Friday, July 11, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.13


The longest two weeks of my life! I'd get home from work, Mom would kiss me on the cheek and leave. She would always leave. I honestly thought after the first day or two, she'd cave and just take them again, but she didn't. She would drive off in my car leaving me with two little beings that needed stuff. They always needed stuff and if I didn't get it they let me hear about it.



I honestly didn't know how two things so small could make so much dang noise. And the smells! Oh my goodness the stuff that came out of their bodies was enough to make me hurl and I lived in a frat house!



That place was nothing compared to emptying the potty chairs or changing diapers. Changing diapers...that was an experience especially when I put on the new one wrong and it promptly fell off just as Hope started to pee. Mom laughed when I called her, she LAUGHED like this was all some sort of big joke. Eventually I got into a rhythm with them.


I have to admit it was a pretty good feeling the first time I saw Hope take a step. Cora called me almost daily while they were with me. I could hear in her voice she was worried I'd do something to them.


I assured her we were doing ok, leaving out that they had both fallen down the stairs that first day. I assured her I was not sleeping through their cries at night either.


To make sure I wouldn't, I slept upstairs on the floor. Hope was the more out going one. She'd try to get into everything if I wasn't watching.



Grace would sit quietly playing if I needed to tend to her sister. Between Mom, Sha, and Grams, the girls were well on their way to being spoiled. By the end of the two weeks, I was beat. True to her word, Mom took them again during the week, but only if I had to travel. Weeks I didn't and every weekend they were now at my house since it was equipped for them.




When Cora would come visit, she'd reluctantly stay with me, saying she didn't want to disrupt their routine too much. I'd graciously let her have the bed, well after she vetoed sharing it with me, and slept on the sofa. We'd even spend some quiet time together after the girls were in bed. She told me about how her program was going.



It was harder than she imagined, but she was loving it. In the end, it would be all worth it when she'd be able to provide a good life for her and the girls. I'd never admit this to her, but hearing her talk about life with the girls that didn't include me kinda made me feel strange. Over the last several months I'd gotten used to having them around, even if it wasn't full time. I wasn't sure I liked the idea of her taking them away and me not seeing them.

**A/N**
So Davis is only at level 4 of his job right now since the game gave him days off when the  girls were born. I had no idea the dads got days off...I was slightly annoyed by that fact! On the upside, when he did go back to work he went from level 3 to level 4 that same day since while he was off he moved up using the analyze statics option.

Oh...fun (and gross) facts. Ichelle keeps calling Davis to go out on dates. She's his great-aunt (I think...so hard to remember family relations) either way they are related. She also has sent him 2 love letters. If this is how she acts, I'm surprised she and Graham haven't gotten divorced. Boyd and Bellisma have been for a while now, yet they still live together but are dating different people. SP does some strange things.

Family shots
Jameel Stanley--son of Ichelle and Graham

Kyle Pok (Elise's son)

16 comments:

  1. I laughed so much at the first part watching Davis take care of the twins, especially with the potty chair and the diaper falling off and Grace peeing after it fell off. If there would be one time in Davis' life that he was lucky to have two girls, it would be for diaper changing.

    Whether he likes it or not the girls are getting to him, just like I expected them too. He can't imagine his life without the girls which means he is growing up.'

    Do I know all about those letters and attraction, its so annoying and some of them like you just mentioned way too wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...his two weeks with them was funny. And you are sooo right about him being lucky it was a girl that peed and not a boy at that moment. Kerri had faith her son could figure it out and he did.

      They are growing on them, I mean they are two cuties, how could they not. He didn't want kids but he's not a total jerk to abandon them now that he knows about them. This experience will be good for him. :)

      LOL OMG I am so over SP and their hook ups! You saw the one I posted on the thread about Nickolas, Boyd, and the girl that had Boyd's 3rd child. It's nuts!!!!

      Delete
    2. You are right they had to grow on him in the end they are his kids. At first he didn't want kids but he didn't know them, now he knows them so his attitude is changing. I still can not wait to see his reaction on 2 things, when Cora wants to take them back and when they start dating.

      I have an attraction that either can beat Vuneca's Wilson and Wind flirting or be right on the same level. However I think if we were playing Can you top this I would win. Going to post the screen shot pretty soon as a bonus shot.

      Delete
    3. Yep they are his and even though he didn't want them, he couldn't deny the draw he as to them. He is a good guy after-all...I'm enjoying the change he's having from party animal-womanizer to a family man of sorts LOL.

      Well his reaction to Cora will be coming up soon. :( And them dating LOL...man when they become teens it's gonna be funny.

      LOL on the attraction thing. I think Davis and Cora could get in on that game. No lie, when I have to make the argue for screen shots the moment they stop, they start flirting on their own. They are impossible to keep apart at times. Can't wait to see the screen shot.

      Delete
  2. SP can be weird....I had to laugh about the diaper changing....glad he figured it out and that the girls are growing on him...I can only be hopeful that something will work out and he can continue seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah SP throws some curve balls for sure.

      He had no clue about diapers, but he learned quickly, it was either that or a lot of messes to clean up LOL. As they grow on him, it will be harder for him to just let them go when Cora gets back.

      We'll see how that goes soon.

      Delete
  3. Awwwww.... he's getting attached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep...he is. They are cute, and his kids, how could he not?

      Delete
  4. Just as I imagined, he's getting stressed with the kids but somehow his father side is showing up. Davis may be a "Don Juan" but he's not a bad guy, not at all. And he's getting attached to his kids (no wonder, they're so adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is getting stressed, he is way out of his element with them, but he's managing. You're right, he's not a bad guy. (that good trait of his LOL) he just loves the ladies and likes to party. He is always very honest with the women he comes across. They are cute...I love those two girls and he can't help but to love them as well. He is their father after all.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. "and I lived in a frat house!" these lines kill me. I can almost hear him say them. I remember doing childcare and telling my mom my exploits, most notably the "chilli diaper" incident, and the "he's been constipated for 4 days, but we had him adjusted by the chiropractor and it should help" incident. In a word.. floodgates. Opening. I guess that's two words. My mom would chuckle, and say "Yep. Thats raising kids!" I don't think I was looking for an award, some commiserating maybe.

    Davis will start seeing the positives, I have a feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis has been fun to write. He's full of funny thoughts and seeing things through a man's eye has been fun.

      LOL...I never worked in childcare, but I have 4 so I am all to aware of all the nasty smells and such little people can make.

      I'm sure the girls are/will grow on him

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Davis seems to be more into taking the responsibility, for now.
    Has he told his Dad? That will be interesting. He could have had Boyd take them. ;)
    Cora's smart by staying away from him. Davis has a lot to overcome before she should even consider sharing his bed again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis had a crash course in parenting like most new parents. Kerri wouldn't have left the girls if she really didn't think he was capable of taking care of them.

      I'm sure Boyd knows, but he 'lives' in Bridgeport so he wouldn't have been an option to take them.

      Cora is trying her best to keep him at arms length.

      Delete
  7. N'aww, poor Davis, having no idea what to do! But it sounds like he's slowly fallen for them without realising it. It'll be interesting how he'll cope with it when Cora is done with her program and takes the girls away again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's catching on. The girls are fairly good, and cute, how could he not fall for them? They are his babies and even though he didn't want kids he can't deny them now.

      It will be interesting to see how he reacts when she comes back for them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete