Sunday, July 13, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.15


When I woke the next morning Cora was gone. At first I thought she was just downstairs, but no, she was gone. I called her, she didn't answer so I called Mom.

Davis: Morning Mom, how are you today?

Kerri: I'm good. Having the girls keeps me busy.

Davis: That's good...hey is Cora there by chance.

Kerri: She was honey, she stopped by to see the girls and said she had to get back to school.

I couldn't believe she'd leave without even saying goodbye. Over the next few weeks our conversations took a different tone. She'd immediately ask to speak to the girls and once she was done talking to them she'd get right off the phone.


It was odd. Her standoffish behavior lasted for the next month or so. I didn't understand it, we'd been getting along great and she just started giving me the cold shoulder. Eventually she did stop being so short with me on the phone, but she also stopped staying the weekends at my house. Instead she'd take the girls with her to Mom's. She had to be the most frustrating women I'd ever encountered. After two months of her not being in the same room with me for more than a few minutes, I devised a plan. I took the girls to Mom's house early, knowing Cora would come over to pick them up. She was going to talk to me one way or another.


Cora: Where are the girls?

Davis: At Mom's.

Cora: What didn't you tell me?! I could have saved the trip over here!

Davis: Because we needed to talk.

She reluctantly sat.


Cora: So talk.

Davis: What's going on with you?

Cora: Nothing, I'm just stressed, trying to finish school. Then I can move on and really get life started for the girls and I.


Davis: I understand school, but something's different. You haven't been the same since that night.

Cora: Look, I have to go. My time with the girls is limited as is and now you've cut into more.

She got up and left. I could have stopped her, but I didn't. My suspicions were confirmed by her avoidance of the topic. I don't know why sleeping with me again upset her so, but it did. It's not like she ended up pregnant again or something. After she left, I needed to go out. I called Chrissy to see if she was free.



We were still seeing each other every so often, so she was happy to get my call. A night out is just want I needed, free of the stress of kids, and my moody baby momma. I started treating Cora with the same sort of disregard she had for me. When she'd call, I'd instantly get the girls on the phone instead of even saying hello. I started making a habit of taking the girls to Mom's house before she arrived in town and letting her know via text. My weekends, now free, were spent hanging out. Work was going well, I'd gotten another promotion. My life was good, other than Cora seemed to get pisser with me for some reason. When her graduation rolled around, I wasn't going to go, but Mom wouldn't get off my back about it. The girls and I were there to support her, but we weren't the only one. I saw her kissing some guy right before the ceremony. The following week was the girl's birthday party.





Hard to believe they were six. Cora and I managed to coordinate a party at my house. That same guy from her graduation came with her. I mean yeah, Chrissy was there, but she was the girls' nanny, this guy was some stranger. At least to me, to her he seemed very familiar...too familiar for my liking.



Davis: What the hell Cora! This is a party for our daughters yet you are spending more time sucking face with that...person.

Cora: His name is Tristan, and I have not. And you are one to talk. Chrissy the nanny sure can't seem to keep her hands to herself. Clearly the girls aren't the only one she's been taking care of. Leave it up to you to hire someone like her.


Davis: Chrissy is an excellent nanny and for your information, my mother hired her, not me. Who is that guy? He seems awful touchy feely with you.

Cora: That's none of your business
.
Davis: Like hell it isn't. Who is he Cora?


People were starting to stare, but I didn't care. I was ticked that she'd bring some man to my house like that.


Cora: Keep your voice down!

Davis: Answer the question.

Cora: We're dating ok.

Davis: Dating! Since when do you have time to date? When you showed up at my doorstep you gave some sob story about needing to concentrate on school, now you tell me that you have been out dating and whatever...

Tristan: Babe is everything ok?


Davis: Babe? Now you're babe? How original!

Cora: Davis stop acting like this. I'm sure you haven't been living the life of a monk these last few years.

Tristan: Should we go?

Davis: Yeah...you should go. She is staying here! Is this why you all of a sudden started giving me the cold shoulder? Because of this...punk? How long have you been dating?

Cora shot me a death glare, but I didn't care.


Cora: Davis, don't. You are already making a scene.

I knew she was right. Most of the party guests had milled inside. Mom and Sha had ushered the girls indoors.

Davis: Answer me. Where you dating him when my grandmother died?

The look on her face told me the answer to that question.

Cora: Tristan, let me get the girls and we'll go.

Davis: Like hell! My girls stay here. If you want to leave with him fine.

I could see she wanted to argue, but she was too embarrassed by the confrontation and opted to just leave with that guy after kissing the girls goodbye. Mom tried to fuss at me for my behavior, but I didn't want to hear it.


I told everyone to leave, including the girls. Mom and Sha took them. They were upset, I could hear them both crying as they left. I spent the rest of the night getting juiced.

***
Ok...well for a short while I tried to move Cora out of Davis' house and SP instantly put her into a relationship with Tristan Van Gould (just an FYI...he is the son of Jenni's-Ansley's mom- second husband, but not by Jenni.). Cora was only out of the house for a day before I got the pop up they were in a steady relationship. LOL. I moved her back in before SP married her off or something. It's always throwing curve balls so I worked it into the story.

Shots of the girls
Grace: Traits--Good, Clumsy, Shy

Hope: Traits--Eccentric, Heavy Sleeper, Good Sense of Humor

17 comments:

  1. This was a great update! Oh Davis has got it so bad for Cora, but of course he is not going to admit it. Was that jealousy we seen at that party? Yep it sure was, the green eyed monster took control of Davis.

    I think Cora has it bad for him too and she is trying to deny it. She didn't give Davis the cold shoulder because of Tristan, she has feeling for Davis. I think Cora is trying to ignore her feelings for Davis because he is not the marrying kind as he said so himself. She slipped up the night of the funeral and she is trying to make sure it does not happen again, so she is distancing herself from him.

    The girls look adorable as kids! I love Grace's hair. Can't wait to see what happens next, Davis and Cora have the potential to being a Super couple and they earned their spot on my favorite couple list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he does, but he won't admit it. He dates and has a good time, but he never expected her to do the same. The fact that she is does not sit well with him! That was the green eyed monster showing his ugly head!

      I think you may be right about Cora. She knows the kind of man he is, he's never tried to deny it and that's not what she wants in her life. She has goals and dreams that she knows she can't have with Davis so she keeps him at a distance. Or tried...

      :D I like how they look. They seem to be a good mix of the parents, but I see more of grandma Kerri in Hope. Especially since she's now a teen in my game play. Just wait til you see her. I love seeing the back generations genes still come into play. It's kinda cool

      Aww...fave couple!!! I love them and will be sad when his gen is over. :( Part of the reason why I want to make Cora a vamp before Grace takes over.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. You know, you can set SP for an individual sim to not get in any relationship.
    Wow, Davis blew his top! I understand, believe me, but wow. What a 180 from when Cora first showed up with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, nope didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. I had to move her back in quickly when I got that pop up.

      LOL yeah he did. He has this strange claim on her in his mind that no one (not even him) knows about. He never imagined she'd date. The thought really never crossed his mind but boy does he not like that she is!!!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. ROFL He's experiencing now what he never expected, he's jealous! How come that HE is not the center of HER universe? It hearts, doesn't it?
    I loved this update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL yeah it hurts. He was totally blind sided by her dating and has decided rather quickly he doesn't like it!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Ohh Davis! Suddenly it's not so much fun being just casual, hmm? I wasn't expecting this. I expected things to be weird after she spent the night, but not *this*. At least Davis is finally dealing with his feelings for her. Hopefully it's not too little too late. That SP! Sure moves fast! Aye cyurumba. Oh, Davis, don't do anything TOO reckless while you're upset. Don't push Cora further away. Hopefully he just goes to the bar and hooks up with someone, so he can finish his LTW and settle down with Cora. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...he looks at Cora differently and he does not like her dating. He never considered the fact that she would date. It really never crossed his mind. I don't know if he's acknowledging his feelings for her per se, he just knows he was not happy about her dating anyone. He may not fully understand why that is.

      Hopefully he won't act like any more of an ass than he already did. LOL you want him to settle down? You sound like Kerri but that is so far from Davis' mind right now.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Shafer249 here. Oh, the green eyed monster of jealously is rearing it's ugly head! But Cora is right: Davis hasn't exactly been a saint himself. Lol, with the nanny of all people! Hope and Grace has grown up beautifully : ) Glad to see the girls are growing on Davis. I see your founder passed on : ( Rip Ansley. Well Cora did offer comfort that night. There's still some feelings between them obviously. Can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep...that monster hit him hard! Davis never eve saw it coming. He hasn't been a saint, even before, she knew his game and the kind of guy he was, Davis just never thought about Cora dating. She was the mother of his children, the woman he looked at as more than a random hook up, never someone that would date unless it was him. LOL He doesn't like it.

      The girls have made a huge impact in his life. He's turned out to be a good father to them.

      There are feelings between Cora and Davis, feelings neither of them will admit to for very different reasons.

      :( and yes my founder has died. But she lived a good life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Ahhhh he is quite attached to Cora.... What happened to Mr Playboy, love'em and leave'em? Hahaha
    And Tristan (I looooove that name!) is a vampire too.... maybe a pureblood ;)
    Good for Cora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shhh...don't tell Davis he's attached LOL he won't believe you

      Tristan is a vamp too, he family is a very prominent one in the city. Cora hooked herself a good one. :P

      Delete
  8. Well now, it sounds like someone's jealous....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, the green-eyed monster hit him hard. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. Oh God he's so jealous :D I love seeing how protective and attached he's become to the girls! To think he's become a good-ish parent yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes he is! The green eyed monster reared it's ugly head and Davis showed his ass!

      He loves his girls, they grew on him and he wants to be a father to them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete