Saturday, July 12, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.14



I was getting the hang of this dad thing. The girls loved being with me, and who could blame them. I was probably the coolest dad ever! Plus no female could resist my charm, not even ones in diapers. Speaking of...potty time was still torturous!



It was hard to believe almost two years had passed since the day Cora first showed up on my doorstep. We still talked or texted often. She was nearing the end of her program. Just one more year to go and her grades were high. I was proud of her. She had a minor set back with the girls, but her ambitious goal oriented ways kept her focused on her dream of becoming a doctor.


She still came home often, she missed the girls a lot. I'd do video 'chats' when I had them sometimes, not that they actually talked much. Their vocabulary was limited, but we were working on it.They had momma and more importantly da-da down packed. When Cora came home for summer break, I'd actually hoped she'd stay with me, but she ended up staying with Mom and Sha. She would stay on the weekends, and I found myself looking forward to having her around. Even if she did keep kicking me to the couch. Friends only, she'd tell me.






We did things as a family, reminding me of my time as a kid and all the stuff Mom would do with me. And after the girls were in bed we'd hang out. I quickly learned to pick scary movies because she'd end up sitting close to me to hide her face on the really terrifying parts.


Cora quickly had be come a part of the family. Dad loved her, Mom still hinted around at me needing to make an honest woman of her. Mom had even gotten Grams on her side and they both would be on my case about settling down, something about needing to set a good example for the girls. Sha was the only one that didn't ride my case about marriage, but I could tell she agreed with them. Cora was great, but marriage...still not my thing. Even if I did miss her after she'd gone back to school.


Mom and I had a good routine going with my work schedule. I'd have them fed and changed in the mornings before leaving for work. Then she threw a kink in things. She and Sha decided to take an anniversary trip to France. Before they left, she went through the process of interviewing and hiring me a temporary nanny. I wanted to just have Grams watch them, but since her health hadn't been the best, Mom didn't think that was a good idea. The morning she showed up at my door, Chrissy was not what I was expecting.


My mom...hired her...as my nanny. I was expecting some old woman not this hot babe in a fitted tank top and a pair of jeans that hugged her ass like nobody's business. She couldn't have dressed like that for the interview, no way Mom would have hired if she had. Well either way I was please with what I saw. Even after Mom and Sha got back from vacation, I continued to see Chrissy.



She was fun to be around, she was good with the girls and she was easy on the eyes. I realized after a few weeks of seeing her, that she was the first woman I'd dated since Gillian had left that day. Between work and taking care of them, I didn't really have the time. Mom didn't really approve of me dating the nanny, or really anyone that wasn't Cora for that matter. She was really hoping I was growing up and 'settling' down. She was not pleased when I blamed her for hiring a nanny that was so hot. A few weeks later, we got a call from Hector, Grams had died. Mom was heartbroken. I was heartbroken.


I called Cora to let her know and she came the next day, her professor understood about there being a death in the family. Grams and I had a special relationship, I was going to miss her and I hated the fact she didn't get to see the girls grow up. I was however more thankful now that she did at least live long enough to get great-grandchildren. After the funeral, Mom asked to take the girls. Cora and I both agreed. Cora surprisingly came home with me, saying she didn't want me to be alone.


People always say that grief can bring people together in strange ways, and that night we broke her friends only rule.




***
So...sadness, my founder Ansley (Gruber) Squires died after living 12 days past her day limit. Like her mom, marrying that younger man really seemed to extend her life. RIP Ansley Squires. She found love late in life, but she found it.











Chrissy Roe is a sim Davis met using the Sim finder app. I'd never done that before, but he rolled a want to meet a sim that way so I said why not. Gave her a bit of a background story (and a small makeover) and there ya have it. It was funny, I put in the requirements and she literally showed up at his door within minutes.

It's been a while since I updated this list, he wasn't lying about not having time to date between trying to teach the girls their skills and working. LOL Since Cora 'technically' isn't there to help, I'm making him do most of the work.

Girlfriend count: 8 (just know he will end up dating 11 women since his counter messed up)
Fawn Goodfellow
Tiffany Angles
Evion Frost
Paris Vanderbuilt
Alysia Abbott 
Raven Allure
Gillian Sherrod 
Chrissy Roe


Family Shots

Jameel Stanley is now a kid




16 comments:

  1. Wow...I keep hoping for him and Cora but....guess he still has a few more ladies to go....I can't wait to see how the girls age up and I am glad he's gotten into a routine w/ them. I hope after he reaches his eleven...that he will pck one to stay with.....Davis is showing his little devil side again by going for the Nanny then Cora....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah he still has more girls to date. The girls should be aging up soon, I think maybe the next update has their birthday or the one after, can't remember.

      Davis got off to a rough start, but he's learned how to care for them and is pretty good at it. LOL you sound like Kerri wanting him to settle down. :P Davis is loving his life right now, he sees no need for it.

      Well, you can blame Kerri for putting the nanny in his path LOL and the thing with Cora was very unplanned. Grief can make you do strange things...she offered him comfort...

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Me thinks someone is falling in love! He wants Cora around and he knows it, he just doesn't know that he loves her. Hopefully he will find out soon enough but he has a few more hearts to break first. He says he is not ready for marriage which is probably true, but will he feel the same if Cora moves on. That might be the one thing that will change his mind and make him realize his true feelings.

    I see he considers himself to be the coolest Dad ever, if it wasn't official before it sure is now. The girls have him in the palms of their hands.

    Davis blaming his Mom for hiring the hot Nanny was too funny and just so Davis!

    So sorry about Ansley, its hard to lose your founder. Loved the memorial you posted for her at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you think? I'm not sure Davis would agree with that but like you said, he could just be clueless. He's not done breaking hearts just yet so maybe he'll figure it out soon. Kerri certainly wants him to settle down LOL.

      Marriage is so far from Davis' mind it's not even funny LOL. That man says he's a bachelor for life! But...you may be on to something with how he may feel should Cora start dating someone. That could be the kick he needs to get himself together. Maybe.

      LOL he is the coolest dad ever! Those girls have wormed their way into his life and heart, there's no going back now.

      LOL of course it was Kerri's fault. She knew what kind of man her son is, how could she hire someone that looked like her and not expect him to want to hook up? LOL

      :( I am going to miss Ansley. SP gave her some rough times, but she had a good life in the end. Glad you liked the memorial.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Guess Cora beat out Chrissy for his attention.
    Sad about Ansley, but it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora beats out everyone...

      yeah my founder has passed, but it does happen. Part of life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. I agree that Davis is somehow in love with Cora. I think he won't admit it because it looks like real love and not what he is used to feel towards women in general, which is more like sexual attraction. In addition to it, looks like he's scared to death of getting married, having a family. But what he doesn't know (maybe) is that he has already become what he was scared of, even if only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cora is more special than the other women that run through his life. He doesn't understand why but he knows she is. LOL marriage...so not his thing, not even a little bit, but then again neither were kids. He didn't plan on having them, but now that he does he couldn't imagine life any other way. All that talk he did as a teen about Wolfie and never going the same route with settling down...maybe now it's not such a far fetched idea.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. "Plus no female could resist my charm, not even ones in diapers." I'm not sure that should be your target age group, Davis. Although, being some old rich widow's arm candy could be beneficial I suppose. >_<
    I like Davis's relationship with Cora, they seem to be so natural together. I hope he makes good some day. :) From your a/n's it seems like they would be a good fit together. Lord help them when those girls are teenagers, I sense some Wolfie-like anxiety/come-uppance in Davis's future.

    HOW Kerri hired Chrissy is, umm, confusing. I haven't used the simfinder app very much. Meh.

    Poor Ansley! She was a good founder. I hope Davis doesn't use his grief to to much advantage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahaha....rich widow's arm candy. Not sure Davis likes the older women, but...you never know with him.

      Aww yay. I'm glad they come across that way. That's the effect I was after. For them to click and fit together even if they don't know they do LOL. Yes...OMG those two are gonna be all over each other when I'm no longer in control. I just know it.

      The teen years should be fun! Davis not wanting them to date being over protective, it's gonna be crazy I'm sure.

      Well, Chrissy didn't show up dressed like that. She was very professional and came with great references! It was the first time I used the app as well. They really do show up at your door right after you put in the requirements. It's very handy LOL

      Yeah :( I knew it was coming, but it was still sad. And he won't use the grief, that night was just one of those things...it just happened

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Aw. It can be so hard when a founder SIM dies :-( I'm glad Davis and Cora are getting close though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to get that notice about Ansley. It did bring Davis and Cora closer together...for now

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. It might be Cora who stays in Davis's life, but he better cool things with the nanny, not good.... hes such a flirt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well Cora has had the most staying power even if it's not directly.

      Hey...Kerri hired that nanny, she should have picked someone not so attractive. ;)

      Delete
  8. rip Ansley :( It's always a said day when the founder dies :(
    I'm surprised Kerri hired that nanny oO Just how did she dress to make her thing that she'd be a good choice? Though I still think that Davis is in love with Cora. I think he knows it, too, he's just not ready to admit it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sad. Hardest part of a legacy.

      LOL Davis was too. She dressed a whole lot more conservative for the interview and had great references.

      Davis does have a connection to Cora, he's not ready to admit it's love, but he knows she's not like the other women in his life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete