Friday, July 4, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen 3.11


I ran upstairs to put on some pants while I waited for Mom to arrive. When I got back down stairs, Cora was on the floor playing with the one she'd called Hope. The other one, Grace crawled over to me. I couldn't be a father, being responsible for myself was one thing, but for another being, two other beings...not going to happen. Mom arrived about half an hour later.


Davis: Thank goodness you're here.

Kerri: Is everything ok? You call me over here at night and out of the blue.

Davis: No, everything is not ok. I need you to help with that.

I stepped to the side allowing her into the house. Cora stood and gave her a small grin. Mom looked at Cora then at the girls on the floor, then back at me.

Kerri: Davis...what's going on?


Cora: Hello Ms. Gruber. I'm...I'm um...Cora Sidwell. Davis and I knew each other at University.

Kerri: Uh-huh...and by knew you mean...

Cora: Yeah...


Kerri: Uh-huh...and those are his?

Davis: Mom, I swear I didn't know. She just showed up at my door tonight.

Cora: I'm sorry for just showing up like this. I've been doing this on my own for the most part, but...

Davis: Mom, she wants me to take them!


Mom leaned down to pick up Grace instantly slipping into maternal mode. The little girl giggled as Mom tickled her. She'd gone from having no possibility of grandchildren to having two in the blink of an eye. Only she didn't seem as shocked or thrown off by that fact as I was.

Kerri: Take them? What do you mean?

Cora filled Mom in on her predicament while Mom enjoyed playing with the girls. I walked outside to the bar to fix myself a drink because my nerves for once were shot.


Davis: So, Mom, you'll take them right?

Both women looked at me as if I'd lost my mind.

Kerri: Davis, these are your girls. Sha and I will help out of course, but no I'm not taking them anywhere.

Davis: Mom! Seriously. This. Me. Not happening. I travel too often for work you know that. Plus what am I supposed to do with kids? Look at you. You are a natural with them. You're meant for this kind of thing.


Cora: Why because she's a woman?

That anger was back in her voice as she turned to frown at me.

Davis: Well yeah. Partially. She's a mother. She knows what to do. Do either of you really want to leave two toddlers in my care?

Not that I thought my life was bad. I enjoyed the way it was going, so much so I wasn't ready to give that up yet. It would be easy enough to point out all of what they both probably thought were my 'bad' habits. I could paint myself the bad guy, no problem if that meant getting my way in the end. My job, the lack of space at my house, the fact that I slept like the dead. That last part got them. They didn't want the girls to be crying for hours on end stuck in a crib or something while I napped til noon.


Cora: Maybe he's right. This was a bad idea. I'll just turn down the scholarship.

Kerri: Nonsense. You have done this on your own, and I know that's not easy. Cora, dear, we will work something out. Don't worry about a thing.

And by working things out meant Grace and Hope moved in with Mom and Sha. Cora's program didn't start for another two months, so she moved in with Mom and Sha temporarily. She wanted to make sure the girls were comfortable there.




Mom really seemed to like Cora, and every time we talked, she would make little comments about her being exactly what she'd imagined her daughter-in-law to be like. I'd already inadvertently given her grandkids, what more did that woman want from me?


The arrangement was that they would keep them when I had to travel and I was supposed to get them on the weekends. Since my house really didn't fit kids, I ended up spending nights at Mom and Sha's place. They converted my room back into a nursery since it was on the same floor as theirs. Cora occupied the mostly unused third floor, and when I'd stay over we'd have to share a bathroom since I'd also been kicked upstairs. I have to say that having kids had only added to Cora's figure which I got to see after accidentally walking in on her as she got out of the shower.



I'd been really good about keeping things between us strictly friendly until that moment, however she quickly put the brakes on the moment I carried her to her room. She told me I side tracked her life once, she wasn't going to let me do that again. I could have protested, but instead I left her and went to take a cold shower.

The two months passed quickly. Mom kept telling me to just sell my townhouse and move back in with them, but I couldn't do that. No girl would want to hang out and party when they learned I lived with my Mom. No, the weekend arrangement worked well. Plus the house didn't feel quite the same after Cora left.

**A/N**

So Cora is part of the household because, like Sha, I didn't want SP doing something with her when I needed her for the story. Now that she's 'gone to Uni' she won't be seen for a while (maybe...depends on how things go). But I have to watch her and Davis...I swear those two whenever I'm not controlling them they are running off to woo-hoo, sometimes they attempt risky woo-hoo. I just know they are gonna be popping out babies when left to their own devices. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh that Davis really is a smooth talker, ready to paint himself as the bad guy just to get out of taking care of his kids. Eventually he found the right words, sleeps like the dead to save him but only partially. Whether he likes it or not he is a dad now and is going to start acting like it.

    I love the chemistry between him and Cora and I feel your pain with Xing out romantic interactions as I am doing that constantly myself. I really wish we had more control over the attraction system. Doesn't look like Davis is going to change that much while Cora is at university but maybe later on they would make a cute couple. Afterall the house wasn't the same without Cora, she must have gotten to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yep. Davis knows what to say to get what he wants. Has since a teen. Hopefully he'll figure out he will need to act like a father, but if Kerri is ok taking care of the girls, he may get off scot-free.

      I'm glad the chemistry is coming through for those two. I'm really trying to play that up. And yes!!! OMG when left to their own devices those two are always on each other. It's early still, so there still might be hope for him. But then again it's Davis...so maybe not. LOL

      Yeah Cora seems to have a strange effect on him. ;)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Haha, too funny! This guy is really lucky, having his Mom and Sha to help him. Maybe it's better, at least until he gets used to be a more responsible father.
    Hmmm looks like Cora isn't quite past yet!
    Love your story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Kerri has wanted grandkids so she will be happy to help. Plus they are cute, how can you not love them. LOL And yes, they need to help him, because being responsible is not his thing. LOL. He likes to have fun and party and Kerri knows exactly what kind of guy he is.

      Cora has an effect on Davis for sure. Glad you are enjoying it, Davis has been fun to write.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Ok enter simself to kick Davis's butt! I can't believe he talked his mom into that arrangement....but then again it's Davis...Amazing you have sims like that mine have never gone off to woohoo alone maybe I need to adjust the mod some :/ I hope there aren't any other surprises from other ladies in the story and maybe Davis will see that Cora could be the one....even if it's not till later...and I hope it's not too late if/when he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...yeah He sure did smooth talk his mom into taking the girls. I have the woo-hooer mod and it allows for autonomous woo-hoo and even for risky so when they like each other as much as Davis and Cora do they run off often.

      Well unless Davis has been naughty while I wasn't looking, there hasn't been any other risky or try for baby with any of the other ladies so we should be clear there. Cora does have a special place with Davis it would seem...maybe she could be the one to tame him, if it's not too late.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Wow, so Kerri's got little ones to look after again.
    LOL @ you trying to do other things yet keep an eye on Davis and Cora at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, she wanted a grandchild, he gave her two LOL. Davis the over achiever hahahaha

      OMG those two a terrible. Every chance they get they are trying to flirt or woo-hoo...it's a mess

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Ohhh Davis look what you've done! I think easing him into being a father (aka "The Weekend Agreement") is wise. I think leaving him with those girls would be a recipe for disaster. I'm glad he is getting some exposure to them, though and eventually he'll come around. I hope Cora does really well at Uni and is able to continue with her plans. I'm sure Kerri isn't suffering too much, having the girls around... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah he needs to ease into that lifestyle change although Cora didn't get to ease into it. He really does need step up and be a father. He shouldn't be able to get off easy and hopefully Kerri won't let him.

      Kerri is over the moon right now to have grandkids. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Lots going on. Since Kerri got her grandkids, I bet she will get Cora as a daughter-in-law too, unless she disappears from Davis again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Kerri would love to have Cora as a daughter-in-law but Davis is soooo not ready for marriage.

      Delete
  7. Bless Kerri, immediately loving the girls :3 I like how Kerri and Cora immediately got along - it's a shame Davis is so against it at this point. I suppose Kerri could pretend? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri has been wanting grandkids, she's over the moon right now! They did get along. Cora is a sweet girl, and Kerri has no illusions about the kind of man her son is. Davis sees his world imploding right now LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete