Monday, June 30, 2014

Going Solo: Davis Gen. 3.10


I stared at her. She looked different, yet the same. It had been three years since I'd seen her, she looked more mature now. Gone was the low cut shirt and tight jeans I loved seeing her in, replaced with a modest dress that tried, but yet failed, to hide every delicious curve of her body. Her eyes roamed my naked torso, her face flushed with color when she made it back up to my face.

Davis: Cora?!

Cora: Hello Davis. May we come in?


We? That's when my eyes left her gorgeous face to see two small people sitting at her feet. I leaned down to pick up one, dread filled my body when I looked into eyes that mirrored my own.


Cora picked up the other little girl and followed me into the house. I sat on the couch staring while Cora pulled toys out of a bag for the girls to play with.

Cora: How've you been? she asked taking a seat beside me.

Davis: You have kids. I said sitting dumbfounded, watching the two little beings play.

Cora: Yes...and...so do you.


Davis: NO! NO! NO! You...you took off. Ignored my calls and texts. I haven't seen you in years and you just show up on my doorstep with kids trying to claim their mine?!

This was not happening. This was not right. She can't just take off for years then show up with these girls and think I'd just believe they were mine.

Cora: How dare you! she replied angrily. You know there was no one before you! And there hasn't been anyone since you. Even if I'd wanted to date, working full-time while caring for twins and attending my local college to finish my pre-med degree left me no time!


Davis: So what? Three years later you show up for what? Money?

Cora looked insulted, the one with my eyes started to cry.

Cora walked over and consoled her. I paced the small living room trying to wrap my head around what was staring me right in the face. I didn't want any kids, yet here sat two in my living room. Once she calmed the kid down, she sat her back beside her sister.


Cora: Look, do you think I wanted to come here? I remember all too well your talks about how this was not what you wanted. I remember the callous remarks about should you 'slip' up the girl would need to take 'care' of things while she still had time. Which is exactly why I didn't tell you, or come back to University.


There was no mistaking the pain and anger in her voice as she threw my words back at me. Of course I was just talking out of my ass most of the time in college. But one thing I always made sure of was to be safe, to avoid this very thing.

Davis: We used something.


Cora: Yeah...every time but the first.

It hit me then, the end of year party. One too many keg stands for both of us.

Davis: So, back to why you are here now. I'm guessing you want some sort of support? That's fine how much you need?

A weird look flashed across Cora's face, she turned to look at the little girls then back at me.


Cora: Don't you even want to know their names?

Names? Yeah, they had names. I'm sure she didn't just call them kid 1 and kid 2. She started talking again without waiting on me to answer.

Cora: The one with your eyes is Hope, and the quiet one with my eyes is Grace. They are pretty easy to tell apart, which is good since....you need to keep them.

Davis: Wait! What? Keep them? No...I'll pay whatever you need, but keeping them, not happening!


She was out of her mind if she thought she was going to pawn these girls off on me. Cora proceeded to explain to me that she'd finished her pre-med degree and had gotten a full ride scholarship for her doctorate program. The only problem the housing didn't include family housing. She'd have to live in the standard dorm rooms.

Davis: So...I'll rent you a house near campus. Problem solved.


Cora: No, problem not solved. Davis, look this was my last resort. Well...only resort really. My parents...well they haven't been all to happy I returned home pregnant. They won't keep the girls while I'm in school. I have been struggling since I left University as they only help every so often. This is a great opportunity for me. I need you to step up, be a man, and be their father. The program is going to be intense since I'm trying to complete it in less time. I need to focus on that, just for a while, then I'll come back and the girls and I will be out of your hair.

This was not happening...I couldn't keep these kids. My life was not meant for little people to be a part of. I watched as Cora went back to her magic bag of stuff and pull out two bottles. She handed one to each girl and gave them a weary smile. She said she'd been struggling. Some how this woman managed to take care of those kids, work, and finish her undergrad degree.



With a heavy sigh, I made the only call I knew I could.

Davis: Hey Mom, I need you to come over.


**A/N**
So I guess it was time for my game to give me twins. :( PG, see what I was saying about karma. Not only did he get a girl, the game gave him two. LOL

I decided at the start of this challenge that if the game gave me twins or triplets, the first born would be the heir, so that's what I'm sticking with. But depending on how the story progresses, and since I tend to fudge on the number of people in the house, Hope may play somewhat of a part in the story. And both girls appear to be human, Hope may have Davis' eyes, but they don't have the vamp glow and neither seem to have fangs either.

First born was Grace Sidwell. Traits: Good (from Davis) Clumsy



Then there's Hope Sidwell. Traits: Heavy Sleeper (from Davis) Eccentric


24 comments:

  1. Well mom.... meet your grandkids! *nervous smile*

    That should be a sight.
    I knew at some point his fooling around would come back to bite him. Too bad the girls aren't vamps or one of them could've bit him... oh well. KARMA!!!! TIMES TWO!!! LOL, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha...yep that just proved that you're never too old to need your mom. Even when you're someone like Davis.

      Can't wait to see what Kerri says. :P That should be fun. He spent a lot of time with the ladies, keeping things causal and such, it was bound to happen. A slip up...and yeah KARMA really did bite him on the ass with this one. Not only did he get kids he didn't want, he got girls!!!! GIRLS....he'll need to change his womanizing ways (hopefully).

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. ROFL! Well I was right about it being Cora but Twins! And both girls! I never expected that! This is what happens Davis when you woohoo too many girls! I actually loved the way she told him he had to man up and accept his responsibility to the girls. He did make those babies too and she shouldn't have to do it all. Handing money over is the easy way out.

    Now he has to smooth talk Kerri into taking care of them. Something tells me that is not going to go over too well. Its going to be fun watching him take care of the twins. His life style is going to have to change drastically now.

    Looking forward to the teen years and these girls start dating! That should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep you were right. When I saw her at Uni I decided she'd be the mom for this gen. She's really pretty and I thought she and Davis would make cute babies.

      I did not expect twins, but I know that is a risk that we take each time so I knew it was bound to happen at some point. I laughed hard when she went into labor and the first girl showed up, I laughed even harder after the second. His woo-hooing days have caught up with him for sure.

      Cora was the 'different' one, she didn't let him smooth talk her like the other girls and he actually spent time getting to know her as a person. She is a very smart girl and she was trying to do it on her own knowing how Davis was, but she was right to tell him to man up. He helped make those babies, he should have a hand in raising them. Not just throwing money at the problem in hopes that it went away.

      Yep...now he has to tell his mom he messed up. She'll at least be excited to have grandkids. :D No matter what he's thinking right now, his life is about to change whether he wants it to or not.

      LOL the teen years...that should be fun

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Waaa! I was wondering who would show up at the door! It really could have been anyone. Even an angry mob with pitchforks. I honestly didnit know who to expect!

    Let this be a warning to the Going Solo community... The name "Cora" may have a "twins" curse attached to it! Twins soooo weren't in my plan either. I am sure Kerri and Sha will be thrilled to have TWO grandbabies, and Kerri will get some good laughs over watching Davis be a parent! I'm sure she'll give him excellent advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha---angry mob with pitchforks....that had me really laughing!

      Yeah I was not expecting twins, but I knew I'd be hit with them at some point. Guess the game thought it would be fitting to give Davis twin girls considering he didn't want any kids. See, had I known about the 'Cora' curse, I would have chosen a different woman to have his kids. LOL. But it's all good. Davis is about to get a crash course in parenting.

      You are right Kerri and Sha will be thrilled. Now he should appreciate all the patience she had with him as he grew up. Should be fun to watch him try and make it through.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. /washes out mouth from four letter words uttered
    I was right on who it was, but I was NOT prepared for the little surprises!
    Sorry such short comments. I'm in more a reading than a commenting mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha...yep it was her. Those two little surprises is what has kept her away. But now she's back, this should be fun.

      no worried on the comments.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Wow! I figured it was someone with a kid but twin girls haha..he has no idea what's coming...I had a friend w/ twin girls they are teenagers now hehe ....I can only picture Davis taking care of these two...if he's lucky Cora will get them before they turn into teenagers. I can always hope one is a vampire and it just hasn't showed yet. So funny how he called his mom...I bet she will be stoked to find out she is a grandma of not one but two little darlings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...it was bound to happen, but twins was not expected. I was shocked too when she had them. hahaha

      Him with kids, 2 girls, yeah that will be fun to watch. Hopefully they won't be too scarred by the time she's done with school. He didn't/doesn't know what else to do other than call his mom in for reinforcements. He knows when he's in over his head. Kerri will be happy to know she has grandkids I'm sure.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Shafer249! Wow! Two babies! Davis should considering himself lucky he didn't get 3 Lol. Wonder what Kerri is going to say! Will having two daughters stop his ways and go on to be a good father? Or is he going to continue on with his ways? I bet those two adorable babies will just grow on him. Great chapter can't wait for more. Congrats on the twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Him, I'm lucky he didn't get 3. I have no clue what I would have done with triplets, I was shocked to have twins. LOL.

      Let's hope having daughters will give him a new view on the world. He does have some growing up to do, so hopefully Grace and Hope will do that for him. I'm ahead in game play, just trying to work out his story to make it fun and told from his very interesting POV.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha karma heating back, I just loved this update.
    I wonder how he's gonna handle this situation. Yes, of course, first reaction call Mom hahaha
    I'm surprised that both are human. I was sure at least one should carry the vampire gens.
    EliRoc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma came and knocked him on his butt for sure LOL SURPRISE you have twins LOL....

      Of course he calls his Mom, what else is a self proclaimed life long bachelor supposed to do when faced with kids he didn't know he had.

      I was surprised they both are human as well. I know with Supernatural the chance of passing on the gene is 50/50 but I thought at least one of them would get it. I'll just play it out and see what happens. If anyone rolls the want to become a vampire, I'll have Davis change them over.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Awesomeness! Neither are vamps? This is going to be fun watching Davis be a dad. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope...with Davis, his eyes glowed and he had fangs as a tot, they have neither of those things. His vamp gene missed both of them. It should be fun to see him muddle through.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  9. slap slap and slap! He was pretty mean to Cora in his panic.
    The girls are so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...he is panicking big time. He went from no kids to two! That is not sitting well with him.

      Delete
  10. They're so adorable. I had originally thought Cora was going to announce she was dying when she just showed up like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah he got twins. They both look so different which makes them easier to tell apart.

      you thought she wanted to spend her final moments with Davis? They did have a connection so anything is possible. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Well I was thinking more along the lines of her parents won't take the kids, they need their father since I'll be gone. "Here ya go, honey, have fun!" is kinda what I was picturing when she showed up at the door.

      Delete
    3. AH...OK got it. Yeah that would have been even worse news than what she delivered.

      Delete
  11. N'aww, now there's a face I know! ^^ I was expecting Cora, but I was not expecting her to bring two little jelly beans along! :O I don't think he was either :P Come on, Davis, it'll be good for you!! You can teach them all about those men out there who only want one thing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep it was her, with additions. He was certainly not expecting that sort of a visit out of the blue. Should be fun to see how he handles things.

      thanks for reading

      Delete