Monday, July 7, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.12


At first I kept up with the weekend visits, but they started to slip. Some times after getting back in town after being gone all week, all I wanted was a quiet few days of relaxing or maybe a not so quiet night out clubbing.


Work was going well, and I knew the girls were well cared for with Mom, and they were young. It's not like they'd notice whether I came by or not. However Mom noticed. She'd call me fussing about not stopping to see the girls. I'd appease her by saying I'd come by, but sometimes...well I'd get sidetracked.


Gillian and I had just started seeing each other. She was a bartender at Red Velvet Lounge. She was a cute girl, fun to hang out with, and was great at mixing drinks. She was down for a good time, partying, hanging out that sort of thing. Keep it casual was her motto. A girl after my own heart almost. Mom finally got fed up with my no shows and showed up one day. I was sleeping good when she stormed into my room and dumped water on my head.


Davis: What the hell?

Kerri: Get your irresponsible butt up!

Davis: Mom? What are you doing here? And how did you get in?
 
Kerri: You gave me a key remember, in case of emergencies.

Davis: Yeah well there's not a fire on my head!

Gillian: Um...Davis?


Crap! I'd forgotten I wasn't alone. Gillian looked from me to Mom and her face was red as she clutched the covers tightly to her body to cover her nakedness. Mom was unfazed by the woman in my bed, in fact it fueled her on more as she continued to lay into me.

Kerri: This sort of behavior is what landed you with the two girls that are downstairs! The two girls you've neglected to see for weeks now.


Gillian: You have kids?

Davis: You brought them here?
 I asked directing my attention to my mother and ignoring Gillian's question.


Kerri: You're their father, this is where you are, shirking your responsibilities I might add, so this is where they will be. I've already called your boss, he said you don't have any scheduled trips for the next two weeks, so they will stay here with you. I'll come over here to watch them while you go to work then I'm going home!

Mom turned and stormed out of the room, with me running behind her. I got to the bottom of the stairs and saw the girls playing with toys she'd brought. She gave them kisses on the head.

Davis: Mom, you can't leave them here! I don't have anything for them. No food, no place for them to sleep, and are they house trained?


Kerri: The word would be potty trained, not house trained, they aren't puppies and the answer to that question would be a no. As for getting them stuff, go to the baby store and you can pick up everything you need.

Davis: Um...and how am I supposed to get them there? I have a two seater.

Mom smiled and grabbed her keys out of her purse, tossing them at me.

Kerri: Guess I'm taking the sports car.


She picked up my car keys off the table and walked out. Hope started crying immediately, crawling towards the door my mom had just left through. Her tears made Grace cry. I heard my car crank up and pull off.



I stood watching those two girls cry and had no clue what to do with them. Gillian came downstairs and picked up Hope. She held her close, much like that first night Cora had shown up. It must have been some sort of instinct women were born with that made them a natural at this sort of thing. I picked up Grace and mimicked Gillian's actions.



After getting Hope calmed down, Gillian sat her back on the floor and started gathering up her purse and stuff.

Davis: You're leaving?

I was terrified about being left alone with these girls. I had no clue what to do with them.

Gillian: Yeah..Davis, look you're fun to hang with and all, but...kids....um I'll call ya.


I stared once again at the door as Gillian walked out. I'd never had a girl walk out on me before. She gave me the 'I'll call you' line, that was my line. I knew all too well that mean I'd most likely never hear from her again. Grace reached up and pulled my hair.


When I yelled ow, she started giggling. Her laugh reminded me of Cora. With a heavy sigh, I put Grace down. I needed stuff, which meant I needed to get dressed. When I started up the stairs, both girls followed me. Grace slipped and tumbled backwards and started wailing. Great! Five minutes in my care and I broke one. I rushed down the stairs to her, the other one tried to follow and also slipped. Luckily I moved fast enough to catch her. Both girls were crying at this point.

Thirty minutes later, I got them both calmed down and just carried them upstairs. I closed and locked the door to my bedroom before going to shower. Once I was dressed, it took me another 45 minutes to figure out how to work the car seats. Two hours and nearly two thousand dollars later the sales person assured me I had everything I needed for the girls.



My gym was now converted into a make shift nursery. There were toys and high chairs and so much crap. Who knew babies, such little people needed so much stuff. Big stuff. It was insane. The most important item I bought was baby gates. We had two weeks together...let's hope all three of us could survive this.


Girlfriend count: 7 (just know he will end up dating 11 women since his counter messed up)
Fawn Goodfellow
Tiffany Angles
Evion Frost
Paris Vanderbuilt
Alysia Abbott 
Raven Allure 
Gillian Sherrod 

Toya Stanley is all grown up.



Also Ichelle and Graham had another kid. A little boy finally. I'll grab a shot of him next time I'm in game. He just aged to toddler. Elise is married now to Jamal Pok and they also just had a son. Will get that shot as well.

16 comments:

  1. I was waiting for the Kerri melt down to happen the minute I saw Davis in the hot tub and than at the club. I said Kerri is going to be pissed and she was. She really let him have it and I love that she took his sports car.

    Oh when he said house trained I actually said out loud Oh come on they aren't dogs and than I LOLed when I saw the puppy comment from Kerri.

    Watching Davis slip into the Mr Mom role is certainly going to be funny. I am really looking forward to the next update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...he did look like he was enjoying life didn't he. Kerri was good for a little while, but she knew it was time her son grew up and acted like a man. He can drive her car and she can cruise around in the sports car.

      hahahaha I loved that comment by him. It showed just how clueless he really is. Oh those poor girls being left with him...Kerri is only a phone call away and hopefully she has faith that her son can handle them. She wouldn't really put them in danger of being neglected.

      He is going to get a taste of what Cora has dealt with for the last few years...and will have to learn that his cute smile may not work on all females. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. I really had to laugh about her taking his sports car...Davis needs to grow up and maybe this will be a reality check....His mom had every right to be mad...I know I would be. Can't wait to see how the two weeks goes it should be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, no backseat, no problem for Kerri. His car is cute and fast, so she'll enjoy riding in style. He can drive the sedan.

      She did have every right to be mad. She was supposed to keep them while he worked but he took advantage. She let him know real quick that even though she loves the girls, they are his and he should be the one primarily caring for them. Davis learned his mom isn't that much of a push over LOL.

      Will they survive these two weeks? Should be fun to watch.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Shafer249 here.. wow I missed two updates. But good for Kerri! Make him take responsibility! LOL.. House trained? Oh Davis, so clueless with babies. I like the fact his mom took the sports car. The next two weeks with the two little ones should be quite the experience for Davis! Like the nursery btw : ) can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri knew that unless she forced the issue, he wouldn't do it. Davis is very set in his ways and truly didn't see having kids as a reason to change his lifestyle.

      Yep...house trained. Davis has no clue what to do, but he's a smart man, I'm sure he can figure it out. Hopefully at the end of those two weeks he'll have a new respect for his mom and Cora.

      aww, thanks. Glad you liked it. Had to squeeze stuff in between all his gym equipment. LOL

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. So many laughables in this one!
    Are they house trained?
    I broke one.
    ^^ my favs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Davis...he has a long way to go. Let's hope the girls aren't traumatized during these two weeks.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. "Looks like I'm taking the sports car!" Love it.
    I was wondering how long Davis's sweet little set up would last. I'm sure Kerri was giving him a moment to absorb what was happening before springing 2 kids full time on him, which was more than she needed to do, and was very kind & generous. Poor Gillian, how embarrassing! I'm sure Davis will do just fine with the girls, certainly less intelligent sims (..and people) have raised children just fine. There may be a few bumps and bruises along the way. "House trained.." oh lordy, get ready to have all your favorite things broken, Davis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yep Kerri reached her limit and making him take responsibility. They are his, he's a grown man and needs to act like it. She was fine with the weekend arrangement until he stopped coming around. He just thought she would take care of them and he wouldn't have to change his life around at all. She showed him how wrong he was.

      LOL yeah Gillian...not the wake up call she wanted.

      He's a smart man, he'll be able to figure it out if he sets his mind to it. hahaha yes house trained :P he's gonna need a lot of help.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Hahaha. Awesome. I laughed so much. Maybe some tough love is just what he needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah. Davis thought he had it easy until Kerri showed him differently.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. *LOL* House trained.... Broke one... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha...yep, those girls are in trouble being left with him LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Kerri, those are some mad parenting skills! :O Despite him thinking that he 'broke one' :D Well, there's no better way to learn how to do something than to actually do it! Do wonder how he'll cope, but at least know he has no choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kerri doesn't mind helping, but she's not about to let him dodge his responsibilities! She knows when to use tough love with him.

      LOL yeah he was a bit clueless on how to handle them but he's a smart man, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete