Friday, July 18, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.16


The next morning I awoke to the constant ringing of my doorbell. Disorientated, I rolled over, only to hit the floor. Groaning, I stumbled my way over to the door.

Davis: Cora.

Cora: I just came to get the girls. I'm not leaving without them today.


Davis: The girls? What?

Cora: Yes Davis, the girls. You know the two whose party you ruined acting like an ass. Where are they?

Davis: With my mom.

Cora: Of course they are. I don't know why I expected you to have grown up, but whatever. You did the favor I needed in keeping them, now we can move on.

Davis: Hold on a second! Yes, I may have not acted so friendly towards that Tracy guy, but I think I've done a good job with Grace and Hope.


Cora: His name is Tristan, and it doesn't matter. We both knew this was only temporary...

Davis: So what? You just expect me not to see them even with us living in the same city? You think I'd just ignore them or worse you won't allow me to see them?

A funny look flashed across her face. I don't know if she was shocked that I'd want to continue to be a part of the girls' lives, but they had grown on me over the years. I never planned on having kids, but now that I did I couldn't imagine not having them.


Cora: Well...we won't be in the same city.

Davis: What are you talking about?

Cora: Well...Tristan, he will be working for his family's company, but not here and I got a job offer at the Barnacle Bay hospital so I'm moving there, with him.


That news was unexpected. She really was trying to just take off with my children without so much as consulting me.

Davis: Wow...who knew you had it in you to be heartless!

Cora: Heartless? You never even wanted kids!


Davis: That sure as hell didn't stop you from dropping them off at my doorstep and now that you are done using me, using my Mom you want to just ride off into the sunset with Tracy!

Cora: Tristan! And I'm not saying your mom won't ever see them again, it just won't be daily.

Davis: I don't give a damn what his name is! You are not taking my kids to set up your happy family with a man that is not their father!

Cora: You can't stop me! They are my kids!


Davis: They are OUR kids. I'll take you to court if I have to. You can't just rip them out of my life, my family's life like that and think it's okay. Here they have family, a support system, people that love them. All things that will be in my favor with a judge.


Cora: You would really try and take me to court, you would try to keep me from my girls?

Davis: No, I'm letting you know I won't let you take them from me.

I didn't want to be mean about it, but she had to know what she was doing was wrong. I guess she didn't think I'd care or voice an opinion, but she was wrong. After she left I called Mom to let her know Cora was on the way. I could tell from talking with her, Mom was still ticked at me about last night. Later that night, Mom showed up. Cora was playing dirty, she gave mom some sob story about me being unreasonable when it came to her moving.


My own mother, seemed to be on the side of the very person that was trying to rip her grandchildren out of her life. Mom said I was over reacting, that although she'd be sad to not see Hope and Grace daily she couldn't expect Cora to not live her dreams. What was wrong with these women? Moonlight Falls had a hospital, I wasn't saying she couldn't work, but why did it have to be somewhere else? Then she told me she went through something similar with Dad and that I needed to talk to him. Mom also reminded me that my relationship with Dad wasn't hurt by us not living in the same city. She thought there was more to my attitude and she didn't understand the change that was happening with the two of us, but hoped we could work it out.


It wasn't me that changed, it was her and her guilt over apparently cheating on her boyfriend, although I didn't tell Mom that. After work the next day I did call Dad. We talked for a while and he did say he threatened Mom for custody when he first found out about me, but his motives weren't exactly pure.


As much as he did want to be a part of my life, he also wanted to still be a part of Mom's despite all that had transpired between them. He told me I needed to really evaluate what my motives were, and then act accordingly.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. I knew this would happen. After all, Cora had said she planned on doing just that, even if Davis didn't quite understand it at the time or think that it would bother him if he did.
    Good point there, Boyd. What *are* your motives, Davis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this was always her plan but plans change. Davis didn't see it as a big deal before, but that is not the case now.

      LOL that was very good advice from his father. Let's see if he listens.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Cora is dead wrong here. It's not because she is taking the girls, she always said the situation would be temporary and that after she finished studying she would take them back. However she is using Davis if she expects that she can drop them off with him without any notice, as he had no idea the kids existed until the day she did that, and than snatch them away from him without making any arrangements for visitation or joint custody. She even said that his mother will be able to see the kids, but nothing about Davis.

    Yes they are all still angry from the night before, but it sounds like to me she didn't even think that he would want the kids in his life.

    Davis does have to take her to court, not for custody but for visitation.

    I still do think he is jealous of Cora and that Tracy guy and his father is right for telling him to think it about it, but I still think he wants a relationship with his daughters too.

    I also feel that on some level Cora is trying to punish Davis because it is clear that his attitude toward the girls has changed. She still has feelings for Davis but she thinks she doesn't think he will change so she is settling for Tristan and taking the girls away.

    Very good update, I really got into this one.

    Oh and that first picture, boy Davis must have had some night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you, team Davis. She is wrong in her thinking. When she first arrived, Davis was his typical anti-kid self but that's changed over the years. She doesn't see it, or doesn't want to see it. She also hasn't taken into account the girls love him. I mean he is a cool dad LOL. Right now she's angry and lashing out just like he is. And you caught that...his mom could see them but no mention of Davis. That statement says a lot about her frame of mind.

      There are a lot of feelings involved right now that are clouding each of their choices. Jealousy, guilt, maybe love...I think you are right with her motives. She wants one life and Davis is not the kind of man that will give her that life, but she has more than herself to think about in this situation. Hopefully they can both calm down and come to an agreement.

      LOL yeah he did...drank til he passed out.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Methinks that the agreement the courts will come to is each parent takes a kid BUT that could just be me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think most courts would separate the kids to please the parents. They will have to work out some other sort of custody/visitation arrangement. Let's hope Cora and Davis can talk and work things out before it gets worse.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Hmm what a sticky situation. I hope Cora and Davis can work something out that is for the benefit of the girls. They both need to realize how this will effect the girls and that they as parents need to make an effort to do what is best for the children and not for themselves. I feel that David should have visitation and be a part of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they can. Custody situations are never good and most times when/if it turns nasty it's the children that suffer the most. Both of them are acting on heightened emotions right now. Hopefully they will calm down and do what's in the best interest of the girls.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Davis has the power behind him to take the children, but, he also has a bad reputation which will not go over well. This is tough, but, he placed himself in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like his father, he was speaking a lot out of anger, but he does have rights. Rights that Cora is trying to trample all over. They are both handling things all wrong. :(

      Delete
  6. Oh dear :/ I'm not sure how a court case would go but I hope they'll manage to sort things out without one, for the girls' sakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will. Putting the girls in the middle of that would be bad.

      thanks for reading

      Delete