Saturday, July 26, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.20


As I get ready I briefly second guess what I'm about to do. True I have never been happy over the idea of her with that Tristan guy. The girls say he's ok, but they've never been overly enthusiastic about him. Mom seems to think I'm in love with Cora, I don't know if I'd go that far, but I know I don't want her with him. Or anyone for that matter, but love? Either way what I am about to do feels like the right thing, I only hope she agrees. When I arrive at the church, I quickly make my way upstairs in search of Cora, I've come early, so there aren't many people around.


Davis: You make a beautiful bride.

She looks at my reflection in the mirror. I can see she's shocked to see me here.

Davis: Although you wear that dress well, it covers way too much of you.

 Cora: I'm getting married, not going to a night club. I should be covered. Besides, Tristan's family is very traditional, so I needed to please them.

Davis: So you picked this for them...what about what you want. It is your day after all.

Cora: Why are you here Davis?


I reach out and stroke her beautiful face. From the very beginning Cora proved herself different from all the other women that filtered through my life. She was smart, funny, and very head strong. She was an amazing person and the mother of my children. Without a second thought, I kissed her.



She was shocked at first, but then I felt her body melting into mine. When I pulled away I was not expecting the hand that connected with my face.

Cora: What the hell Davis? Today is my wedding day are you trying to ruin it?!

 Davis: What the hell indeed! You kissed me back, not pushed me away. You enjoyed that kiss as much as I did.


Cora: You just never change! Is that all you think about, your next lay?

Davis: I have changed! The fact that I'm here proves that I've changed. I don't look at you like that, I never have...well not once I got to know you.

Cora looks shocked by my admission. I try to capitalize on that moment before her anger returns.

Davis: I get it, I like to party and have a good time, I don't see anything wrong with that, but there are 3 very important women in my life that think I need to grow up.


Cora: Only 3? She rolls her eyes as she makes the comment.

I smile because I know that she is thinking this conversation is headed a different direction. I can almost feel the renewed hostility rolling off of her. She's cute when she's angry.

Davis: Well if I am being honest, they're actually 5, but 2 of them think I'm pretty damn cool the way I am. However, my mother, Sha, and....you think differently.

I pull her into my arms and she doesn't resist.


Cora: And the other two?
 
Davis: Well, Hope and Grace enjoy staying up past midnight and having milkshakes for breakfast.

Her beautiful blue eyes sparkle when she laughs. I still love that sound.

Davis: Don't marry him Cora I know that's what you think you want, but I'm here to say you're wrong. We have fun together, you can't deny that.

Cora pulls away.

Cora: You're right, we did have fun, but now I need more. I need stability, I need that assurance of a secure future for me and the girls.


Davis: Marriage doesn't necessarily give you that. It could all be an illusion. You are willing to put more faith into that kind of unknown?

Cora: You are the bigger unknown, Davis. Your track record...I can't...

It wasn't her total rejection of my putting myself out there that hurt, it was her apparent inability to see past who I was and look at who I'd become.


I left her without saying another word and hoped I'd find some place in this god-forsaken town that was serving drinks. I drove until I came across a hole in the wall place at the edge of town called The Waterhole. Given the early hour of the day, the place was mostly empty. I took a seat at the bar, ordered my drink, and tried to drown out the fact that the only woman I have really cared for was getting ready to marry someone else.


14 comments:

  1. WTH?!

    Well, I guess Cora wants more, and Davis is still unwilling to give her that. I'd worried you'd do something like this with the girlfriend count still not up there. :/
    Cora wanted him to propose, for that to be the reason that she shouldn't marry Travis. She needs to listen to Davis: Marriage can be just an illusion; it might not be what she needs it to be.
    She should be patient and wait for what she really wants, but she thinks that she'll never get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...I know

      Cora does want more and Davis has always known that, however he hoped she would be willing to take what he could offer. He knows she feels the connection they have but he didn't realize how much her 'ideal' life would over power that feeling. :(

      She did want him to propose, or at the very least offer up some sort of a hint of commitment but he didn't. He's Davis and even though he's changed, he hasn't changed that much. She doesn't love Tristan, not like she should since she still has feelings for Davis so he was right to say it was all an illusion.

      She should be patient, but she's spent years waiting on Davis, she truly doesn't think she'll ever get what wants from him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. ugh really??? I wonder will she go through with the wedding? Will Davis do something dumb because he's intoxicated? I kept wondering if T would walk in on her and Davis sharing an intimate moment....Another update can't come soon enough....I want to know right now what is going on and ....guess I'll have to wait. Great update! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sorry. :( LOL Davis, yeah well don't most people do stupid stuff when drunk? Hopefully he won't get out of hand. Well Tristan wouldn't have walked in since it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. Now other family members maybe...

      All your questions will be answered tomorrow

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. I took a lot for Davis to do what he did, even without saying the words he basically told her that he loves her. I think her reaction would have been different if he would he didn't call marriage an illusion. I can't blame her for rejecting him because he didn't say he would make a commitment, on the other hand is it really good for her to get married to Tristan when she obviously is in love with Davis.
    Hopefully Davis should have at least let her doubt herself enough not to go through with the wedding. I don't have too much hope for that because Davis still needs to break one more heart for his lifetime wish.

    Oh these star crossed lovers! They get to me sometimes! Loved the update and I can't wait to see if she actually goes through with the wedding or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davis going to her like that, even if he didn't say the words she needed to hear, shows how much he's grown. Her reaction may have been different if he'd delivered his message in a better way. She needed o hear him say he's ready to be committed, he said that in his way, which wasn't good enough for her.

      She's scared and Tristan is a good guy and wants to make a life with her. She likes him and does care for him, but she doesn't love him in the same way. :( Maybe Davis did plant a seed of doubt, we'll know for sure tomorrow.

      I'm hoping those two can get it together soon enough.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. *sigh* I guess Cora does have a valid point... but... I think she is being a bit ridiculous. After all, he did show up, he did confess. I guess she needs the ring to feel like it's real. Too bad that sometimes the ring means nothing, but someone's word does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's still scared based off the old Davis...

      For a long time she had this ideal of the perfect family. Tristan is more 'family' man material to her than Davis so he's the safer bet. Now her thinking could be flawed because it shows a lot on Davis' part for him to show up like he did.

      Delete
  5. No Cora, don't marry that Tristan man. Davis love you you fool. Take him and leave. You him and the girl can live very happily.

    And now she drove Davis to drink early in the day.

    Man that women, she has no idea what she just rejected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Tristan is the more stable one. She's scared of what a future with Davis could hold based on who he used to be.

      He did need to drown his sorrows. :( She hurt him like no woman has ever hurt him before. He put himself out there (in Davis fashion) and she rejected him. That hurts. :(

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Poor Davis! Too little too late. Cora does make a beautiful bride. He did almost all he could have, I guess it's too much to ask for an "I love you". I don't blame Cora for hesitating, but Davis did show her some major growing-up by coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he put himself out there and got denied. :( Davis has come a long way, but is still not quite there. The I love you never even crossed his mind :( because he doesn't think that way. I know crazy LOL.

      Cora had a plan for her life and is trying to follow it. She sidetracked herself early on getting involved with Davis and has been trying to correct that for a while now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Oh Davis :( it hurts me to see him pouring his heart out like that, for the first time ever, and being shot down like this. I hope she leaves him at the altar. She knows she doesn't really love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Yeah he really put himself out there and was rejected. :( He took a major hit to his ego. She's still scared because she wants something she's not sure Davis can give her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete