until the final show was taped she was not allowed access to the outside world. The producers didn't want the contestants giving away anything. My phone range again. It was Jonas again.

Grace: Vor I can't talk to him. He probably thinks I'm even stranger now than before.


Vor curled up beside me on the couch, putting his head in my lap. I scratched him behind the ears as I contemplated my options. My phone buzzed again, this time a text message.

Grace please respond to me. I'm sorry if I did something to scare you.

Grace: He's sorry? I probably ruined his birthday and he was sorry.

I said to Vor who responded by rolling onto his back for a belly rub. After giving in to Vor's request for loving, I pulled out my phone. I scrolled through the series of messages Jonas had sent. They all had the same tone, he somehow thought he'd done something. I was scared to talk to him, so opted to send a reply instead.

  
I'm fine. Sorry for running off. 

Will you answer if I call you? 

I looked at the message. If he called, he'd want to know why I left and I couldn't tell him I was scared to be out after dark without telling him why. No. Talking was out of the question. 

No 

 His reply was not instant. Minutes ticked by slowly.

Ok. Goodnight.

The next day Vor and I stayed home.
 


I worked in my garden outside since not all of my plants had gone dormant yet, then attempted to learn the art of canning some of my harvest. I managed to make come cherry jam that didn't taste too bad. Jonas sent me texts in the morning and afternoon and I responded, but noticed they were shorter than our normal ones.
 


After securing the house, Vor and I headed to my parents' place. Hope's first episode of The One was coming on and we were all gonna watch it together. Dad wasn't happy about it, but Mom told him he had to suck it up and deal. I'd never seen it before, but Erin was very excited. If nothing else, at least Hope got a free vacation to Monte Vista. It was a beautiful place, and I guess the perfect romantic setting for that kind of show. Erin was right about the bachelor, he was cute.

Davis: What is she doing? Is she really flirting with that guy?



Cora: Well, that is the point. She is on a dating show after all and he's the prize.

I couldn't help but to laugh. I don't think he was ever going to lose that my 'daughter's should be nuns' attitude.

Davis: Where in the world is his shirt! Why is he shirtless?

Erin: I like him that way. He's hot. I hope she wins, having him around at holidays would be great.


Davis: What did you say young lady? He is too old and you are too young to be making those sorts of comments.


Mom and I just laughed while Carter spent more time texting than really watching. I couldn't say I blamed him, this isn't exactly how a teenage boy wanted to spend his evenings. It was kinda fun to watch, but those ladies all trying to get the attention of one man, how was anyone really able to find true love as the show claimed in that set up?

Either way, Hope made it past round one, so that meant we'd be doing this again for at least another week. Dad was not happy, but Caleb seemed like a nice guy based on the things he said during his 'confessional' time. Carter thought it was cool he was a vampire but that was the only highlight for him. He asked if he had to be forced to watch the rest of the shows and Mom said yes. We needed to support Hope.



That night, instead of Jonas calling me, he sent a goodnight text. Over the last few months I'd gotten used to talking to him, at least once a day. I thought about talking to Mom about it, but she had her hands full with Dad. He was busy trying to track down a number for Going Solo Productions so the could tell Hope to stop throwing herself at some stranger. I went to sleep feeling like a piece of my day was missing.

**A/N**
So Piazzagirl1015 decided to to a bachelor challenge with one of her side characters, Caleb McIntyre. All the contestants were donated by other players of this challenge. It's a completely hands off challenge (well mostly hands off) just to see which lady will be most compatible with him. I linked the challenge at the top of this post so you can read about it and see how it all ends. The challenge is over and the winner has been announced.

Since most of those shows are taped in advance, I'm telling Hope's involvement from the prospect that the show is just now airing. Hope that made sense LOL. Normally if someone uses one of my characters I don't link it back to my story because I suck at trying to make things fit like that LOL. In this case it's easy enough since Hope is only a side character anyway and we hear about what she's up to through Grace.

**TV shot courtesy of Piazzagirl's blog.

19 comments:

  1. Super fun update! I can understand Davis's perspective. The whole reality tv show to find true love is a stretch. I really liked the family watching the episode together. I can only imagine! Ha, Davis wanting the girls to be nuns, he certainly wasn't pursuing nuns when he was their age... and younger! The canning station looks cool, I was wondering what it was. I still like Cora and Davis's back and forth. Poor Jonas. I hope his feelings aren't too hurt. It's got to be hard waiting things out. Hopefully Grace will figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun writing it. Playing off the craziness of the whole Bachelor thing. Since Grace goes over for weekly dinner, I thought it would be a fun family activity.

      LOL Davis knowing how he was is EXACTLY why he wants his girls to be nuns, to keep them away from guys like him.

      The canning station came with the old mill set, this was the first time I used it. PG and I talk about how this challenge is making us get our money's worth out of all the things we've bought over the years.

      Cora and Davis are a perfect match. They balance each other out very well and she's proved she has tons of patience during their unconventional dating/non-dating phase. As for Jonas, he's confused right now. He thinks she freaked out because he attempted to hold her hand. She has lots of issues to work out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Oh come on Grace you made some progress with Jonas, now he thinks you are not interested. The texts are shorter and now she is missing his phone calls. She feels like something is missing out of her day, she is going to have to make a move soon before its too late. Maybe Cora will figure out something is wrong or Grace will finally get the chance to talk to her, well that is if Cora can calm Davis down.

    Loved the family watching the show and Davis was way too funny, especially after Erin's remark. Poor Davis he doesn't know what he is in for.

    Great job on the tv screen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah she did now he thinks he scared her off. He remembered her freak out about being touched before and so he's thinking she ran off because he tried to hold her hand. :( It says something about her that she does miss his phone calls and the longer text conversations. He will be definitely following her lead on how to proceed from here.

      She will need to talk to her mom since Hope is unavailable. She knows her father is a strange man, she says it often LOL.

      Since they had weekly dinner anyway, now it's weekly dinner and a show LOL. Davis is having a heart attack watching Hope flirt and such on TV trying to get the attention of a man. He's secretly hoping she gets voted off.

      thanks, wanted to show Hope's TV debut

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh she's acared of being out at night! I was wondering why fgs she run away. He seems to be such a nice guy and she just got used to him.
    Haha when I saw Caleb I got confused. Since I'd been away for so long I thought I was mixing up the stories. I'm glad you left a small note lol.
    Such a great idea of the tv show, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... This young girl must learn to TALK lol

      Delete
    2. Yep she is scared of being out at night. I tried to drop hints in earlier chapters about her staying with Davis and Cora and when she talked about not seeing Jonas around the gardens. She has a lot of fears she needs to overcome and Jonas (unknowingly) is forcing her to face them.

      He is a nice guy and she is getting used to him, so hopefully he'll hang in there and stick around.

      LOL Caleb, yeah I asked PG if I could use a few pictures from her blog for the 'TV show'. It's my way connecting Hope's story while there.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Jonas will certainly think she isn't interested. She actually isn't. She hasn't ever given him a sign that she was. Quite the opposite, actually. It will be to her regret if he chooses to stop communicating with her. I think he would always be courteous, but, she is painfully proving she has no interest in him. Sure do understand why he has stopped calling. Slap in the face for him.... Grace needs to take a more objective look at things, not just feel bad that he hasn't called. I get that she's been through a terrible thing and I get that she's shy and afraid. She won't get any better with things or with how she sees herself by staying closed up. She needs to talk with someone that isn't family and isn't male.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace is coming out of things slowly. Jonas did take a step back because he felt he totally missed the mark and scared her off. Not a good feeling. He is waiting on her to give cues as to the next move. Hopefully he won't have to wait too long.

      She doesn't really trust anyone outside of family and they are trying to push her in the right direction with opening up and being a little less closed off.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor Grace being scared of the dark. I can relate. Being visually impaired and my vision being pretty much nil at night freaks me out. Gosh, I do hope she and Jonas can work this out and that Grace can start trusting him more.

    I had to laugh at the family TV watching. I cracked up when Davis was trying to look up the phone number for Going Solo Producers. Hehehe! That was just too good.

    OK, I"ve been a Simmer for a while now, but how did you get the shot of Caleb and Hope on the TV screen? I know Sims can play videos they take with the video camera (a feature I don't use often but will have to try for this challenge), but how did you get the still shot from PG's blog to go onto your TV screen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah she's terrified of the dark and with good reason. I can only imagine how much you dislike it as well, but for different reasons.

      Her freak out wasn't about not trusting him, it was about her. Then she feels like a dork for being so freaked out on top of all her other behaviors that she knows are pretty strange to the common outsider.

      LOL Davis...yep he's ready to go get his little girl and bring her home. He has a bone or two to pick with the TV show producers.

      Um the picture is done with photoediting. I took a picture from PG's blog and resized it to fit on the shot I took in my game. I use paint.net but if you use photoshop or anything like that it can be done. I'm not the best at photoediting, but little things like that I can do.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, she definitely has a big reason to be terrified of the dark. Yes, I hate the darkness. I don't like being out in it, especially alone. One of my big fears is losing the remainder of my eyesight, which shouldn't happen as my issue isn't a degenerative disease. It can be quite scary.

      Ah yes, I can see how she'd feel like a dork for freaking out. She's not sure what to make of the whole thing, especially her feelings about Jonas, so she could just imagine how weird he must think she is, but in reality, he doesn't.

      LOL! Yeah, I always get such a kick out of Davis. He used to be a player and doesn't want his daughters to fall victim of such antics. Ah, dads. Gotta love 'em. :)

      Ah, so it sounds like you did some layering with the photo. I'm not great at photo editing myself, but hubby got quite good at it. We have Photoshop which can do wonders.

      Delete
    3. You are right about Davis. He knows how he was and knows there are other guys like him and don't want his daughters anywhere near them. Only he looks at all men as if they are like him so none stand a chance. .

      Grace does feel like the odd ball in the family and she knows her social skills are lacking therefore she feels even worse for freaking out. He doesn't see things the same way which is good for her.

      Yes layering. It's a basic thing I can manage to do.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE LOVE how you linked PG's story in! SO great. I hope that Jonas backing off has a big effect on Grace. She's missing the convos at night and his texts, so hopefully she realizes she wants to keep him around. Davis is hilarious! Trying to call them and talk to Hope, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun putting the two together. Since Hope didn't 'live' in town anyway for story purposes, it was easy to have her life told through Grace so when she went on the show, making the adjustment didn't take much work, especially since PG's challenge is over.

      Jonas backing off is having an effect. She is used to him being there, talking to him either through text or calling so for him to pull back left her lonely. She likes Jonas, she's just not fully aware how much yet.

      LOL Davis. I know I jipped you all with not showing more of the teen years, but I'm trying to make up for it now. Davis is way over the top with how he sees his little girls and doesn't like having that vision of them tainted. He was trying to find a way to contact his daughter and tell her to behave.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. You linked TheOne in so well!! I love how they all watch it together, haha, poor Davis is not a happy bunny at all!

    I hope Grace talks to Jonas again soon. It'd be great if she could explain her fears to him and her reasons for being so cautious around men, I'm sure he'd understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! PG and I tried to coordinate this as best we could after the winner was chosen. Davis is not happy at all...he has a few more weeks of watching this show LOL

      He would understand, she just doesn't like to talk about it. She is trusting him more, but that's not a conversation she wants to have so will avoid it as long as possible.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Oh no! My heart is breaking for Jonas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( yeah, he set up a very nice outing and she ran. He's very confused right now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete