Friday, July 25, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.19


I tried to keep things casual with Blythe but it didn't work. She was sweet, and fun and just sort of struck a cord with me like...Cora did. Of all the women I'd dated, Blythe was only the second one to really meet Mom and Sha. They both took a liking to her. When the girls came to visit she was happy to meet them. She'd get up in the mornings and fix them breakfast since she didn't approve of me feeding them pop-tarts and other non-healthy options.


Hey they never complained. Hope warmed up to her quickly, Grace took a little while longer. We'd have fun on family outings and have dinner some nights with Mom and Sha. Mom often had that look of hope that I was finally settling down.








I liked Blythe, I did but something still felt like it was missing. Mom thought it was all in my head since I was a self-proclaimed bachelor for life according to her. Cora called me after the girls went back, I guess they told her about Blythe and she was asking questions. She didn't approve of me having a parade of women run through the girl's life. I told her Blythe was the first one I'd introduced them too.


She asked me if it was serious and when I told her I thought it could be the tone of the conversation changed. She seemed ticked off, but also a little sad and got off the phone with me quickly. I continued to see Blythe and when the girls came out for Christmas, and for summer, they were happy to see her. Cora had become a little stand offish again, the girls said she was tired a lot working late hours at the hospital. I tried really hard not to grill the girls about their mom and her relationship, but when I heard some of the things they told me, I was worried about them and Cora.


Grace: Dad are you going to marry Blythe?

Davis: I'm not sure why?

Grace: Well, cuz you are with her all the time and you guys are happy.

Hope: Yeah, we like her. You should marry her like Mom is gonna marry Tristan. She said we'd be her flower girls when we got back.

Davis: They are getting married when you guys go back?

Grace: Uh-huh. Mom had been putting it off. They didn't know, but Hope and me would hear them talking.


Hope: Yep. Tristan was mad that Mom wouldn't set a date, but she finally did I guess. She told us when we talked to her the other day.

That was interesting news. I knew they'd been engaged for a long time, but I had no idea it was Cora that was putting things on hold. She was so gung-ho to get married I thought she'd had jumped at it the first chance she got. I'd known she was planning on marrying that guy, but hearing that the date had been set had an unsettling feeling on me.

Hope: Hopefully now she'll be happy too.


Davis: What do you mean?

Grace: Well sometimes she's just sad. When she thinks we're not around she cries for no reason.

Hope: Yeah, but she gets happy when you call. Maybe you should call her more often.

The girls didn't say much after that since Mom showed up. They were having a girls' spa day and they were very excited. After they left, I called Cora but she didn't answer. She sent me a text saying she was working and would call me later. When I did talk to her, I noticed she sounded tired. I offered my congratulations on her upcoming wedding, she was shocked I knew about it but I just told her that the girls were excited to be her flower girls.

We talked for a short while about things that were not the girls activities. She'd gotten a promotion at work and was in line to take over the department in a few years. It felt good to talk to her just as friends and not only parents. After the girls went back, I found myself getting more and more distracted as her wedding date approached. Blythe started to complain that I was being distant. Something just didn't feel right there and I couldn't put my finger on it. I called and asked her to meet me after she got off work.


Blythe: Hey you. I'm glad you called.

Davis: Yeah, we need to talk.

Blythe: About?

Davis: I think you know. I am not being fair to you, and not giving you what you need in this relationship.

Blythe: Are you breaking up with me?

The tears had already started. I hated tears.


Davis: I enjoyed our time together, I really have, but my head just isn't in it right now.

This had to be the hardest break up, since it was an actual break up. We'd dated, exclusively, for a year and half. I knew she was probably hoping for a proposal.


It actually pained me to try and answer her why, what changed, and we can work through it pleas. She finally left me standing in the park alone after she ran off in tears and heartbroken. Two days before Cora's wedding I went to talk to mom.


Kerri: Hey darling, this is a nice surprise.

Davis: Hey Mom, can we talk?

Kerri: Of course.


I walked over and gave Sha a hug before following Mom into the kitchen.

Kerri: What's up? How's Blythe?

Davis: Well...we broke up?

Kerri: What? Why? I liked her.


Davis: I did too, but it wasn't right.

Kerri: How so?

Davis: I don't know. Ever since I learned about Cora's wedding things changed.

 Kerri: Ah, Sha and I fly out tomorrow.

Davis: You're going?!


Kerri: Yes dear, she invited us.

That was news to me. I talked to Mom a few times and she never mentioned getting an invite to the wedding.

Kerri: It will be nice to see the coast even if we don't see a wedding.

Davis: What? Why wouldn't you see the wedding?


Kerri: Because I'm hoping that my thick-headed son will finally tell the woman he loves that he loves her. And that she'll do the same and that they will quit being so bull headed and just get together already.

Davis: What?

Kerri: Oh please...that fact was easy for everyone to see if they spent anytime in the same room with the two of you. Well easy for anyone than the two of you that is.


I just smiled and gave her a hug before going home and booking the next flight to Barnacle Bay.

Girlfriend count: 10 (just know he will end up dating 11 women since his counter messed up)
ONE MORE TO GO FOR HIS LTW TO BE DONE!
Fawn Goodfellow
Tiffany Angles
Evion Frost
Paris Vanderbuilt
Alysia Abbott 
Raven Allure
Gillian Sherrod 
Chrissy Roe
Rebecca Alston
Apple Blythe Wood-Thanks PG for letting me use her. Be sure to check out her Story.

**Bonus shot**
Some of the pictures I lost. I really love the romantic shots

14 comments:

  1. I think it's passed time those two had an honest talk! I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah they do. Hopefully it'll go well if they can both admit how they feel.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, he sure has been busy! :D
    I really like the fond, btw. May I ask which one it is? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah he has. That boyfriend to 10 sims thing kept him that way. :) He didn't complain though.

      Um, the font is Indie Flower (had to check the settings)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. OMG I loved this chapter so much and I can't wait for the next update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So Cora was putting off the wedding until the girls told her about Blythe. Cora thought Davis moved on and was jealous so she planned the wedding.

    The minute Davis finds out about the wedding it bothers him and he did the right thing by breaking up with Blythe at that time because deep down he knows he wants to be with Cora. No sense of stringing someone along and putting off the inevitable.

    Thank God Kerri talked some sense to him now all I hope for is that he gets to the chapel in time to stop the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...so glad you enjoyed this one. Hopefully all the updates this weekend bring you good feelings.

      Yep Cora was delaying the wedding, that was a very telling thing on her part and something Davis didn't even know. Hearing she was not actually getting married stirred something in him just like hearing him have a long term steady girlfriend stirred something in her. Those two need to get it together for sure. He was good to break things off with Blythe and he did it face to face. Even with his dislike of tears. LOL

      Kerri, she loves her son, but he's thick headed sometimes but she let him make his own way. For the most part. LOL

      Let's see if he gets there or not.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. I knew the second that Davis mentioned how serious he was about Blythe that Cora would get jealous as all get out. Then, when the daughters talked about how she'd been the one to put off the wedding... yeap.

    Woo! Go Davis! Get yo' butt over there and tell that woman once and for all how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yep. Those two just can't seem to get it right. They both don't like the idea of the other dating, but they won't admit it.

      Well, Davis is on the way to try and get the girl. Hopefully it'll work out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. A part of me thought they might end up together. I hope it isn't too late for either of them and that they get their head on right. I imagine the girls would be thrilled that their parents were together. Can't wait to see what happens when Davis arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...it's not over yet. Kerri is hoping they can work it out, but those two are very stubborn. The girls have never known their parents that way, but I'm sure they would love it.

      The outcome of this trip will come up in the next chapter.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. For supposedly being smart, Davis is pretty dumb... or blind? heh
    The scary thing is that he has to date one more??? uh oh, I bet he's too late, or Cora isn't moved, something....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Kerri thinks the same thing hahahaha

      He's so set in his ways he couldn't see what was right in front of him.

      off to see if he's too late or not

      Delete
  7. Oh finally! I can't wait to see that talk! (and I think this was the first chapter I read of yours after I re-joined the challenge, so woo!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's how Kerri felt too! She tried to not be the meddling mother but she is happy he finally got his act together.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete