Sunday, June 1, 2014

Going Solo: Kerri 2.17


The house felt empty without Davis. I missed him terribly. I called him nearly everyday but he would only speak to me for a few minutes. Boyd said he was doing well. He was spending time with his younger brother and had even seen my mom a few times. Each time Boyd mentioned how happy Davis was, I worried more and more that he wouldn't want to come back. Sha and I put the wedding plans on hold. It was her idea. She saw how upset Davis' attitude towards us made me, so thought we should wait to see how things played out with him. I was grateful for her understanding and support.


I passed the time painting. I was getting more for each piece, and had even started selling some at the local consignment shop. I also decided to enroll in an online class. My love of learning was still there, and it would give me something to help pass the time until Davis returned.




It was a quick three month course for a degree in communications. Graham and Ichelle had another baby girl name Toya. They sent pictures, she was a real cutie. Mom had finally retired. She told me once the summer was up, she would bring Davis back since she planned on moving to be closer to us. The week before Davis was due to come home, I talked to Boyd to make sure he was being returned. Much to my surprise, Boyd told me Davis was excited about coming home. He still didn't talk to me for long on the phone, but Boyd said that was because he'd been a busy little bee. He'd made a few friends, mostly girls, that kept him on the phone or online chatting a lot.



When he walked back into the house I pulled him into a tight hug. He'd grown some over the summer, but he was still my baby faced little boy. His attitude had improved. He and Sha were back to being best of friends.



He loved on Rascal a lot. That dog was happy to have him back as well. He'd picked up the game of chess while with his father, and we played sometimes and he was back to letting me help with homework.



I quickly learned Boyd wasn't lying about the phone. That thing was constantly ringing.




If he wasn't talking on the phone he was chatting online with the friends he'd made in Bridgeport. He'd also turned into a workout nut. He had DVDs he worked out to almost everyday and had gotten into watching sports.


Sha was excited about that since she loved football. He and Mom had grown closer over the summer as well. She was over often taking him places. I had been nervous about him going away for the summer, but it looked like it turned out to be a great decision. My little boy was back to being his old self again. Sha and I still hadn't talked about rescheduling the wedding. We both agreed that was something that could wait a little longer.

**A/N**
Okay, so Kerri has completed her LTW of having 3 degrees. Because of her previous ones, plus her skill levels, like degree 2 she only had to go a week to complete enough credits. Since she'd already been to Uni twice, I opted to not show her a third time and have her take 'online' classes instead. I wish that really was an option. Anyway she now has degrees in Fine Arts, Science & Medicine, and Communications.

She is still level 9 on painters career. She needed to earn something close to $25,000 in profits to reach level 10. She has $20,000 left to earn. :( It might be a while since she's only earning around 2k or so per painting. I've gotten her the LTR that is supposed to increase the amount she makes per painting. Hopefully she'll be close to done by the time Davis is ready to turn into a YA. I've never sold stuff at the consignment before, so trying out with a few to see if she makes more that way.

Extra pics
I thought this was a very pretty picture.


Ansley as an elder. **side note** I realized that there is some major glitch in my game right now. My elder days are set to 10, yet Jenni (Ansley's mom) is currently on day 23. Gonna have to kill her off if she out lives Ansley since she already out lived Matt.


Graham and Ichelle's newest addition Toya


18 comments:

  1. You'll get QUITE a bit more for things sold by consignment, esp if you purchase savvy seller. Some of Auroras works sell for over 20k. From what I remember, anyway.
    Really really glad Davis is home and there's peace in the house again! I wonder what Boyd said to him while he was gone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, cool thanks. I don't think I purchased that one, but I will for sure. She has tons of LTR points that are just sitting there!

      Yes, the house is again at peace. Boyd could have used this opportunity to his advantage, but he didn't. I think Davis just needed that male influence.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. So glad it worked out and he came home like his old self. I wonder if the wedding keeps being put off if Kerri and Sha's relationship would change. I haven't use the cosignment shop much either maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, time with his father did him good.

      Nope, their relationship is pretty solid! Kerri has no plans to go anywhere and Sha is very understanding of everything.

      I'm playing more features of this game now. Hopefully with the LTR suggested I can get her finished up with her career soon.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. The time away seemed to do some good for Davis and he seems to be making a lot of friends. I was going to suggest the same thing that Holly did about the Savvy Seller. Can't wait for the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it did. He needed that male role model, and Boyd was good and didn't take advantage of the situation.

      Yeah he is making lots of friends...mostly of the female persuasion...if that gives you a hint of which way his gen will go. :P

      I looked before my game crashed, I do have it. Davis has 2 days til he's a teen, gonna have the wedding after that so he can give his mom away. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Awwwwwww!

      Delete
    3. :) love happy-ish endings

      Delete
  4. WOW, this was a cool update... the kids are cute as too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for the degrees on Fine Arts, Science&Medicine and Communications. I think she'll do the 25'000 quicker with this LTR.
    I'm glad Davis got back to himself. I wonder how he's going to react when they decide to retake their wedding plans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I took on this LTW I didn't think Kerri's gen would be any fun and I dreaded all the trips to Uni. Other than the first trip there, it was pretty painless. Still boring to play as it's all the same stuff, but over and done now.

      The consignment plus those LTR has made it go quicker.

      They are glad he's back to his old self as well. They are going to ease back into the wedding talk a little later.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Glad the summer was good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Boyd talked with Davis about his Mom's situation. That or the new friends have helped him calm down. Or, Bridgeport opened his eyes to what's important :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having guy time with his dad was helpful. Boyd just reenforced what Kerri told him about different types of families. That plus his new friends helped calm him down.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad he managed to calm down again a bit over the summer, and that he's getting on well with Sha again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His time with Boyd was beneficial it seems and he didn't try and turn Davis against her. All is well in the house again.

      thanks for reading

      Delete